Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Scammed  (Read 249 times)
Pain Packer (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 12:08:05 PM

Are you already scammed? How? Can you share it so people can learn from your experience?

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]              
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬    
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
valnd

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

Until the end of time

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 12:17:31 PM

I was scammed of 5 ETH. I subscribed to an ICO whitelist to join their pre-sale. On the day of the ICO, I received an email from the scammer with a fake contract address. I did not verify, I went ahead to send in the payment and released it was a scam.

So Guys carful when participating in ICO always cross with the support about their contract address
Always cross the sender of the mail.
Brynjar

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 12:29:14 PM

if you are having problems with the qt of a small cap coin, never EVER, send wallet.dat to someone impersonating a team member.
I have not sent wallet.dat to anyone, but I have been approach by such scammers, when asking for bootstrap/ inquiries about chain.
Lm2e4

Activity: 248
Merit: 100

https://exclusiveplatform.com/

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 12:59:57 PM

Are you already scammed? How? Can you share it so people can learn from your experience?

I haven't experience being scammed, but I already participated in an ICO where I still don't have any idea if it succeeds or not. Yes thay gave us payment, but months passed already, still without a value. Actually, it was my first campaign!! What a bad start!  Cheesy
I realized I've wasted much of my time on that worthless campaign, so we all must be carefull on choosing one, not only on bitcointalk campaigns but on everything related to it. It was a lesson, such a great lesson and still I don't regret it a lot!  Grin
zzzatochi

Activity: 29

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 01:02:02 PM

i was fished when using myetherwallet, so always double check the url!
Tomohisa

Activity: 360

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 01:24:00 PM

I never got scam because I only trust myself, either they send first or thru escrow or shoo.
imjustp

Activity: 256
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2018, 01:27:07 PM

I was scammed of 5 ETH. I subscribed to an ICO whitelist to join their pre-sale. On the day of the ICO, I received an email from the scammer with a fake contract address. I did not verify, I went ahead to send in the payment and released it was a scam.

So Guys carful when participating in ICO always cross with the support about their contract address

That really sucks man! The amount of scams happening needs to be addressed but the community. Can you tell us which ICO it was? Obviously education about what to look out for is pivotal upon entry to this industry! Always best to only get the address from the source of the ICO.
skelethon

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2018, 01:28:15 PM

Ouch, that's unfortunate.

Goes to show you can never be too careful, gotta double check everything.
MarioLuck990

Activity: 157

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 01:52:57 PM

lol , people who think have been scammd probably are the same people who ignore all the red flags and were shouting TO THE MOON etc.
The same thing happen with bitcoin now, people still investing to this empty worthless token because everybody will be millionaire thinks.
If you don't understand where you put your money , you are not an investor and you haven't been scammed if they get your money and run away, like bitconnect did.
I have never been a victim of scam because I invest to only serious projects, not to empty tokens like bitcoin etc.
Crypto community has to grow up and learn, if you are looking for fast easy profit and you are a lazy ass, then you will loose your money one day
Dextroboy

Activity: 658
Merit: 101

Borderless Mobile Finance Marketplace

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 01:53:13 PM

I used to get scammed
one of them from the cryptodouble site, but it's been a long time ago
I was first exposed to a scam until now

fanbeila

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 01:54:15 PM

Yes,i was scammed two years ago.I was actually my mistake to go forward without an escrow.I wished to buy a digital product from a forum member and he was a senior member.So,i trusted him and he promised to send me that product as soon as he receives btc in his wallet.I sent 0.03 btc at first.Immediately after receiving the btc,he just went offline.We could now see how much the value of 0.03 btc has increased today.So,never do a trade without an escrow.

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
     ▀▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
  ▄  ▄▀▀           ▀▀  ▀▄
 ▄▀ █      ▐█ █▌      █ ▀▄
▄█ █     ▄███████▄     █ █▄
█ ▄▀    ██▀▐█ █▌▀██     █ █
█ █     ██ ▐█ █▌ ██     █ █
█ ▀▄    ██▄▐█ █▌███    ▄▀ █
▀█ █     ▀████████▄    █ █▀
 ▀▄ ▀      ▐█ █▌ ▀█▌  █ ▄▀
  ▀▄  ▀▄           ▄▄▀  ▀
    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄▄
       ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
      █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
▄▄▄▀▀▀█   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   █
█     █ ▄▀      ▀▄ █
 █  ▄██ █        █ █
 █  █ █ █        ▀ █
  █ █ █ █ ▄█▄█▄  ▀ █
  █  ██ █  █▄▄█▄ █ █
   █ ██ ▄ ▄█▄▄▄█ █ █
   █  █ ▄  ▀ ▀   █ █
    █ █ █        █ █
    █ █ ▀▄      ▄▀ █
     ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   █
      █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
.PLATINUM  STABLECOINS
..USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ...

─────────────────────────
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█     ████     █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
...FACEBOOK... .....TWITTER..... ...TELEGRAM...
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
AstaYuno

Activity: 98

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2018, 01:57:14 PM

usually people are scammed by phished email, your email was out their on the internet through sites you've been like airdrop registrations.
Which is its better to separate your crypto email to your personal one.
Dydot

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 01:58:44 PM

I always advice people to go directly to ICO contribution page through the project website. I don't like following links from my email.

Shaofalova

Activity: 119

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2018, 02:01:33 PM

I'm not sure, but maybe scammed with one bounty project. It's not listed on exchages but promised to list in 5 exchanges. Hope I'm not scammed 🙏 it's not big money, but it is my time that I spent to project.

fabskie21

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 02:20:21 PM

I always advice people to go directly to ICO contribution page through the project website. I don't like following links from my email.
Your definitely right. This is the best way to avoid being scammed through phishing links and fake addresses found in emails. We should always take precautions for this crime is very common nowadays.
SheepSuit

Activity: 140

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 02:22:42 PM

Yes I have also invested in a scam ICO in the past. Can only blame myself for not doing the research.

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 02:30:16 PM

I would say almost everyone on here has been scammed at some point in some way. Whether it's by directly investing in a scam or by investing on the base of false promises or being scammed by an exchange. Many here have had their issues.
fileo

Activity: 658

Rangers Protocol

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 02:38:38 PM

This Will serve as lesson to all communities. Email from others looks like the same but actually there are numbers or letters that not accurate. Entering to it you lose everything. I did not experienced being scammed but I'd experienced to enter my address that looks like but I didn't notice it was counterfeit. Everything I had end to nothing. Until now I'm in the moment of moving on. BE CAREFUL GUYS.

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                    R A N G E R S                    |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram    |                    ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                    |    Gitbook    |
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████
saint_casanova

Activity: 234

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 02:48:40 PM

Almost click in one of fishing for my prv key of MEW on telegram group.
GeorgeEden

Activity: 126

Patience and knowledge are gold.

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 02:53:37 PM

I haven't experience being scammed, but I already participated in an ICO where I still don't have any idea if it succeeds or not. Yes thay gave us payment, but months passed already, still without a value. Actually, it was my first campaign!! What a bad start!  Cheesy
I realized I've wasted much of my time on that worthless campaign, so we all must be carefull on choosing one, not only on bitcointalk campaigns but on everything related to it. It was a lesson, such a great lesson and still I don't regret it a lot!  Grin

hahaha. Btw can i ask you something? Tongue So you get your tokens..and also if even you join the whitelist and nothing happens what can you do with those tokens? nothing at all? imean every ico when it starts you can sell them bakc i think?or not?

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DIW ◈    DIWtoken.com    ▐   WHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAM   ▌    SECURITY DECENTRALIZED
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: