Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 03:58:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Guide to buying bitcoins anonymously?  (Read 14363 times)
Tsukene (OP)

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 06:37:33 PM

Subject says it all. Trying to get a walk-through or a quick explanation on how-to safely buy BTC anonymously. Do you make new  wallet address? If I transfer funds from my bank account to an exchange won't that leave a trail back to me?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful:
34qMeWBdbF47TH65SzWg9iva4M6KvWGPD2
Thanks in advance Smiley
Tsukene (OP)

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 07:05:58 PM

bump

Thanks in advance Smiley
escrow.ms
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 07:15:20 PM

buy with cash or do cash deposit,check localbitcoins.com.
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1137

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2013, 07:20:08 PM

I suggest localbitcoins.com

Just about as anon as you can get.  Face to face, cash for BTC, no information needed.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
Seed

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 09:17:46 PM

Localbitcoins does escrows so it logs the transaction details, so it is not anonymous.

These records must be kept for a long time and will be given up if ever requested by law enforcement or tax authorities. They could even eventually be gagged and not allowed to discuss giving up their records so we wouldn't even know it happened.

That is why I recommend TorATM. Full disclosure, I am apart of the staff of this website but it was built for this exact reason. We wanted to increase anonymous access to bitcoins and allow people without bank accounts to obtain bitcoins. We delete all records after a short waiting period and purge identifiable details immediately.  Our identities are not public knowledge so we cannot be easily subpoenaed.

http://toratm3dhalotm3f.onion/guide
Tsukene (OP)

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 09:24:23 PM

Localbitcoins does escrows so it logs the transaction details, so it is not anonymous.

These records must be kept for a long time and will be given up if ever requested by law enforcement or tax authorities. They could even eventually be gagged and not allowed to discuss giving up their records so we wouldn't even know it happened.

That is why I recommend TorATM. Full disclosure, I am apart of the staff of this website but it was built for this exact reason. We wanted to increase anonymous access to bitcoins and allow people without bank accounts to obtain bitcoins. We delete all records after a short waiting period and purge identifiable details immediately.  Our identities are not public knowledge so we cannot be easily subpoenaed.

http://toratm3dhalotm3f.onion/guide

Do you have any reviews from reputable members? Or has anyone used this service successfully?

Thanks in advance Smiley
escrow.ms
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 10:20:44 PM

Escrow is not necessary for face to face transactions on localbitcoins.com
sayulita

Activity: 881
Merit: 500

CyberTrade

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 05:05:19 PM

Subject says it all. Trying to get a walk-through or a quick explanation on how-to safely buy BTC anonymously. Do you make new  wallet address? If I transfer funds from my bank account to an exchange won't that leave a trail back to me?

Thanks in advance for the help.

The first thing you will need to do though before buying your bitcoins is to choose what type of wallet you want to use. Bitcoin.org has its own wallet which is called Bitcoin-QT. I wouldn't suggest going with this option because the first time you load the client it will require approximately a 24 hour syncing time where the wallet needs to sync up with the entire bitcoin network and essentially download a copy of every transaction that has ever occurred on the network. Its a great wallet, but not very user friendly.

Instead, I would suggest that you look at the wallet offered by Blockchain.info. It is a free wallet, it is web-based which means that you do not need to wait the 24 hour waiting time to sync up with the network. The user interface is much more pleasing to the eye. I use that one and so do most people nowadays. There is lots of info on both these wallets if you just do a quick search around the Reddit forums or the Bitcointalk.org forums.

Once you have your wallet you need to buy the bitcoins.

Bitcoin-Brokers is set up so that you can walk into any major bank in the USA such as Bank of America, Wells Fargo, Chase, PNC, Citibank, Capital One and make a cash deposit into an account.

You do not need an account at the bank. No ID, no sign ups.

Here is a 12,000 view thread discussing the service:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=237164.0

███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                        ▀███████████████████████▀▀▀
       ▄▄██████▀▀▄▄     ▄█▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ██▀ ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄█  ▄▄████▄   ▄▄███████████▀
    ▄▄████▀▀     ██   ▄███▀▀▀▀██ ███▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██   ██▀▄▀██▀▀██     ▄▄████▀███  ███▄██▀
  ▄████▀         ██ ▄██▀█▀ ▄███ ███▄▄▄▄  ██ ▄▄█▀  ▄██  ██ ▄▄█▀   ▄██▄██▀ ▄██  ▄██▄███▄▄▄▄
 ▄███▀           ████▀ ██████▀ ██▀▀▀▀▀  ████▀▀   ▄██  █████▀ █████▀███  ▄██ ▄███▄██▀▀▀▀
████▀           ███▀  ██  ▄██ ██       ████▄    ▄██  ████▄   ▄█▀▀ ██▀  ███▄██▀ ▄██▀
████     ▄▄▄  ▄██▀   ██▄██▀▀ ███████▀  █▀  ▀█▄▄ ██   █▀  ▀█▄▄    ██▀  ███▀▀   ▀████████▀
████▄▄▄███▀ ███▀    ▀▀▀                      ▀▀█▄          ▀▀█▄ ██▀  ▀▀
 ▀█████▀▀ ███▀
.......MMO RPG Futuristic.......
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: