Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 08:04:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How I handle crypto regret  (Read 3411 times)
dab000

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 01:01:47 PM

I just accept that it was my mistake. I try to learn from it and move on, and next time I would compensate that loss.
Ewox

Activity: 812
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 01:23:43 PM

Yes it is true, and people always get that feeling of regret especially if they have the money to supposedly budget for that certain coin and this greediness feeling always want to buy a coin at a very low price because the lower you get the greater profits you will receive once that coin increases. It is always also about being greedy when it comes to financial situations such as trading. I always regret if I had not buy a coin I was rooting for and the next time I checked it had already skyrocketed but I always brush off the feeling right away and move on.
drudgecare4

Activity: 31

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 01:06:08 AM

Just look at me. I don't regret for having not bought any btcs this year evenn I am happy that my predictions were right
myworkstrade

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 03:43:22 AM

Just walk away pack your bags and ready to go to the nature. You need to reset your mindset and focus or do the purge what happen make sure you gonna learn something new about that. Fomo is really hard to forget but its a lesson or learnings that we must overcome to be a better trader someday. People feel this so many times especially when they study research hard to the coin that they want to hold for longterm then accidentally they sell it early because of some reason that they don't understand or something like a fake sell or fake downtrend then next day it went up and to the moon, and that feeling of so potato. So refocus good luck to you trading career.

K O N I O S        |│        The World's Most Secure Cash & Crypto Platform
[   PRE-ICO  |  LIVE   ]    [ AIRDROP | LIVE ]    [    ICO  |  May 1st    ]
WHITEPAPER             TWITTER             TELEGRAM             ANN THREAD

Ninellechka

Activity: 332

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 04:39:06 AM

This market is very specific. You can't control amd predict everything. There'll always be missed opportunities, lost trades, denied profit. This is a part of crypto trading and you should treat it normally, should accept it.

Mero Currency, The First Low Burn-Rate Deflationary Token
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 08:28:28 PM

I just accept that it was my mistake. I try to learn from it and move on, and next time I would compensate that loss.
Learning from your mistakes and moving on is a good thing, however to try to compensate for your losses it is not, you must treat each trade as an individual thing if you lose a trade you cannot try to make up with the next trade because if you do that you could try to enter in the market at the wrong time or you may try to hold for too long instead of concentrating on making the best trade possible.
yesss

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 10:59:27 PM

Regret is an inevitable state of mind in crypto at one point or another:-

why didn't I buy that coin when it was $0.50?
why did I sell this coin early?
why didn't I take profits on the way up, only to see the value fall 50% in a market crash? (a lot of us in the last crash!)
why didn't I buy the dip?
why did I FOMO and buy at the ATH and now I'm holding an unrealised loss?
why didn't I buy more of this coin?
We're all going to make "mistakes" that lead to a feeling of regret and self-admonishment.

I have a couple of strategies here to help me dampen the feeling of regret.

1. I have to realise that regret is largely based on a "maximalist"/perfectionist mindset, which is both unrealistic and unhealthy. We are attached to the notion of maximising profits. But what would that involve? It would involve being the perfect, machine-like investor. Always buying low, selling at an ATH, taking profits at the perfect time. It's an impossible standard to live up to.

If I make a profit, I compare my profits to the stock market. If you do THAT, realise you're likely "killing it" even with a "modest" 100% gain (it's ridiculous even to put "modest" here). If you can make a 10% gain a YEAR in the stock market, that's considered a success.

Also realise that the maximalist attitude is largely shaped around only hearing one side of the story of other people's trades. People boast when they're winning, and they're quiet when they're losing. Therefore, you can start to think that everyone's doing incredibly well.

2. I can only compare myself to the other me who didn't get into cryptos at all. That's your baseline to compare to. There really is no other baseline. It's damaging and outright delusional to compare yourself to the "perfect you" that always bought at the exact bottom and sold at the exact top. That you does not exist. It's a damaging fantasy that always leads to you beating yourself up about not making the most optimal decision at each and every turn. Cryptos can quickly lose its fun if you think along those lines.

Are you in profit (as in cashed out your initial investment + profits in fiat)? Then you're winning - you're doing better than the other you that didn't bother with cryptos. Congratulations. You should extinguish any regret, and actually feel contentment at your achievement. Forget the "what ifs?" - you made a decision that has made you better off financially and you've learned a fair amount along the way.

Are you holding an unrealised loss? Then know that it's unrealised and while that can be stressful, you're doing well to hold on and you can be proud that you haven't sold yet. It won't fix the regret so easily, but you have the hope your unrealised loss can turn into a realised profit.

Are you actually making a realised loss in cryptos? Of course, this is the hardest situation of all. All you can do is see it as a lesson you paid for. Nothing is without value, and you will have learned something along the way. You gave something a try, and financially it didn't work out. You may not be out of the game, so you could be in profit in a few days or weeks' time. Or maybe you've just had enough. Fair play. Know that you're actually in a big group of people. Lots of people have faced your situation and come out the other side OK. I lost a fair amount of money in Forex a few years ago. I felt crap for a while, then I stopped feeling crap. Luckily, life moves on. Actually, without that experience with Forex, I doubt I would have found any interest in cryptos - and I have profited from cryptos much more than my Forex losses - so there is that. Plus, cryptos are a LOT more fun than Forex.

I know that everything above is purely based on financial regret, and the counterargument is that "there's more to cryptos than just making a profit" - but when it comes to regret, it's almost always about money.
I think you do not have too much regret in every transaction, you can see that the market is constantly changing and difficult to predict, so the failure of trading is very easy to understand. You still have a lot of opportunities to earn money in this market so there is no regret. Walls are so uptrend it is easy to trade successfully, or plan to invest and comply with it.
xclusiveguy

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 03:02:49 AM

The best thing is to just try to move on
Ulfatron

Activity: 77

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2018, 07:08:39 AM

Some good advice here. The problem is that it is easier sad than done to distance one self from one´s feelings.
The best trader in the end is the one who can handle losses well. (Not me...)
djsugar

Activity: 686
Merit: 262

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 07:27:22 AM

To be honest the regret can get really bad at times, especially in a market like this where everything is green and that too in a huge factor. My mood obviously goes off and I lose interest in every other worldly activity.

But since this has been happening for years now, I have become accustomed to it. The regret will eventually fade away when a coin that I am holding increases in its value. It is normal nature to feel bad over FOMO, but time definitely is the best healer.
LuffyD.Monkey

Activity: 336
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 09:09:24 AM

That's life, it's completely normal and you should know what is a good investment which btc isn't that known and trusted in that days around 0.5 usd.
Bitcoin is the best investment so far. It is the only crypto currency rather the only asset on the face of earth which is capable of making mediocre millionaire in easiest and simplest way without keeping them wait for their whole lives. Due to the volatility of digital assets, it is difficult to handle them but if a novice just hold his coin and notices the market changes for some month, he won’t face any problem in handling any digital asset.
oxygensignature0

Activity: 67

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 04:46:00 AM

Better to regret once and learn lessons than not to regret once and keep regretting for the life time in this system
BitcoinCommodor

Activity: 504
Merit: 106

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 07:00:21 AM

This market is very specific. You can't control amd predict everything. There'll always be missed opportunities, lost trades, denied profit. This is a part of crypto trading and you should treat it normally, should accept it.
Even if it was some other business, it is not possible for any trader to not come across failure in his career. This is how a person gets the details of any market. Without screwing up, it is impossible to gain knowledge and experience. Patience also grows this way. Besides, crypto market is the most volatile one so tackling it is absolutely a difficult task to do but the most beneficial too.
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 06:31:14 PM

Yes it is true, and people always get that feeling of regret especially if they have the money to supposedly budget for that certain coin and this greediness feeling always want to buy a coin at a very low price because the lower you get the greater profits you will receive once that coin increases. It is always also about being greedy when it comes to financial situations such as trading. I always regret if I had not buy a coin I was rooting for and the next time I checked it had already skyrocketed but I always brush off the feeling right away and move on.
Rather than the feel of regret, is it not better to just accept their fate and learn from their mistakes ?
The reason why so many people do not learn is because they always feel they are right, regret and push blame on things that they could have easily averted and rather than pushing that blame on themselves to know where they went wrong, they would not. Regret will never help in anyway, and if it is all about regret, a lot of us would have actually had a huge share of it, but always learn from whatever has been done and move on.
saberibm3

Activity: 55

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 03:43:39 PM

Whatever you do the price, since its not stable cause you regretions. For example you see high dip when you bought some btcs and find they fall even deeper
boatswaincreditE

Activity: 72

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 10:01:45 PM

So kind of you to share your artifacts. I can link up some of my situations to your sufferings
Distinctin

Activity: 2814
Merit: 646

No dream is too big and no dreamer is too small

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 04:37:17 AM

Better to regret once and learn lessons than not to regret once and keep regretting for the life time in this system
There is a big opportunity here in crypto so we have to be positive.
Accept our loses as part of the game, we need to correct our mistakes because we have chance to grow here, trading is not gambling
where no matter what we do we will lose in the end, be positive and always be smart to learn how to improve.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
MainIbem

Activity: 1358
Merit: 390

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 04:54:56 AM

Any time such regrets come up to me, I just kill it with the age old idiom "don't cry over spilled milk ".

There is actually nothing you can do. Rather I learn from the experience and try to use it to advantage if another opportunity comes my way.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

Reid

Activity: 2884
Merit: 642

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 05:25:31 AM

Any time such regrets come up to me, I just kill it with the age old idiom "don't cry over spilled milk ".

There is actually nothing you can do. Rather I learn from the experience and try to use it to advantage if another opportunity comes my way.

Yes that is correct.
Just forget about it. Do not try to clean up the mess you have done or else you are going to create a lot more.

It is actually easy to forget it. Do not leave any residue of the token. Sell everything, I mean everything. So that you wont have to check it over and over again.
Regret will be there but somehow it will fade.
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 08:23:21 PM

Some good advice here. The problem is that it is easier sad than done to distance one self from one´s feelings.
The best trader in the end is the one who can handle losses well. (Not me...)
If you have experimented loss in your life then you will know that getting over it is never an easy thing, so you need to find ways to deal with that and the only thing to deal with it is to accept from the very beginning that trading and investing are activities that are very risky and that do not guarantee any profits, once you accept that overcoming your feelings when you lose becomes easier.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: