Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:51:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How I handle crypto regret  (Read 3407 times)
shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 03:26:25 AM

When you decide, you should make sure your decision fit your prediction. Do not try to use prediction which base on your emotion. This way will kill you. You should have a combination tactic. You choose a token for long term hold then use 70- 80% of your money to buy. 20- 30% invest in ICOs or other coins for daily trading.

nice advice buddy . anyway , regretting due to losses is not actually bad but rather it is normal for every crypto trader because almost all of us who trades in crypto do already experience to loose and we did regret because we didnt manage to win the trade although we can still use that bad experience in order to improve ourselves .

handling regret is also easy . all you need to do is to think of other positive thought or happy thoughts that isnt related to business . sometimes we need to enjoy  to relieve the stress that builds up on our head .
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vanshenz

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 09:45:31 AM

Regret is an inevitable state of mind in crypto at one point or another:-

why didn't I buy that coin when it was $0.50?
why did I sell this coin early?
why didn't I take profits on the way up, only to see the value fall 50% in a market crash? (a lot of us in the last crash!)
why didn't I buy the dip?
why did I FOMO and buy at the ATH and now I'm holding an unrealised loss?
why didn't I buy more of this coin?
We're all going to make "mistakes" that lead to a feeling of regret and self-admonishment.

I have a couple of strategies here to help me dampen the feeling of regret.

1. I have to realise that regret is largely based on a "maximalist"/perfectionist mindset, which is both unrealistic and unhealthy. We are attached to the notion of maximising profits. But what would that involve? It would involve being the perfect, machine-like investor. Always buying low, selling at an ATH, taking profits at the perfect time. It's an impossible standard to live up to.

If I make a profit, I compare my profits to the stock market. If you do THAT, realise you're likely "killing it" even with a "modest" 100% gain (it's ridiculous even to put "modest" here). If you can make a 10% gain a YEAR in the stock market, that's considered a success.

Also realise that the maximalist attitude is largely shaped around only hearing one side of the story of other people's trades. People boast when they're winning, and they're quiet when they're losing. Therefore, you can start to think that everyone's doing incredibly well.

2. I can only compare myself to the other me who didn't get into cryptos at all. That's your baseline to compare to. There really is no other baseline. It's damaging and outright delusional to compare yourself to the "perfect you" that always bought at the exact bottom and sold at the exact top. That you does not exist. It's a damaging fantasy that always leads to you beating yourself up about not making the most optimal decision at each and every turn. Cryptos can quickly lose its fun if you think along those lines.

Are you in profit (as in cashed out your initial investment + profits in fiat)? Then you're winning - you're doing better than the other you that didn't bother with cryptos. Congratulations. You should extinguish any regret, and actually feel contentment at your achievement. Forget the "what ifs?" - you made a decision that has made you better off financially and you've learned a fair amount along the way.

Are you holding an unrealised loss? Then know that it's unrealised and while that can be stressful, you're doing well to hold on and you can be proud that you haven't sold yet. It won't fix the regret so easily, but you have the hope your unrealised loss can turn into a realised profit.

Are you actually making a realised loss in cryptos? Of course, this is the hardest situation of all. All you can do is see it as a lesson you paid for. Nothing is without value, and you will have learned something along the way. You gave something a try, and financially it didn't work out. You may not be out of the game, so you could be in profit in a few days or weeks' time. Or maybe you've just had enough. Fair play. Know that you're actually in a big group of people. Lots of people have faced your situation and come out the other side OK. I lost a fair amount of money in Forex a few years ago. I felt crap for a while, then I stopped feeling crap. Luckily, life moves on. Actually, without that experience with Forex, I doubt I would have found any interest in cryptos - and I have profited from cryptos much more than my Forex losses - so there is that. Plus, cryptos are a LOT more fun than Forex.

I know that everything above is purely based on financial regret, and the counterargument is that "there's more to cryptos than just making a profit" - but when it comes to regret, it's almost always about money.
everything you say is a very valuable lesson for me in carrying out my work in crypto. after reading all of your explanations, I concluded that in dealing with regret we must continue to be grateful.
if we can be grateful, then we can handle regret for the mistakes we have made.
John1122

Activity: 62
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 10:32:58 AM

Handling cryptocurrency regret is somehow hard to handle but think about it as a challenge that you need to survive and  to learn from your mistakes, from that you can use as a advantage because you learn the things that they not learn or experience.
weblaraveluser

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 10:58:01 AM

Handling cryptocurrency regret is somehow hard to handle but think about it as a challenge that you need to survive and  to learn from your mistakes, from that you can use as a advantage because you learn the things that they not learn or experience.

In my own opinion, it was not easy to handle regret because the market prices are always changing so it was better to always have good information before selling or investing.
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 12:12:45 PM

When you decide, you should make sure your decision fit your prediction. Do not try to use prediction which base on your emotion. This way will kill you. You should have a combination tactic. You choose a token for long term hold then use 70- 80% of your money to buy. 20- 30% invest in ICOs or other coins for daily trading.

The last statement is for Holder

the problem with it is the ability to choose the right token, if you had choosed a sh*tty coin and dipped close to zero value, your emotions may be worsen

Also true with ICO's, a lot of scammy coins out there

Better to learn TA's, study volumes and market, it might educate you which coin to be worthy to be hold
lotsky123

Activity: 112

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 12:28:39 PM

What has already done, can't be undone. So better leave it in the past. Especially when you sold your coins at the wrong time. Human as we are, being sorry for what happen is a normal thing. Learn from mistakes and take it as a challenge to do better the next time to at least win back those losses.
monster2

Activity: 448
Merit: 5

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 06:24:58 AM

This is a great test when you enter the world of crypto so many are sad when many people are losing their funds here in cryptoworld risk takers know that.

INVECH - SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE - INVECH (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5052844.0)
AdamRay

Activity: 406

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 06:48:26 AM

This is a great test when you enter the world of crypto so many are sad when many people are losing their funds here in cryptoworld risk takers know that.
do not be afraid of failure. I think the failures will make you feel you need to cultivate more knowledge and recognize the valuable lessons. Life is not pink, so you should try your best. Know where you will be lucky and become rich without having to fail.

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
pandanaran

Activity: 1048
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 07:01:51 AM

Regarding regret I don't really think about it, even I tend to better understand the mistakes that I made and not be so worried and sorry about the choices I made both regarding the maximum profit or loss, even if I do the wrong thing I prefer to give up and make it a living lesson in me.

yonjitsu

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

www.daxico.com

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 08:01:08 AM

Regrets are just natural way of accepting the fact that you made a wrong decision in the past. But don't let your regrets eat you and stop you from what you wanted to achieve. If you had failed badly last time, you can start all over again today and start investing again but will be better now because you already learned from your previous mistake.

pieppiep

Activity: 1596
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 12:36:23 PM

I think all the people who have regrets because they are too fast to sell and too scared to buy because many traders do not know the right time to buy and sell cryptocurrency, so to be able to trade well you must be able to control patience and have to be brave to take risk.
Buladig

Activity: 107

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 12:43:04 PM

I'm sure as long as you join Crypto, it's not only the mistakes you make and not only the failures you get, but you also get the benefits and happiness of Crypto.
in my opinion, to deal with the regret that you feel because of the mistakes you make is to recall all the happiness you get from crypto, so you will get a new spirit to move forward.
KalaiBTC

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 08:06:22 AM

In my own opinion, it was not easy to handle regret because the market prices are always changing so it was better to always have good information before selling or investing.
Well business is the game of earning and loosing the money and it is okay if you loose the money because you can use this experience in future to avoid big losses. The loss is as important as the win because it helps model and remodel your strategy. About the current market I would say that if you do not sell right now and keep on holding your coins, ultimately you will be able to minimize your regret as the crypto market strikes a big value.

Maslate

Activity: 2996
Merit: 677

Message @Hhampuz if you are looking for a CM!

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 03:31:16 AM

Well business is the game of earning and loosing the money and it is okay if you loose the money because you can use this experience in future to avoid big losses. The loss is as important as the win because it helps model and remodel your strategy. About the current market I would say that if you do not sell right now and keep on holding your coins, ultimately you will be able to minimize your regret as the crypto market strikes a big value.

That's why we should not start a big amount, let's always be realistic and believe that the journey to be reach in crypto is not overnight.
It's a long journey and we need to face problems and challenges along the way because that will make us mature and will help us to make good decision in the future.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
BlueStackz
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 08:21:59 AM

Well you might loose at times just because of your own faults and this is regret no doubt but you should rather use that experience to make future decisions and that will decide your future profits. Having said that, you can maximize your profit and re-earn the money you have already lost by staying focuses and organized.

Once you understand the market and make rational decisions about what and when to buy, you would be well off than before and this is something you learn slowly and gradually.
Iykecollins
Copper Member

Activity: 376
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 12:21:48 PM

Some good thread to help at this time of market crash, The crypto market is full of such, you miss you regret, you enter and lose you regret, so much to be unhappy about but I think the mindset is to always accept the present situation and move one, learn the lessons but know that as long as you still have your capital at had, shouldn't have much to regret

Theldal

Activity: 70

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 02:51:00 PM

You can't overcome regrets if you don't want to do something and always jump into conclusion which your mind say. Try to do searching and learning because i believe it will help you to understand many things and if you understand already, your regret will vanished away and turned it into positive thinking without regrets.
chandra12

Activity: 176
Merit: 110

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 04:58:10 PM

Are sorry for is usually composed of your lifetime day-to-day exclusively for anyone who is doing the job through crypto foreign exchange generally you possibly can expertise most of the regrets although these regrets would you find some expertise to help the practice to your account to figure tricky your livelihood avoiding regrets.
KXC247

Activity: 294

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 06:38:37 PM

Its not good to have regrets after selling off your coins. Its not necessary to have regrets as the deeds have been done in my opinion. You must learn how to be disciplined and also, you must move on as soon as the conditions of your investment/trade are met and achieved.
Ledy Alise

Activity: 237

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 06:58:55 AM

Everything comes down to experience. The more you trade the better you understand the swings and the better you deal with regret, or > the less you need to deal with regret. Thanks for sharing.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: