Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:24:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum address with no ether  (Read 210 times)
GrannyC (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 01:38:44 AM

Is it possible to receive tokens on an ethereum wallet that has no ether yet? I think it should be possible as the gas is paid by the sender, but I would like to know if someone is certain.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Sponsoredby15

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 01:42:43 AM

Yes its possible that is a simple question you can receive any kinds of ERC-20 token if you are just qualified for airdrop or bounty participating the bounties to have
The One Who Knocks

Activity: 41
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 01:52:00 AM

Is it possible to receive tokens on an ethereum wallet that has no ether yet? I think it should be possible as the gas is paid by the sender, but I would like to know if someone is certain.
You can mate Smiley You just need to have GAS to send out money out of the wallet. Best of luck in your endeavors Smiley
Fluffinfinity

Activity: 158

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 01:57:00 AM

I have an EtherWallet but I haven't see if it has ether already. I cannot access the website and I'm getting worried. But soon I'll see if there are those I've worked for.

▰▰▰▰▰▰      IMPRESSIO     ▰▰     THE FUTURE OF INVESTING      ▰▰▰▰▰▰
Lightpaper   ▰   ✔ Instant Withdrawals  ✔ Team with a huge experience in the field   ▰   Facebook
Telegram   ███  ✔ 5% Partner Commission  ✔ Automated system for investors   ███   Twitter
@ngelcryptopia

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 02:02:49 AM

You can check your token transaction on https://etherscan.io/
Just key in your ETH wallet address. No log in required.
All ERC20 token transaction for the wallet will be shown here.

The One Who Knocks

Activity: 41
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 08:14:33 PM

I have an EtherWallet but I haven't see if it has ether already. I cannot access the website and I'm getting worried. But soon I'll see if there are those I've worked for.
Did you managed to check the account mate? Like I said, you just need ETH to send out coins from the wallet.
beskid

Activity: 252
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 08:22:22 PM

You can mate Smiley You just need to have GAS to send out money out of the wallet. Best of luck in your endeavors Smiley
Perhaps you are right, but why then many Airdrop & Bounty companies require that the minimum amount of ether be present on the purse account?
ghonkz

Activity: 459
Merit: 117

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 08:30:12 PM
Merited by zenhu (10)

Perhaps you are right, but why then many Airdrop & Bounty companies require that the minimum amount of ether be present on the purse account?
To minimalize airdrop abuse, like someone try to make an alt account so he can claim airdrop more than once with new account and new address with zero transaction. Every ether address can receive token even if that address have no balance so a cheater can create multiple address at metamask or myetherwallet as much as they want.
GrannyC (OP)

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 09:07:57 PM

Yes its possible that is a simple question you can receive any kinds of ERC-20 token if you are just qualified for airdrop or bounty participating the bounties to have

Thanks, I just wanted to make sure because I have created an address just to get bountie and airdrops that is separate from my ether wallets.  I am glad to get a confirmation.
Dfinest

Activity: 461
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 09:10:53 PM

Yes, you can receive tokens without having ETHs on your address/wallet. On the other hand, if you want to send your tokens to...let's say...to an exchange, you'll need some ETH for the transaction.
Nilupulie

Activity: 322
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 09:19:52 PM

Good question and no need to keep any ETH balance to receive ERC20 tokens. But some people really worried about of not having ETH balances and that is not true and they can receive tokens if they qualified for bounty or airdrops. I also got some airdrop token without having any ETH balance. But case will be different if you want to send tokens out to exchanges and you need to have some small ETH balance for that as a transaction fee.
shandiem14

Activity: 350
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 09:31:32 PM

As long as you have Gas you can receive ERC-20 token be sure to keep it safe and don't ever show your private key to everyone or else you'll be hack and when sending token to any exchange you load up your MEW.
99th

Activity: 196
Merit: 22

Las Vegas

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 09:35:16 PM

As long as you have Gas you can receive ERC-20 token be sure to keep it safe and don't ever show your private key to everyone or else you'll be hack and when sending token to any exchange you load up your MEW.

This is incorrect.

You do NOT need to have gas in order to RECEIVE ERC20 tokens - You only need gas to send them from say your MEW to Etherdelta to trade/sell them.

You can apply for airdrops or do bounties and the sender pays for the gas to send you those tokens. This is why airdrops are expensive for the people doing them, especially large scale ones.
joselitobayagbag

Activity: 231

Augmented Reality World Discovered

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 09:39:02 PM

Sending ethereum to another wallet will require you some eth gas but the receiver's wallet doesnt pay for another gas it only means you can receive any amount of ethereum in your wallet without having any ethereum on it.

Lets say you participated a bounty campaign which the manager will send your erc20 tokens they will pay for the gas fee to be able to send it to your MEW wallet,you can receive it without any gas in your wallet but if you are going to send your tokens to an exchange like etherdelta you will need to spent some gas value to be able to send your tokens.

Thadeous
Copper Member

Activity: 588
Merit: 17

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 09:49:43 PM

Sure it's possible, no GAS or GWEI is needed to receive tokens. Just make sure your ETH wallet supports ERC-20.
Don't try to use ETH wallets on exchanges to receive tokens! It will most probably lead to token lost.
The best and easiest web based ETH wallet is https://www.myetherwallet.com
Store your private key safely and remember: Never share your Private Key to anyone!
hdtqisg

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 03:27:48 PM

Yes! You can but you need have ETH to sent token from your wallet!
Some airdrop, You must have ETH in your account to avoid fake accounts
AdamRay

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 03:41:05 PM

I agree with you. To receive the token, it is best to use the MEW wallet because it is handy and extremely secure, especially it accepts to store tokens on the ERC20 platform. Private keys are very important so you can not let anyone know if you do not want hackers to take away all of your assets.

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
GrannyC (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 07:59:30 PM

That is just fine then, I just used a new address with no ether, so I was just wondering, just in case. I am more or less familiar with ethereum but I had not done that yet. Thanks
boyjackyou

Activity: 301
Merit: 11

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 08:06:54 PM

That wond be a problem,yes you can receive tokens on your mew address even if you dont have any ethereum yet,but moving the tokens to the exchanges will require you to have a gas fee which you will acquire when you have ethereum in your wallet,so you need to have atleast .01 ethereum for you to able to trade you tokens in some exchanges.

BillCoin

Activity: 476
Merit: 259

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 08:20:19 PM

It is possible to receive ERC-20 tokens on a wallet that doesn't own any ethers, but you won't be able to send it later, you will need Ethereums to pay for the gas.
I would recommend you to request the guy who sends you the tokens to add a small amount of ether( 1$ should be enough to release the transaction), or if you are withdrawing from the exchange make sure to withdraw ethers as well.
Don't try to avoid paying fees by sending your tokens into exchanges( unless it has a dedicated wallet to the specific token) because you are going to lose the whole balance.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: