Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:06:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need 1 BTC loan until end of year  (Read 966 times)
cooldgamer (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

We are the champions of the night

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2013, 10:49:46 PM

Looking for a single Bitcoin loan to get myself started with GPU mining (Litecoins).  Going to be buying a used HD 5850 and a power supply with the money, I already have the computer.  Rate is negotiable, and I do have some physical collateral if you want, but shipping both ways would be pretty expensive, so we can work that out.  Loan will be repaid on or before January 1st, 2014.  Planning to repay with the coins mined, plus some out of pocket money.  I know it's a long time for such a small loan, but I'll be sure to make up for it with a reasonable interest rate.  PM for more info.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Kouye

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 11:24:20 PM

Looking for a single Bitcoin loan to get myself started with GPU mining (Litecoins).  Going to be buying a used HD 5850 and a power supply with the money, I already have the computer.  Rate is negotiable, and I do have some physical collateral if you want, but shipping both ways would be pretty expensive, so we can work that out.  Loan will be repaid on or before January 1st, 2014.  Planning to repay with the coins mined, plus some out of pocket money.  I know it's a long time for such a small loan, but I'll be sure to make up for it with a reasonable interest rate.  PM for more info.

Give details about the collateral, shipping might not be an issue if your neighbour reads this.

[OVER] RIDDLES 2nd edition --- this was claimed. Look out for 3rd edition!
I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.
cooldgamer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2013, 11:29:16 PM

I've got a Numark Mixtrack and a Razer Deathstalker (not the one with the touchscreen), both are in great working condition and could more then make up for the cost of the loan sold on Ebay.  I'd really rather not have to send the keyboard, though, because then I'd have to go back to gaming on the one that came with the computer.

Kouye

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 11:41:19 PM

I've got a Numark Mixtrack and a Razer Deathstalker (not the one with the touchscreen), both are in great working condition and could more then make up for the cost of the loan sold on Ebay.  I'd really rather not have to send the keyboard, though, because then I'd have to go back to gaming on the one that came with the computer.

Nice, you forgot to give the address, in case people nearby could just collect the mixtrack and keyboard before covering the loan, without any mailing fee.

I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.
cooldgamer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2013, 11:53:51 PM

I'm in Holly Springs, NC.  You can PM for address if you're close, but I'd rather not post that here for all to see.

Kouye

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 11:55:48 PM

I'm in Holly Springs, NC.  You can PM for address if you're close, but I'd rather not post that here for all to see.

Unfortunately, that's a bit too far for me, sorry (france here). But you might get lucky, and I wish you so!

cooldgamer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2013, 07:37:19 AM

Bump

KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 08:15:29 PM

Have you thought this through? Have you calculated how much you will mine at this difficulty level with a 5850? Me thinks not.

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
cooldgamer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2013, 08:22:28 PM

Have you thought this through? Have you calculated how much you will mine at this difficulty level with a 5850? Me thinks not.

I did calculate how much I would be making, and that's why I said part of it would be paid back out of pocket.  I know for a fact that I'll be getting some spare money around Christmas, and worst comes to worst I can resell the equipment.

ASIC-K

Activity: 280

Hell?

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 08:23:18 PM

you cant make 100 bucks in the real world? thats not good man.
cooldgamer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2013, 08:27:32 PM

I've seen people asking for a lot smaller loans on here..

DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2013, 08:29:26 PM

You took a loan out for 10 bucks...

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 08:29:52 PM

I did calculate how much I would be making, and that's why I said part of it would be paid back out of pocket.  I know for a fact that I'll be getting some spare money around Christmas, and worst comes to worst I can resell the equipment.

Less than $1 USD per day before any costs.

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
ASIC-K

Activity: 280

Hell?

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 08:31:19 PM

You took a loan out for 10 bucks...

yeah but i repayed it the next day just for trust sake. wtf would i do with 10 bucks?

also, i have a job... lol
cooldgamer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2013, 08:35:35 PM

Less than $1 USD per day before any costs.
I have pretty cheap electricity, and most of the money is going to be coming out of pocket.  I just don't want to lose the coins I could have mined between now and the end of the year by waiting.

C10H15N

Activity: 811
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 08:50:03 PM

Start mining with your existing gaming rig.  Earning it will be better than high risk borrowing.  You won't like the interest.

Only when the tide goes out do you discover who's been swimming naked. -Warren Buffett
cooldgamer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2013, 08:54:18 PM

Start mining with your existing gaming rig.  Earning it will be better than high risk borrowing.  You won't like the interest.
I would, if I knew about Bitcoins back then and didn't get a Nvidia card  Sad

C10H15N

Activity: 811
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 09:08:49 PM

I believe you can still Nvidia GPU mine litecoin.

http://litecoin.info/Mining_Hardware_Comparison

Only when the tide goes out do you discover who's been swimming naked. -Warren Buffett
cooldgamer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2013, 09:11:14 PM

I believe you can still Nvidia GPU mine litecoin.

http://litecoin.info/Mining_Hardware_Comparison

I'm on a GT 520, so I don't think the 20 kh/s would be worth the strain it would put on the card.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: