Question: is there any hope for Chinese bitcoiners? e.g. Jihan Cheesy
Yes - 27 (48.2%)
No - 9 (16.1%)
Both - 4 (7.1%)
Not sure - 16 (28.6%)
Total Voters: 56

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why China is always bad news for bitcoin?  (Read 754 times)
Masonwilliam

Activity: 27
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 06:32:39 AM

Because virtual currency has no borders, cross-border payments through virtual currency can avoid foreign exchange controls, and there is a greater need to guard against such anonymous transactions for countries and economies where capital projects are not fully open.so china is always bad news for bitcoin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheGodFather

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 06:34:56 AM

This may sound funny but that is the reality. why?
Though the title says it all, you know China was the once the safe haven for bitcoin and bitcoiners.
Then, China started doing something to hurt the bitcoin and cryptocurrency in-general from banning ICOs to cryptocurrency exchanges and now they are after bitcoin miners, again... What is your thought on this matter? Share with us. thanks Smiley

I think china began to acknowledge that there was indeed power and money from cryptocurrency and they wanted to have a facade that they hate it that they did by banning bitcoin and other cryptocurrency in china. However I believe that they have found something or into something and that they would unleash it once its perfected and it would be rivalling that of bitcoin
Haley craft

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 06:37:47 AM

Because this is a stupid country, this country has a very serious problem of corruption and corruption.
They will not support cryptocurrencies and bitcoins, which would cause most of their assets to go abroad, which would be troublesome for them to run the country. Anyway, shit China.

Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 06:43:13 AM

Though the title says it all, you know China was the once the safe haven for bitcoin and bitcoiners.
Then, China started doing something to hurt the bitcoin and cryptocurrency in-general from banning ICOs to cryptocurrency exchanges and now they are after bitcoin miners, again... What is your thought on this matter? Share with us. thanks Smiley
China was once the safe haven?

Not at any point in which I remember it. Sure it had some big markets and was a large proponent of the network, but it was never anything that was explicitly good. They always had some mining farms in one way or another, some kind of market here and there which generated attention, but it never did anything until they started to do "bad" things.

China is bad news because it shows what a government should be doing about Bitcoin if they were true to their governing ethos, and having a government like that is bad news in general. It's not like they're exceptionally special, really.
metenjean

Activity: 854
Merit: 140

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 06:45:09 AM

China became a superpower country nowadays not by being stupid, they know cryptocurrency can help them gain profits but they also know that they cant control and centralized its assets as more wealhty chinese people started using it to avoid tax, so the first step was to ban bitcoins and other cryptocurrency. That strategy works a bit when bitcoin prices starts to falling in september 2017 if i'm not mistaken, by banning it and lower the price, who can tell if the chinese didnt buy it for themselves at that time.  Grin
Nunoluck

Activity: 452
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 06:48:16 AM

Although China banning ICO but Chinese people can participating in ICO anytime they want. The effect is not for long term , there are other countries that start to embrace cryptocurrency and blockchain technology. I think everything is fine.

nianshaoqingkuang

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 06:51:34 AM

Because bitcoin only makes a small portion of the money rich, and most people are just cannon fodder, the government does not want many people to be able to use cannon fodder
usechain

Activity: 246
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 06:56:43 AM

Roll Eyes
Call it bias or not, it is a fact that China is a communist country. Their government want to control everything, facebook and google is not even allowed in that country, and now bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies as well. They only want things that came from them, and things they can control. They want things that will give them benefit. Bitcoin, miners and crypto industry is a threat to them. Let us hope for our brothers there to remain safe and anonymous while engaging in trading and mining.
Actually, I do not agree with your answer. Now that bitcoin is threatening that country's sovereignty, it is really a fuss. The government is guarding that the current bitter bitcoin is jumping off the floor after its natural collapse, so let it cool down first. I think this time the Chinese government is a rare enlightened person. Ten years ago, the Chinese government indiscriminately cut off the government of the entire game console market and industry in China (which is still a real economy). Instead, the fiery bitcoin is actually not a one-size-fits-all Clarify its status (virtual goods), surgery-like adjustments.
jacquueline

Activity: 11

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 07:00:02 AM

This country is like shit.
They have banned twitter and facebook, which is banned in this country, which they banned means there is a lot of potential and needs to be watched.
criz2fer

Activity: 672
Merit: 127

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 07:08:03 AM

China became a superpower country nowadays not by being stupid, they know cryptocurrency can help them gain profits but they also know that they cant control and centralized its assets as more wealhty chinese people started using it to avoid tax, so the first step was to ban bitcoins and other cryptocurrency. That strategy works a bit when bitcoin prices starts to falling in september 2017 if i'm not mistaken, by banning it and lower the price, who can tell if the chinese didnt buy it for themselves at that time.  Grin
For my point of view, I think there will be something big will happen this first quarter of this year. Like last quarter of 2017, China ban exchangers which provide a deep over the market and skyrockets to by the end of the month of November to $19.9k in the market. With these bad news, manipulation really present in the market which make the softhand withdraw and big investors of bitcoin will enter again which makes the market pump. If you will try to check the marketcap from the daily basis, almost $80 billion dollars increase in the marketcap before China announces a good new from adoptation of credit market by the China Banking Regulatory Commission (CBRC).

buhchain

Activity: 126
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 09:20:30 AM

Because the Chinese government still does not accept bitcoin, it still prohibits bitcoin. Maybe they are afraid they can not control the development of the bitcoin market.
Rappyboy

Activity: 58

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 09:31:23 AM

Because they are so big of a country that every move they take could lead either positive or negative side of the market.
Games.Bitcoin

Activity: 322
Merit: 11

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 09:34:24 AM

It confuses me, because they strive to better their economy, and crypto would do just that... They also invested so much money into BTC... It's unfair how much they can manipulate.

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●    T W I T T E R    ●    T E L E G R A M    ●    M E D I U M    ●
aray80

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 03:56:43 PM

Their government wants to control everything, media social is not even allowed in the country, and now also contains bitcoins and other cryptocurrencies. They just want things that come from them, and things they can control. They want things that will give them an advantage. Bitcoin, miners and the crypto industry are a threat to them...
mindfly09

Activity: 405
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 04:32:08 PM

Call it bias or not, it is a fact that China is a communist country. Their government want to control everything, facebook and google is not even allowed in that country, and now bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies as well. They only want things that came from them, and things they can control. They want things that will give them benefit. Bitcoin, miners and crypto industry is a threat to them. Let us hope for our brothers there to remain safe and anonymous while engaging in trading and mining.
I agree with you, because this is the reason why their government that was they want control the people, especially related to the money they don't want give a chance to earn, because bitcoin will make people to become rich. Maybe if they allowed bitcoin in their country they could not control anything. Or they think bitcoin is a threatening on their country, because theirs a lot of problem facing on their own country.
copoyes

Activity: 602
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 06:25:18 PM

I think it's some kind of strategy
where if it has reached the target to make a news
with over a reason for example banned in its place
so the price goes down
and if the price drops in buy again
continue to make new news again
to rise again and reach the desired target
well I think like that
cryptolerant

Activity: 210

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 06:30:08 PM

I think china began to acknowledge that there was indeed power and money from cryptocurrency and they wanted to have a facade that they hate it that they did by banning bitcoin and other cryptocurrency in china. However I believe that they have found something or into something and that they would unleash it once its perfected and it would be rivalling that of bitcoin

I believe all the news that coming from China is just to manipulate the market. I see different news from China all the time, not all of them negative tough. Some is supporting the bitcoin. I kind of believe that they are just increasing their positing by manipulating market with those news.
Danglen1010

Activity: 230
Merit: 108

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 02:41:23 PM

In my own opinion, China have their own standards, own manipulation on their currency so they do have bad news for bitcoin. But anyway, there are still countries who accepts bitcoin. Don't just focus on one thing. It should be something big for this big currency.
Fundalini

Activity: 644
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 12:16:07 AM

China has always been strict with internet censorship and bitcoin--which runs in the internet-- is not an exception. Perhaps they see the pseudo-anonimity of it as a threat to people's security or even to its own economy. There's a possibility that these news were just a ploy to control the market but imo, this is a genuine effort of their government to cope to the increasing demand for cryptos.
masterchief001

Activity: 585

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 02:06:54 AM

China is also a country with a strong economic development. And this country has a lot of merchants involved in bitcoin. But there is always bad news about bitcoin. But the bitcoin ban has reduced the price of bitcoin in the past. Affect the bitcoin of the world.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: