Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:32:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 100% Bitcoin will be denied  (Read 5651 times)
Nikolaj06

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

WINSTARS - We are changing the face of gambling

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 06:39:00 PM

How many wars has the US lost?

Every one we have been in since WWII... Sad

Sorry to burst your patriotic bubble, but even though the US likes to claim victory in their wars, winning is very subjective..

Some questionable "victories" include the Korean War, Vietnam War and the most recent War in Iraq.

As for completely lost causes to anyone with a moderately open mind are the long War on Drugs and the more recent War on "Terror"

I am not scared of the US attacking the crypto currencies, being it on. As soon as they start fighting for real, they've already lost.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
WINSTARS -   We are changing the face of gamblingWHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAMFACEBOOK ● Twitter
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Damnsammit

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 06:40:24 PM

Sorry to burst your patriotic bubble, but even though the US likes to claim victory in their wars, winning is very subjective..

Some questionable "victories" include the Korean War, Vietnam War and the most recent War in Iraq.

As for completely lost causes to anyone with a moderately open mind are the long War on Drugs and the more recent War on "Terror"

I am not scared of the US attacking the crypto currencies, being it on. As soon as they start fighting for real, they've already lost.

Ummm, I said we lost every war since WW2... but thanks? Huh
Peter Lambert

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 07:53:01 PM

That is a stretch to say the US lost every war. Nobody would say they lost when they fought to free Kuwait in the 90's.

Use CoinBR to trade bitcoin stocks: CoinBR.com

The best place for betting with bitcoin: BitBet.us
Bitzil

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 08:14:18 PM

The government may not like BTC, but what can they do against all it's users worldwide? How can one take over control? IT'S DECENTRALIZED!
Rather than the government, people should be worrying about the mining hardware race that's going on. That's something that could really end BTC for good.
But even in that case, not everything would be lost, we would still have litecoins (until they develop some ASIC for scrypt).

DECENTRALIZATION is what makes BTC what it is. Once we have fewer and fewer users in control of it, it's fundaments will have gone forgoten, and so it will become another history's footnote.
Damnsammit

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 08:28:06 PM

That is a stretch to say the US lost every war. Nobody would say they lost when they fought to free Kuwait in the 90's.

True, but I still view all of the wars in the Middle East as a pretty big failure.  Shield and Storm happened when I was in grade school, so I don't have much of an opinion on them.  OIF/OEF/OND were all failures in my eyes, though.  Korea and Vietnam were obviously failures as was the Cold "War".

In fact, to say that the US lost any war is not true either.  They just haven't won many lately, probably because we are fighting wars for other countries.  
Nikolaj06

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

WINSTARS - We are changing the face of gambling

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 08:49:09 PM

Ummm, I said we lost every war since WW2... but thanks? Huh

Lol, sorry misread it xD. Never mind then <3

WINSTARS -   We are changing the face of gamblingWHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAMFACEBOOK ● Twitter
Piper67
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 09:35:55 PM

But US got the strength (army guns knowlage)... Pretend you are in grade school and there is no teachers, who is the boss ? Biggest guys leads and if you dont want to follow them you get hit until you change your mind. Do not forget this

How many guns does it take to destroy the Bitcoin code?

Almost all of them... and by some measure, absolutely all of them  Cheesy
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 09:49:39 PM

I've heard it said that the conflict began when the US cajoled the Kuwaitis into draining Iraqi oilfields covertly from just across the border. Difficult to prove, but let's get real from now on: there is so much evidence that Western governments provoke conflicts, then propagandise whichever version of "who started it" to suit their agenda.

Vires in numeris
kik1977

Activity: 593
Merit: 505

Wherever I may roam

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 09:53:38 PM

Government will only deny bitcoin if they do not find a way to tax it properly.

Which they won't, unless it becomes centralized.

Guys, I do not understand this thing and I keep on reading it here over and over again. So many people celebrating the fact that the State cannot tax bitcoins and shouting proudly "They cannot tax it, it's anonymous!!"

.. Let's imagine for a second that all the different currencies disappear and there is only BTC..

If a Government is not able to tax your earnings (which will be in BTC, remember, it's the only currency you have), how is anything going to work? Who's paying for any public service, for your roads, water, trash, schools, etc.?

If by any means anyone want BTC to succeed and become mainstream, it MUST be taxed as any other currency.
Which could be difficult or not, but that's another topic...

We are like butterflies who flutter for a day and think it is forever
Bitzil

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 10:16:14 PM

Guys, I do not understand this thing and I keep on reading it here over and over again. So many people celebrating the fact that the State cannot tax bitcoins and shouting proudly "They cannot tax it, it's anonymous!!"

.. Let's imagine for a second that all the different currencies disappear and there is only BTC..

If a Government is not able to tax your earnings (which will be in BTC, remember, it's the only currency you have), how is anything going to work? Who's paying for any public service, for your roads, water, trash, schools, etc.?

If by any means anyone want BTC to succeed and become mainstream, it MUST be taxed as any other currency.

If it were to be taxed just like any other currency, then it would be just another currency. It would loose it's purpose entirely.
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 10:28:47 PM

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=How+to+pay+for+roads+without+a+government#
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=How+to+pay+for+water+without+a+government#
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=How+to+pay+for+trash+without+a+government#
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=How+to+pay+for+education+without+a+government#
kik1977

Wherever I may roam

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 10:31:39 PM

If it were to be taxed just like any other currency, then it would be just another currency. It would loose it's purpose entirely.

Ok, still you have not replied to my question! I don't understand the assumption taxes=evil ... For sure there are detestable and often unfair taxes, I agree on this, still I cannot imagine a world where citizens don't agree on giving something for the common good.
The bottom line is, the more mainstream bitcoins become, the more obvious it is that we should pay taxes on them.
And going back to the example I made, in that case it wouldn't be just another currency, it would be the only (or the main) currency.

solex
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

100 satoshis -> ISO code

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 10:45:26 PM

Everybody knows what US Federal Reserve is.
It`s a private company issuing US Dollar.

People need to stop repeating that the Fed is a private company. It is just another government department, like the hundreds of others which are semi-autonomous.

It pays 100% of its profits to the US Treasury.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/15/federal-reserve-record-profit_n_2884366.html

In January 2011 the Fed amended its accounting practices so that it can never become bankrupt. 100% of its losses will get dumped onto the US treasury as well. Losses which will occur on its long bond exit strategy.
http://www.zerohedge.com/article/creative-accounting-makes-fed-insolvency-impossible

Peter Lambert

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 10:49:13 PM

Have you ever wondered how taxes worked back before we had electronic currencies, back when everybody used cash? How could that possibly work? The answer is that taxes do not derive from people using USD, they are derived from people REPORTING their own tax liabilities. People can fill out tax forms for earnings in bitcoins just like the filled out tax forms for earnings in dollars.

Is trash a public service? Seems perfectly reasonable to expect people to pay a company to come take their trash away (at my previous residence I used this setup, my current residence has city-run trash pickup (but you can look at a city as just a company which provides services within a geographical region)).

Is water a public service? I pay the water company, they make water available to me, so no need for taxes.

kik1977

Wherever I may roam

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 11:16:08 PM

Have you ever wondered how taxes worked back before we had electronic currencies, back when everybody used cash? How could that possibly work? The answer is that taxes do not derive from people using USD, they are derived from people REPORTING their own tax liabilities. People can fill out tax forms for earnings in bitcoins just like the filled out tax forms for earnings in dollars.

Is trash a public service? Seems perfectly reasonable to expect people to pay a company to come take their trash away (at my previous residence I used this setup, my current residence has city-run trash pickup (but you can look at a city as just a company which provides services within a geographical region)).

Is water a public service? I pay the water company, they make water available to me, so no need for taxes.

I understand what you mean and I tend to agree in principle. Maybe I didn't explain properly what I meant: what I don't agree with, is hearing people seeing bitcoins as a way not to pay taxes. And they think this is a smart move, not understanding that by not paying taxes, they penalise the honest ones.

I love bitcoins because I can store my money, pay for goods, transfer money to other people WITHOUT making banks reacher (along with other good and ethic reasons), not because by using them I could potentially avoid to pay taxes thus forcing someone else to pay more..

01BTC10
VIP

Merit: 503

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 11:17:31 PM

And you just expect everybody to do what the US government tells them?
Now you can buy pizza using btc, you can exchange btc to USD and etc.
If bitcoin is denied, the only way to use them is to pay to another person (not company, only person).
So bitcoin is going to be like cash now. Do you often use cash?
I use only cash (except for online purchase) but I might be abnormal. I withdraw like 500-1000$ from the ATM at a time so my spending habit stay private.
acoindr
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 12:29:49 AM
Last edit: August 23, 2013, 12:40:47 AM by acoindr

Ok, still you have not replied to my question! I don't understand the assumption taxes=evil ...

It's quite simple. Who do you trust to spend the money in your pocket better, you or the government?

Governments are inefficient. The bigger they are the more inefficient they are. I'll list three quick examples from the top of my head. The DMV. Do you think the DMV could be run more efficiently by government or private companies? I'm not saying private companies should do it, I'm asking about efficiency.

How about FEMA... For Hurricane Katrina FEMA eventually decided to melt thousands of pounds of ice stored at a cost of $12.5 million after trucking it thousands of miles south then back north finding that much wasn't needed.

What about the VA? I'm not a veteran but I've heard terrible things about the service there. Wouldn't more be expected of a First World country that holds the world's reserve currency and a multi-trillion dollar economy?

Another example is the government paying $16 per muffin for conferences.

Last, Detroit has some of the highest property taxes in the country. How are they doing? I could go on and on.

This is what happens when costs are not tied to actual market values and the natural regulators of free market forces. If people are free to pay only for what they deem valuable then those items will be up to scratch or not exist at all.
Carlton Banks
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 12:56:21 AM

Have you ever wondered how taxes worked back before we had people REPORTING their own tax "liabilities"?

The answer is that taxes were derived from people using USD, they were derived from sales taxes only. Direct taxation was CONSTITUTIONALLY FORBIDDEN. For IDEOLOGICAL REASONS. Lord give me strength.

Vires in numeris
Carlton Banks
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 01:01:20 AM

Ok, still you have not replied to my question! I don't understand the assumption taxes=evil ...

It's quite simple. Who do you trust to spend the money in your pocket better, you or the government?

Governments are inefficient. The bigger they are the more inefficient they are. I'll list three quick examples from the top of my head. The DMV. Do you think the DMV could be run more efficiently by government or private companies? I'm not saying private companies should do it, I'm asking about efficiency.

How about FEMA... For Hurricane Katrina FEMA eventually decided to melt thousands of pounds of ice stored at a cost of $12.5 million after trucking it thousands of miles south then back north finding that much wasn't needed.

What about the VA? I'm not a veteran but I've heard terrible things about the service there. Wouldn't more be expected of a First World country that holds the world's reserve currency and a multi-trillion dollar economy?

Another example is the government paying $16 per muffin for conferences.

Last, Detroit has some of the highest property taxes in the country. How are they doing? I could go on and on.

This is what happens when costs are not tied to actual market values and the natural regulators of free market forces. If people are free to pay only for what they deem valuable then those items will be up to scratch or not exist at all.

Simpler version: audit the money. The taxes overwhelmingly get spent on maintaining the national debt. Government BORROWS the part that pays for the public services. They hide all of this skillfully when talking about it, but the overall numbers don't lie.

Vires in numeris
Peter Lambert

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 01:16:13 AM

Have you ever wondered how taxes worked back before we had people REPORTING their own tax "liabilities"?

The answer is that taxes were derived from people using USD, they were derived from sales taxes only. Direct taxation was CONSTITUTIONALLY FORBIDDEN. For IDEOLOGICAL REASONS. Lord give me strength.

Ah, but somebody has to tell the government what amount of sales there were, USD does not report that, the people had to do the reporting. You can report your sales in bitcoin just as easily as you can report your sales in USD (actually bitcoin is even better, since the record is open for everybody to see).

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: