Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:21:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How I handle crypto regret  (Read 3407 times)
naidray
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 05:37:37 PM

To be honest the regret can get really bad at times, especially in a market like this where everything is green and that too in a huge factor. My mood obviously goes off and I lose interest in every other worldly activity.

But since this has been happening for years now, I have become accustomed to it. The regret will eventually fade away when a coin that I am holding increases in its value. It is normal nature to feel bad over FOMO, but time definitely is the best healer.
Time is the best healer but you are always your own best healer. The thing is rather than having feelings of regret, it is a market and you should always understand the volatility of every market which obviously no one can change at all. However, it is better to learn how to either make things better or rather look away when you know the future is always going to be bright anyway.

This is one thing I have always learned how to do and I have never had any issue doing at all. As long as you are ready to learn from any past mistake, the feeling of regret is the last thing you will ever have.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tambok

Activity: 812
Merit: 260

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 06:09:06 PM

To be honest the regret can get really bad at times, especially in a market like this where everything is green and that too in a huge factor. My mood obviously goes off and I lose interest in every other worldly activity.

But since this has been happening for years now, I have become accustomed to it. The regret will eventually fade away when a coin that I am holding increases in its value. It is normal nature to feel bad over FOMO, but time definitely is the best healer.
Time is the best healer but you are always your own best healer. The thing is rather than having feelings of regret, it is a market and you should always understand the volatility of every market which obviously no one can change at all. However, it is better to learn how to either make things better or rather look away when you know the future is always going to be bright anyway.

This is one thing I have always learned how to do and I have never had any issue doing at all. As long as you are ready to learn from any past mistake, the feeling of regret is the last thing you will ever have.
You are right, if we are going to be affected with our wrong decisions in trading or in crypto related then there is nothing we can do then, that is why we should learn how to handle those negative things that we had, learn to forget and learn from your mistakes and don't think of it all over again.
Oceat

Activity: 2506
Merit: 368

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 07:05:38 PM

You are right, if we are going to be affected with our wrong decisions in trading or in crypto related then there is nothing we can do then, that is why we should learn how to handle those negative things that we had, learn to forget and learn from your mistakes and don't think of it all over again.
Everything will be coming back so you don't have to worry if you missed it out but instead proceed and moved on. Everyone is making a mistakes and what matters is that you learn from all of your mistake or else it will repeat once again if you don't learn from it. Nobody is perfect and we all made mistakes that's why we become wiser next time when we learn from it. Be grateful that you can still trade again while learning.

MintCondition
Legendary

Activity: 1147
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 07:32:12 PM

It will only be temporary since we will aim to improve by the time we make it, always aim to make trading better, things may not goes the way we wanted it to be but when did it on time and properly it will be fine then.

FiveReelsTwo

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 08:07:30 PM

Regret is an inevitable state of mind in crypto at one point or another:-

why didn't I buy that coin when it was $0.50?
why did I sell this coin early?
why didn't I take profits on the way up, only to see the value fall 50% in a market crash? (a lot of us in the last crash!)
why didn't I buy the dip?
why did I FOMO and buy at the ATH and now I'm holding an unrealised loss?
why didn't I buy more of this coin?
We're all going to make "mistakes" that lead to a feeling of regret and self-admonishment.

I have a couple of strategies here to help me dampen the feeling of regret.

1. I have to realise that regret is largely based on a "maximalist"/perfectionist mindset, which is both unrealistic and unhealthy. We are attached to the notion of maximising profits. But what would that involve? It would involve being the perfect, machine-like investor. Always buying low, selling at an ATH, taking profits at the perfect time. It's an impossible standard to live up to.

If I make a profit, I compare my profits to the stock market. If you do THAT, realise you're likely "killing it" even with a "modest" 100% gain (it's ridiculous even to put "modest" here). If you can make a 10% gain a YEAR in the stock market, that's considered a success.

Also realise that the maximalist attitude is largely shaped around only hearing one side of the story of other people's trades. People boast when they're winning, and they're quiet when they're losing. Therefore, you can start to think that everyone's doing incredibly well.

2. I can only compare myself to the other me who didn't get into cryptos at all. That's your baseline to compare to. There really is no other baseline. It's damaging and outright delusional to compare yourself to the "perfect you" that always bought at the exact bottom and sold at the exact top. That you does not exist. It's a damaging fantasy that always leads to you beating yourself up about not making the most optimal decision at each and every turn. Cryptos can quickly lose its fun if you think along those lines.

Are you in profit (as in cashed out your initial investment + profits in fiat)? Then you're winning - you're doing better than the other you that didn't bother with cryptos. Congratulations. You should extinguish any regret, and actually feel contentment at your achievement. Forget the "what ifs?" - you made a decision that has made you better off financially and you've learned a fair amount along the way.

Are you holding an unrealised loss? Then know that it's unrealised and while that can be stressful, you're doing well to hold on and you can be proud that you haven't sold yet. It won't fix the regret so easily, but you have the hope your unrealised loss can turn into a realised profit.

Are you actually making a realised loss in cryptos? Of course, this is the hardest situation of all. All you can do is see it as a lesson you paid for. Nothing is without value, and you will have learned something along the way. You gave something a try, and financially it didn't work out. You may not be out of the game, so you could be in profit in a few days or weeks' time. Or maybe you've just had enough. Fair play. Know that you're actually in a big group of people. Lots of people have faced your situation and come out the other side OK. I lost a fair amount of money in Forex a few years ago. I felt crap for a while, then I stopped feeling crap. Luckily, life moves on. Actually, without that experience with Forex, I doubt I would have found any interest in cryptos - and I have profited from cryptos much more than my Forex losses - so there is that. Plus, cryptos are a LOT more fun than Forex.

I know that everything above is purely based on financial regret, and the counterargument is that "there's more to cryptos than just making a profit" - but when it comes to regret, it's almost always about money.
I just learn from my previous experience, "Never Panic' Patience is a virtue, there are still some pretty great things that require time to come and in order to get those things, Time is required, Being patient can do some real negative things to you, and your life.

ivankoh

Activity: 1428
Merit: 120

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 09:43:10 PM

Financial investment, you should identify the risk that can come to your property at any time and invest the same cryptocurrency. For failures in the crypto market I think the best way is to learn from each failure and continue to research to be able to start over with other projects, that's the way to get you to succeed in the next trade instead of grieving what has happened.

Rosa Paula

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 10:09:35 PM

I think allot of this for me stems from a fear of lacking out on a as soon as in a life-time possibility. i'm apart of the much less than 1% of the arena crypto area. the amount of ability cash that may be made is unthinkable but i continuously reflect onconsideration on it and what i'm able to do to make it conceivable. I do not want to be that guy in 5 years who become aside of the crypto revolution but ended up with nothing. With a concept process like this i discover regret and doubt to be constantly plaguing my thoughts.
Hamphser

Activity: 2478
Merit: 325

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 10:37:04 PM

It will only be temporary since we will aim to improve by the time we make it, always aim to make trading better, things may not goes the way we wanted it to be but when did it on time and properly it will be fine then.
If people do have this kind of mentality then we would really able to improve ourselves in no time.Accepting mistakes and do learn from it will really enhance our trading or investing skills.We should think up that mistakes is inevitable but we should really make it lesser as the time goes by for you to be profitable on any thing you do engage on.I experienced how many times on doing things which did really give me biggest regret ex. when i see a coin being pumped up and earning potentially thousands of dollars but yet i didnt sell out because i do believe it would pump even more and i had missed that chance to secure out and the dump caught me and leaving me regretting.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Finestream

Activity: 3024
Merit: 604

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 11:28:25 PM

Financial investment, you should identify the risk that can come to your property at any time and invest the same cryptocurrency. For failures in the crypto market I think the best way is to learn from each failure and continue to research to be able to start over with other projects, that's the way to get you to succeed in the next trade instead of grieving what has happened.
Right.Don't keep on dwelling on the past because it will lead you to a destruction.Move forward and focus on your goal.Those bad experiences you had will make you to be a better trader in the future.You will develop your own skills and talents and eventually,success will come easily for you.

ariyzt

Activity: 602
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2018, 01:52:59 AM

just forget what u regret
and continue ur life
keep dreaming is what i do when i feel regret something that i decided before
and always keep in mind if crypto will give u another chance at the right time
Julunguul

Activity: 473
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2018, 02:22:25 AM

we are trading and make decision of buy and sell at the price we are making for, pick those decision and never look back.
regret will never turn your money to lambo, just be grateful for the profit on us, it was just our proportion.

make it as learning to ourself to be better when doing it. i know it was so hard to buy on the dip and sell on ATH
Arwinkim

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2018, 03:39:30 AM

Regret is an inevitable state of mind in crypto at one point or another:-

why didn't I buy that coin when it was $0.50?
why did I sell this coin early?
why didn't I take profits on the way up, only to see the value fall 50% in a market crash? (a lot of us in the last crash!)
why didn't I buy the dip?
why did I FOMO and buy at the ATH and now I'm holding an unrealised loss?
why didn't I buy more of this coin?
We're all going to make "mistakes" that lead to a feeling of regret and self-admonishment.

I have a couple of strategies here to help me dampen the feeling of regret.

1. I have to realise that regret is largely based on a "maximalist"/perfectionist mindset, which is both unrealistic and unhealthy. We are attached to the notion of maximising profits. But what would that involve? It would involve being the perfect, machine-like investor. Always buying low, selling at an ATH, taking profits at the perfect time. It's an impossible standard to live up to.

Very well worded thread, mate! Love it! The real problem here is actually we can't handle our emotion when we get losses. We only want our trading profit works perfectly based on our calculation and mindset. My suggestion, just keep calm. Crypto is not something can die instantly as long as it still has a value. There is still demand for it if business that runs it still lives there make money for us.
Caladonian

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 05:09:42 AM

In terms of regret we must face it, we won't be able to properly move forward if we always live with those regrets, we are still in young age of crypto
so a lots of possibilities that will happen, take that mistake to another level, challenge yourself and focus for your future goal, invest whenever you have
some extra earnings, learn to wait and always take a bunch of learning in order to know the timings.
feelideb

Activity: 770
Merit: 101

fLibero.financial

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 05:40:31 AM

I found the op perspective refreshing. In addition to all that has been said, I leave by the maxim that says ant profit is a profit, it doesn't matter how small it is if you are in profit , you have gain something and you should be happy and proud of your accomplishment.

bitcoin.beda

Activity: 770
Merit: 11

quarkchain.io

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 06:08:00 AM

Every trader experience all of that, you cannot perfectly execute or maximize all of the trades, as no one predicts the future, do not be to sad as you lose focus on your next trade. Always be happy on the profits we earned and move on the next trade. Just be focused and always use your mind, not your emotions in making trades.

quarkchain.io
traderethereum

Activity: 2870
Merit: 574

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2018, 06:25:40 AM

then we don't have to feel regret because of our decision because at least when we make a decision, we think first how it will give an impact to us, what will happen later. so if we are made a decision and somehow it does not work as we want, then we don't have too long to feel regret. it's fine to feel regret but if we cannot stand up again then we are going to waste our time to feel regret without trying to solve the problem. just accept that we are a loss, we are making a mistake and then keep continue what you did before and try to analyze everything you did before and try to make another plan and make sure that you follow every step in your plan.
jlong187

Activity: 255

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 06:40:42 AM

When I have just started crypto I from beginning have prepared myself to that feeling, lol. If you are ready to that, you wont regret a lot.
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 03:58:06 PM

I just accept that it was my mistake. I try to learn from it and move on, and next time I would compensate that loss.
That is always the best way to handle anything as that would make you better than you did it before. Mistakes are always bound to happen and there is absolutely no one who is above it, but to learn from such mistakes is what would make you more experienced at making certain decisions next time.

Regrets they say are for losers and what is the point regretting when you cannot change the hands of time or what has been done ? As long as you pick up from where you left and learn how to go about it better, you will end up fine.

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Kupid002

Activity: 1036
Merit: 329

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 04:44:08 PM

I found the op perspective refreshing. In addition to all that has been said, I leave by the maxim that says ant profit is a profit, it doesn't matter how small it is if you are in profit , you have gain something and you should be happy and proud of your accomplishment.
This is where you excel for when you are contented to be happy on what you have gain for and be proud just make sure you do some improvement for this to be.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
██████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
.Defi for You.
defi.com.vn

Learn how to become your own bank and
implement a private investment strategy

▄▄                    ▄▄
█      Pawn | Sell     
           Services
      Buy   | Rent
     █
  ▀▀                    ▀▀

farwellbit

Activity: 287
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 09:40:31 AM

Any time such regrets come up to me, I just kill it with the age old idiom "don't cry over spilled milk ".

There is actually nothing you can do. Rather I learn from the experience and try to use it to advantage if another opportunity comes my way.
That’s nice. Definitely, soothing oneself during hard times is not that many of us can do. It needs some determination and strong willpower and this should be the way to live a life. Obviously, it is not possible for time to remain the same. A flowing river is full of changes. Besides, dwelling into the past means losing more time means losing opportunity for building future.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: