Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:43:16 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MULTIMINER PLEASE HELP I AM DESPERATE!!! REWARD INCLUDED TOO!  (Read 2128 times)
kurcina (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 06:36:50 PM

20 fucking hours ago, I fucking downloaded fucking multiminer from its fucking website (ht tp://nwo olls.github.i o/MultiMiner/) and since then I tried to make that fucking thing work, but fucker just doesn't!!! Its been whole day and I haven't slept for a second, barely eating anything...
Long story short:
I've been using GUI miner for a while now with no problems it is working on cgminer and getting nice ~330 KH/s from my 7850s and ~560 from 7950s BUT on this little fucker called multiminer all I can do is 250 KH/s on 7850! Then I took whole cgminer folder from GUI miner and replaced Multimiers cgminer folder with it. Not a single change. Then I renamed that .bat file from GUIminer to .txt and copied stuff from there to multiminer ( --gpu-platform 0 -d 0 -w 256 -v 1 -I 17 -g 1 -l 1  --thread-concurrency 12404 ) AND THAT FUCKER AGAIN FUCKS ME UP BY NOT WORKING!!!!!!!!!!! HERE'S ERROR FILE (that thing that pops up when cgminer stops working)
Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:   APPCRASH
  Application Name:   cgminer.exe
  Application Version:   0.0.0.0
  Application Timestamp:   517d4469
  Fault Module Name:   cgminer.exe
  Fault Module Version:   0.0.0.0
  Fault Module Timestamp:   517d4469
  Exception Code:   c0000005
  Exception Offset:   0000ccea
  OS Version:   6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Locale ID:   11290
  Additional Information 1:   0a9e
  Additional Information 2:   0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3:   0a9e
  Additional Information 4:   0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

how is it possible for 1 miner to fail to start at one miner, but work perfectly good on another?!?!?

Please,anyone, help me, whoever helps me will be rewarded greatly (10-50 LTC, depending on your share in solving problem) and I need to make it work on 7 PCs with 7850 and 7950 (some of them have combined cards).

THANKS!

p.s. sorry for cursing, if it is forbidden, please tell me so, so I can remove all fucks i gave in last 20 hours. I am going to sleep now, be right back in 10 hours, I really hope you guys can save me!
Singlebyte

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 06:45:28 PM

Take a chill pill.........
milone

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

CGWatcher & CGRemote

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2013, 07:38:51 PM

If you'd like to try CGWatcher, I believe it should be able to do whatever other GUIs do and possibly more (I can't say for certain because I haven't used other GUIs). A companion application called CGRemote is also currently in beta that allows remote control of miners (even those without CGWatcher). If you end up using CGWatcher I can help you with setting it up as I have a 7850 and 7950s. It uses cgminer or bfgminer as the others do, so you get the hashing speed plus a ton of features. You'll have to download cgminer or bfgminer separately, then create a profile in CGWatcher pointing to the miner (and config file or arguments you'd like to use) and it's pretty easy to follow from there.

CGWatcher post: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=185553.0

CGWatcher Newbies post: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=159267

CGWatcher download: http://manotechnology.blogspot.com/p/cgwatcher.html

More information on CGRemote: http://manotechnology.blogspot.com/p/cgremote.html

CGWatcher, a GUI/monitor for CGMiner & BFGMiner: http://www.cgwatcher.com
CGRemote, a remote mining dashboard for all of your miners: http://www.minerremote.com
BTC: 12TAYjmSrdDHLNpmix2MG6y3R868SMM7Fx    LTC: LM6Un6hZvPzLBggJWiAVG6E6w2GfaHukXY
Spavvn

Activity: 37

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 09:19:26 PM

This is my new account, apparently, I forgot my login info on kurcina account, so I made new one on my main email...

Thanks for feedback guys, apparently you are not supposed to take more than 4 "chill pills" a day, so I wont take anymore, but nice suggestion there Singlebyte.

milone, I would try it, but main reason I am moving from GUIminer onto multiminer is that multiminer has option to setup pools for many different coins (ones that are on coinchoose) and according to profitability it changes from one to another coin automatically. If CGWatcher has those options, jsut tell me and post your LTC wallet address so I can send you 50 LTC. my setup on GUIminer is:
--gpu-platform 0 -d 0 -w 256 -v 1 -I 17 -g 1 -l 1  --thread-concurrency 12404
and if I copy that to multiminer it just crashes...  Huh
can you post your 7850 setup here so I can test it out? (of course, if it is any different from mine)
P.S. MSI Afterburner says: core clock: 1100 Memory clock: 1300

edit:
*i see your LTC address, no need for reporting it Smiley*
milone

CGWatcher & CGRemote

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2013, 09:47:07 PM
Last edit: August 22, 2013, 10:17:30 PM by milone

Yes, CGWatcher has profitability mining...

http://manotechnology.blogspot.com/2013/07/profitability-mining-in-cgwatcher.html

There have been some changes since I wrote that, and I'm making more improvements at the moment... but that explains how it works. The code I'm working on at the moment is the code that switches profiles when scheduled, so if you experience any problems let me know and they'll be fixed if they aren't already (I've fixed a lot but haven't released yet, a little more to do).

The scheduler in CGWatcher also has a lot of other options as well.

As for my config, my 7850 miner is down at the moment and Teamviewer crashed so I can't get to it (coincidentally, this is why I created an option to start a program in CGWatcher's scheduler that can be triggered (like any other actions) when a program stops running. So I can set it to start Teamviewer whenever Teamviewer stops running. Unfortunately I haven't been able to get to the miner to get this option setup (it's located about 45 minutes from my home). And CGRemote doesn't yet have the option to get configs remotely, although the code is finished I haven't finished the interface.

With all that said, here is my (2) 7950 config. I use this computer daily so I need to maintain usability, which is why I have a low intensity:

Code:
{
"pools" : [
{
"name" : "ltc.kattare.com",
"url" : "ltc.kattare.com:9332",
"user" : "xxxxxx",
"pass" : "xxxxxx",
"pool-priority" : "0"
},
{
"name" : "coinotron.com",
"url" : "coinotron.com:3334",
"user" : "xxxxxx",
"pass" : "xxxxxx",
"pool-priority" : "1"
}
],
"api-allow" : "W:127.0.0.1",
"api-listen" : true,
"api-port" : "4028",
"failover-only" : true,
"scrypt" : true,
"auto-fan" : true,
"auto-gpu" : true,
"gpu-threads" : "2",
"gpu-engine" : "1000,1000",
"gpu-fan" : "0-100,0-100",
"gpu-platform" : "0",
"gpu-memclock" : "1125,1125",
"gpu-powertune" : "0,0",
"intensity" : "13",
"temp-target" : "75",
"temp-overheat" : "81",
"temp-cutoff" : "86",
"temp-hysteresis" : "3",
"vectors" : "2",
"worksize" : "256",
"lookup-gap" : "2",
"shaders" : "1792",
"thread-concurrency" : "8192"
}

If you want that in arguments (CGWatcher has a Config File Editor that can convert a config file to arguments or vice versa):

Code:
--api-allow W:127.0.0.1 --api-listen --api-port 4028 --failover-only --scrypt --auto-fan --auto-gpu --gpu-threads 2 --gpu-engine 1000,1000 --gpu-fan 0-100,0-100 --gpu-platform 0 --gpu-memclock 1125,1125 --gpu-powertune 0,0 --intensity 13 --temp-target 75 --temp-overheat 81 --temp-cutoff 86 --temp-hysteresis 3 --vectors 2 --worksize 256 --lookup-gap 2 --shaders 1792 --thread-concurrency 8192 -o ltc.kattare.com:9332 -u xxxxxx -p xxxxxx -o coinotron.com:3334 -u xxxxxx -p xxxxxx

This config should get you started, then you can tweak it from there. All you'll need to change is "shaders" (I'm not sure how many a 7850 has but I'm sure it's around the Internet somewhere) and pool url/user/password. And -d 0 if you're disabling GPU 0 I'm guessing? Thread-concurrency is something you can adjust once you get it working properly... 8192 is a safe number.

Edit: this is a scrypt config. I think when you asked my ltc address that stick in my head so I assumed you're mining ltc. Let me know if you want sha256.

CGRemote, a remote mining dashboard for all of your miners: http://www.minerremote.com
BTC: 12TAYjmSrdDHLNpmix2MG6y3R868SMM7Fx    LTC: LM6Un6hZvPzLBggJWiAVG6E6w2GfaHukXY
Spavvn

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 11:00:56 AM
Last edit: August 23, 2013, 12:09:16 PM by Spavvn

Thank you for everything, but I still have problems with it...  Undecided
First of all, yes, I am mining scrypts, no need for SHA-254, at least not until my ASIC arrives Cheesy
next is that I am getting only 530 kh/s from 2 7850. and no, i don't wanna use this computer for anything else, I want it to mine at maximum speed, even if that means I cant move my mouse around!
Here is what is troubling me, .bat file that is working perfectly on GUIminer (pics later on) but if I run it on its own, it won't work, and same would happen if I run it in CGWatcher... but if I set it to Low usage on GUIminer, and that code copy to CGWatcher
Code:
--gpu-platform 0 -d 1 -w 256 -v 1 -I 13 -g 2 -l 1  --thread-concurrency 8192

It will work just fine, except for the fact that it wont go past 300 kh/s...
and with this setup i get same kh/s if i run it on its own, or in GUIminer...

How fast do your 7850 go? I've seen people get them to work at 400 kh/s, I lowered clocks a bit now because it is summer and its hot, so they are at 320-330 but last winter i got them to work stable at 350...

If you could help me squeeze out 10% more on that speed, I will call it a success!
Here are the pics: http://imgur.com/QBlWuY2,cjNMhf9,wa6FIvB

P.S. your miner looks pretty nice, few suggestions:
1. If it is not that hard, add www.coinwarz.com/cryptocurrency along with coinchoose.com so people can change between them. Because coinwarz has more coins (Emerald for example, its profitability goes up often, and its not shown on coinchoose anymore)
2. Why can't i enter less than an hour to switch profile? I'd like it to check for most profitable every 5 minutes...
3. It might be good idea to make android app where you could check your work. (And even make it cost few bux, I wouldn't mind)
4. On pools page, make it use primary pool, and automatically change to others if that one isn't working
5. Automatically hide cgminers window, mby there is an option for that, but haven't found it yet...

other than that, I think it has everything it needs...

Edit: I am stupid, you can enter 0,1 hours... nvm 2nd suggestion
Spavvn

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 11:09:17 AM

FUCK YEAH!!!!
ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS ADD THIS CODE TO IT!!!*
Code:
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1

Apparently GUIminer adds it on its own, that is why it worked, and nothing else would. That is a suggestion for your miner as well. And that reminded me of another thing, in settings tab, add something like "Suggested arguments for:" and in drop down menu list 5-10 mostly used GPU's. You will do huuuge favor to all newbies out there!

*So it looks like this:
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
"C:\Users\Spawn\Documents\Litecoin Miner\cgminer\cgminer.exe" --scrypt -u .......
sal002

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2013, 12:14:15 PM

1. If it is not that hard, add www.coinwarz.com/cryptocurrency along with coinchoose.com so people can change between them. Because coinwarz has more coins (Emerald for example, its profitability goes up often, and its not shown on coinchoose anymore)

They may have Emerald (just fixed it on CC), but I have more coins Smiley
Spavvn

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 12:44:32 PM

Yeah, I can see now that you've added it again... Well, nice to meet you sal002, I've been using your website for a while now (yes, coinchoose, not coinwarz, i just found out about coinwarz recently), and I am grateful to you for everything you've done. Great job man!
But that doesn't mean you shouldn't give people choice whether they want to use one or the other... Just sayin'
sal002

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2013, 01:08:15 PM

Yeah, I can see now that you've added it again... Well, nice to meet you sal002, I've been using your website for a while now (yes, coinchoose, not coinwarz, i just found out about coinwarz recently), and I am grateful to you for everything you've done. Great job man!
But that doesn't mean you shouldn't give people choice whether they want to use one or the other... Just sayin'

You should give them a choice, definitely.  Just clarifying that the differences between CoinWarz and CoinChoose is not that CoinWarz has more coins (it has less), but they additional details CoinWarz provides on the coins it has.  There is also dustcoin.com (part of the inspiration for CoinChoose) and wheretomine.com (aggregates CC data with other items).
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2013, 02:42:55 PM

Saw your first sentence.  No fucking way I'm helping you.  I would love to help for free but just seeing your BEAST of a personality really changes my mind.
Spavvn

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 02:50:04 PM

sal002, thanks for clearing that out Smiley

monbux, well, I was kind of pissed of at the moment, but now I solved it myself with assistance from milone, so I don't need help anymore, thanks for stopping by though.
elliwilli

Activity: 307
Merit: 250

et rich or die tryi

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2013, 05:11:43 PM

Perhaps 1. Calm down and 2. Try CGminer, its console based but you get faster hashrates with it especially if its Scrypt currencies and not SHA256

Spavvn

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 05:38:01 PM

elliwilli, I can tell that you are newbie, but read previous messages before posting (its pretty much general rule, not just here) And if you did read them, you would see that I am actually running CGminer, it is just packed with another app that makes my life easier (better interface, easy switching between coins, automatically starting up, etc...) And you also could try CGWatcher, its doing pretty good job!
elliwilli

Activity: 307
Merit: 250

et rich or die tryi

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2013, 05:47:43 PM

elliwilli, I can tell that you are newbie, but read previous messages before posting (its pretty much general rule, not just here) And if you did read them, you would see that I am actually running CGminer, it is just packed with another app that makes my life easier (better interface, easy switching between coins, automatically starting up, etc...) And you also could try CGWatcher, its doing pretty good job!

Sorry for the confusion. i was not talking too you. i ahd read your comments and was talking to OP. Also don't be such a hypocrite "I can tell that you are newbie" You are too so please don't do that it is rude and stupid.

milone

CGWatcher & CGRemote

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2013, 06:20:38 PM
Last edit: August 23, 2013, 06:38:13 PM by milone

P.S. your miner looks pretty nice, few suggestions:
2. Why can't i enter less than an hour to switch profile? I'd like it to check for most profitable every 5 minutes...
3. It might be good idea to make android app where you could check your work. (And even make it cost few bux, I wouldn't mind)
4. On pools page, make it use primary pool, and automatically change to others if that one isn't working
5. Automatically hide cgminers window, mby there is an option for that, but haven't found it yet...

other than that, I think it has everything it needs...

Edit: I am stupid, you can enter 0,1 hours... nvm 2nd suggestion

Thanks, I'm always open to suggestions. I'll number the answers to make it easier...

1. coinwarz, last I checked, did not offer data in json/xml/plain text format, meaning I'd have to scrape the page... something I'd like to avoid because if anything is changed it could potentially cause the scrape to be inaccurate. This is still on the to-do list, as others have requested including trading volumes for each coin. So I'm not ruling out scraping altogether, but I haven't had a chance to look at it yet.

2. As you saw, you can use decimals to set intervals less than one hour.

3. Phone apps have always been on the to-do list, but not until CGRemote is finished. For me personally, I'd rather use my laptop or a desktop if I want to manage all of my miners at once (although that may be because my LG phone is plagued with random crashes), which is why I started working on CGRemote first. I think more often than not, people want to use phones to check that the miners are still working properly... something CGWatcher does for you. With scheduling you can set it up to mine what and when (admittedly there were some scheduling issues in 1.2.8 that are fixed in 1.2.9), so CGRemote is great for managing your miners when you want to do things like:

- creating a new profile and pushing it out to selected miners at once
    - changing configs on selected miners at the same time
    - changing selected miners to mine specific profiles
    - changing selected miners to mine a specific coin at any given time, overriding previously scheduled switching
    - adding scheduled actions to selected miners all at once
    - everything CGWatcher can do, but for all of your miners in one window (or separate windows if you prefer to open the individual miner windows)

These are things you would probably prefer to do on a computer, though don't get me wrong phone apps are on the list of things to do. I just run out of hours in the day.

4. When using the failover strategy in cgminer, it will automatically use the first priority pool and change to a backup pool if the first one is down, and so on until it finds one that works. The Pools tab in CGWatcher just gives you some additional controls and information regarding your pools.

5. There is an option for this in the Settings tab: "Miner window mode". I never did it by default because I was unknown on the forum when I first released CGWatcher and didn't think running the miner hidden was a good strategy when initially trying to gain trust. With the miner hidden, an application could potentially switch pools without it being visible to the user. The user may catch it eventually when they look at their pool stats, but I think leaving this as an option and visible by default is the best way to handle this. Also, miners new to CGWatcher are probably used to looking at cgminer's window to get information quickly... so some may prefer to leave it visible. This is why I added a "Miner View" in CGRemote that displays miner stats in a cgminer-like appearance.

As far as increasing your hashrate...

I don't remember my scrypt speeds for the 7850, I never tried squeezing as many hashes out of it as I could. It is almost always mining bitcoin because desktop interactivity is better, and the computer it's mining on gets used occasionally by someone who isn't me. In fact, this particular miner is the reason I created the big "Pause Mining/Start Mining" button on the Status tab, so they could easily start/stop the miner if they found it was using too much GPU while they were using the computer. I also have a 7870 mining in the same situation at a different house. I'm not the best person to answer questions on tweaking, because my miners are all normal-use desktops so are intentionally turned down. That may sound strange being that I wrote CGWatcher, but it is designed expecting you are configuring the miner yourself rather than doing it for you. Creating a configuration "setup wizard" for beginners has been on the to-do list for a while as well, as well as some other things to help beginners specifically, but I haven't gotten there yet. There are features like Config File Editor that show you all of the available settings and what they mean, and do validation checks to make sure you've entered things in the correct format.

I'd recommend checking:

Litecoin mining hardware comparison (miners post their hashrates and settings) - http://litecoin.info/Mining_Hardware_Comparison

Litecoin forum (if you don't find anything here, you could create a post asking for help with 7850 config and you should get a lot of help)

Consolidated Litecoin Mining Guide for 5xxx, 6xxx, and 7xxx GPUs - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=117221.0

Litecoin Mining subreddit - http://reddit.com/r/litecoinmining (also a good place to ask for help)

Alternate Cryptocurrencies section

EDIT: Also update to the latest version of CGMiner. If you find any older version works better, you can always go back.

tiger129

Activity: 9

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 06:37:53 PM

You're getting ~330 KH/s? That's a horrible rate.
milone

CGWatcher & CGRemote

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2013, 07:58:27 PM

I wouldn't say 330 Kh/s is horrible for a 7850, but it could be better. The highest reported on the wiki is 411 Kh/s.

Also OP, play with intensity as well when tweaking. There is usually a "sweet spot" for a given config. For example, I get better hashrates on by 7950s config with intensity 13 than I do at intensity 15. Obviously you'll want to find the best settings for intensity 19 or 20 since you're not going to be using the computer... just a reminder that intensity is another variable in tweaking and depending on the other settings, higher may not always be better.

I'm not sure what options GUIMiner is adding on its own. This is a situation where having the miner visible would be helpful because you could use cgminer's menu to save the config out to a file so you could see exactly what it is using. Is there an option in GUIMiner to show the miner's window? Or to output exactly what it used to launch the miner?

monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2013, 10:16:56 PM

sal002, thanks for clearing that out Smiley

monbux, well, I was kind of pissed of at the moment, but now I solved it myself with assistance from milone, so I don't need help anymore, thanks for stopping by though.

No matter how pised you were doesn't mean you had to bring the negative effect into Bitcointalk.  Glad you fixed it Smiley
Spavvn

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 03:44:09 PM

elliwilli, If you DID actually read comments, you would see that OP is me, I just lost my login info on that account because I made it on email address that is not mine, so I made this one. But anyways, I saw that you are new to this forum and tried to help you with a suggestion, I just mentioned that you are newbie (which was not said in attempt to offend you, because then I would say "n00b" or something...) to justify your actions. And where did i exactly say that I am not new here?

milone and/or sal002, I was thinking about something really useful for altcoin profitability. Like 7 days average of for how long one coin was most profitable.
Example:
LTC - 30,5 hours - most profitable in last 7 days
FTC - 5 hours
EMD - 78 hours
FST - 0 hours

You get the idea, because average profitability in past 7 days is pretty nice, but just because one coin has 300% avg. doesn't mean that it had ever been most profitable choice to mine. I think it would not be so hard to implement, and really useful for people who wanna start with few coins that have been best lately.

milone, you just got everything covered, I just haven't found out all of the programs possibilities. (Yes, I usually don't read "READ ME!" files Cheesy )
and for hash rate, it is ok now, got them up to 350-360 kh/s (if any1 is wondering how, just tell me so i can post config) and don't wanna OC them much because it is still summer, so when it gets a bit colder, I will try to get those numbers up!

tiger129, thanks for VERY constructive comment, don't bother sharing your experience and helping us out to get more kh/s

milone, yes I found that sweet spot of yours Smiley I was scratching my head when I found out that it is going better on 17 intensity than on 18 or 19

monbux, right, tell that to me 2 days ago when I couldn't even remember email I used...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: