Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 04:58:49 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The truth about IFC  (Read 1052 times)
Hydroponica (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

fml

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 10:57:03 PM

Ok, so, I posted this in some thread;

Why put time and effort, into a coin that will be dead soon?

In regards to IFC, and, it was deleted, instead of responded too, which pissed me off.

Let me explain something to you IFC supporting retards, who obviously don't have the first clue, about how a crypto network works;

IFC is designed to run out of mine able blocks, very quickly. Once this happens, there will be no worth while incentive, for miners, to continue mining it. If miners are not mining it, there won't be any blocks found. If no blocks are found, there will be no confirmations. If there are no confirmations, there can be no completed transactions. If there are no completed transactions, you can't move your fucking coins, anywhere.
Yes, you'll still get transactions fees, blah, blah, blah. Nobody gives a shit about tiny transaction fees. Most of us, were borned and raised into capitalism, and, we have power bills to pay. 99% of people, will move on to a different coin, that is actually profitable to mine.

This wake up call, has been brought to you today, by the letter, F.

anderl

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 11:04:13 PM

In regards to IFC, and, it was deleted, instead of responded too, which pissed me off.

Let me explain something to you IFC supporting retards, who obviously don't have the first clue, about how a crypto network works;

IFC is designed to run out of mine able blocks, very quickly. Once this happens, there will be no worth while incentive, for miners, to continue mining it. If miners are not mining it, there won't be any blocks found. If no blocks are found, there will be no confirmations. If there are no confirmations, there can be no completed transactions. If there are no completed transactions, you can't move your fucking coins, anywhere.
Yes, you'll still get transactions fees, blah, blah, blah. Nobody gives a shit about tiny transaction fees. Most of us, were borned and raised into capitalism, and, we have power bills to pay. 99% of people, will move on to a different coin, that is actually profitable to mine.

Can you point to where in the code the hard cap is what the lowest possible block reward is. Then do the math to extrapolate when the cap will be reached. It's a long time from now.

Hydroponica (OP)

Activity: 182

fml

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 11:36:03 PM

Can you point to where in the code the hard cap is what the lowest possible block reward is. Then do the math to extrapolate when the cap will be reached. It's a long time from now.

Not that a coin that started with a 524,288 block reward needs to get all the way to zero, before people stop giving a fuck, but, block reward hits "1" after ~20 months from release Roll Eyes

pbassjunk

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 11:45:10 PM

Makes sense enough, so many new coins coming out it there's no incentive to stick around. And the staggering amount of existing coin out there, basically insures that there will never be rarity value.
gnode

Activity: 492
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 11:50:30 PM

Not that a coin that started with a 524,288 block reward needs to get all the way to zero, before people stop giving a fuck, but, block reward hits "1" after ~20 months from release Roll Eyes

Thank you for this insight! Now Hydro get back to work on improving your coins MST and GIL so that the price will go up and I can become a millionaire and retire so that I can get fat just sitting at my computer all day eating donuts and drinking coffee.
digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2013, 01:59:47 AM

Letter F isn't my favorite , but i still like it !

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
altcoinband

Activity: 7

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 02:05:39 AM

There is an IFC clone in the forum Tongue
muddafudda
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1022

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 05:57:07 AM

Truth about mastercoin and Gil. Pump and dumps with 0 services. Cool game bro
minerapia

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 06:45:53 AM

IFC and percentage of coins mined (12 first months)

50,00%
75,00%
87,50%
93,75%
96,88%
98,44%
99,22%
99,61%
99,80%
99,90%
99,95%
99,98%

donations -> btc: 1M6yf45NskQxWXknkMTzQ8o6wShQcSY4EC
                   ltc: LeTpCd6cQL26Q1vjc9kJrTjjFMrPhrpv6j
usahero

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 06:59:50 AM

There is possible raise in fee size.

There is possibility that big holders of IFC will be also miners of it, just to sustain it's value. Even if it would not be profitable to mine by converting the coins into btc, it could turn out profitable for maintaining working&secure network for someone who holds significant percentage of whole supply.

And yeah, just like other coins, this one could die and one day will die. But we have no clue how long it will last. It could be weeks or could be years before it dies. It is up to developers and holders to make it and keep it valuable coin.

Den821

Activity: 207

XDE2, PAYS HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS A WEEK TO PROMOTERS

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 07:32:26 PM

There is possible raise in fee size.

There is possibility that big holders of IFC will be also miners of it, just to sustain it's value. Even if it would not be profitable to mine by converting the coins into btc, it could turn out profitable for maintaining working&secure network for someone who holds significant percentage of whole supply.

And yeah, just like other coins, this one could die and one day will die. But we have no clue how long it will last. It could be weeks or could be years before it dies. It is up to developers and holders to make it and keep it valuable coin.

yeah, nobody knows what will happen, even hydroponica-pessimist
... there are enough possibilities and alternatives (development, hash-power provided by community and big holders etc.)

the fact is, infinitecoin has done very well and ifc is still rising !!

the community have enough ideas, no reason for pessimism!

join our new goup @ infinitecointalk.org

maanto

Activity: 30

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 07:38:41 PM

Nope, can't cash out and pay the power bill with the coins, not worth mining. No one cares about it anymore nothing can save it.
Everyone back to Bitcoin!
saamxx

Activity: 546
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 08:08:34 PM

Start  drinking juice and mineral water, instead smoking hydroponica, Hydroponica Grin Grin Grin Grin

Your brains are quite withered Cool
ahmed_bodi

Activity: 518

Bitrated user: ahmedbodi.

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 08:17:07 PM

For once I agree. Ifc will fall. The only reason ifc is anywhere today is because of the hype of altsavings and the new fontas aka headless

minerapia

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 08:21:46 PM

Something is odd in coin if 50% is mined at first month.

donations -> btc: 1M6yf45NskQxWXknkMTzQ8o6wShQcSY4EC
                   ltc: LeTpCd6cQL26Q1vjc9kJrTjjFMrPhrpv6j
saamxx

Activity: 546
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 08:27:55 PM

For once I agree. Ifc will fall. The only reason ifc is anywhere today is because of the hype of altsavings and the new fontas aka headless

You're naive.No one real Headless exist. believe....
The only thing that exists - that's the plan...))))

Headless, do you want to argue?)))) Grin
ahmed_bodi

Activity: 518

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 09:17:03 AM

well duh why dont u think i called him fontas. theyre only good at hyping stuff

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: