Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:12:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How did you learn crypto currency?  (Read 569 times)
A Confused Shoe

Activity: 117
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 11:09:43 PM

Might be getting my years mixed up, but I actually first heard of BTC around 2013, when a colleague of mine talked about it with me because he actually knew some people involved in starting the whole thing up. Encouraged me to get into it, but of course I didn't really give it another thought (that was my once-in-a-lifetime moment, kind of like buying Apple or Google stock when it first started. Guess I blew it, haha).

Fast forward to 2017 where I'm a pretty active gambler and DFSer (Daily Fantasy Sports), more the former than the latter nowadays. Through online forums discovered the pros/cons of cypto gambling over fiat gambling and well, here I am. Have learned a lot about crypto this past year, but really have a long way to go.
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BrandeXMRLOVER

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 04:56:46 AM

Btcs have been the headlines for many days so how could it be unknown to me
Andatello

Activity: 27

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 06:42:14 AM

I heard about it in 2009 but other things were happening in my life then so took no notice. I've only started properly researching it the last few months. This forum has a fountain of knowledge and check out some of the beginners guides available. It will take time but you will learn something new everyday.
Silentsweeper

Activity: 149
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 09:06:11 AM

I learnt crypto currency while I was at work.
My friend told me about bitcoin and I have no clue what he was talking about.
I was then introduced to bitcointalk and since then I learnt a lot.
amaydel

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

DOMINIUM - Decentralised property platform

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 09:56:41 AM

First, i've heard about bitcoin through the News being headlined but didn't give any importance and interest on it until a friend of mind told me about this forum and shed some light about how to invest and earn money through bitcoin and cryptocurrencies. I never thought bitcoin had a big impact in me which change my life dramatically over the course of time.

D O M I N I U M      │    PRE-ITO WHITELIST is OPEN   [ REGISTER NOW ]    │        WHITEPAPER 
Decentralised, regulated, property financing, property listing and property management platform
♦     ANN THREAD     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     TELEGRAM     YOUTUBE     MEDIUM     LINKEDIN     INSTAGRAM     ♦
loku123

Activity: 25

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 10:00:24 AM

By watching videos in internet
Irene80

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 10:08:41 AM

It was two years ago when I happened to read articles about startup fintech. At first, I had less interest and gave so little attention to the crypto news. Until I asked more info from a friend to enlighten me. I started to read about it and learned more, still keep reading, though Smiley
George Khelashvili

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 12:39:00 PM

How did you learn crypto currency? A friend or relative shared it or you researched it by yourself?

I have interested about this about 2 month. after this I have made little invest to lern traiting. so reading about crypto is best teacher ever  Roll Eyes
InformationGooble

Activity: 22

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 06:19:12 PM

I didn't really remener but I think one of my bitcoiner friend help me to understand this topic
Onion_Azz

Activity: 14

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 10:08:19 PM

Im completely self taught and learning more and more everyday... my interest into crypto currencies and blockchain technology come from the dark web where I seen bitcoin being used on markets. I then began to research bitcoin and the fundamentals behind it. Since then i read about crypto everyday, from new ICOs to day trading. Everyday is a school day and and I must admit its been fun.

Keep reading, keep learning and most of all keep investing

Peace out
Onion_Azz
tinylobsta

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 12:31:51 AM

HackerNoon -- https://hackernoon.com
HackerNews -- https://news.ycombinator.com
r/CryptoCurrency -- https://reddit.com/r/cryptoCurrency/
Princeton cryptocurrency course -- http://bitcoinbook.cs.princeton.edu/
Going to coinmarketcap and reading about every top coin -- https://coinmarketcap.com

This amazing blockchain/cryptocurrency reading list -- https://a16z.com/2018/02/10/crypto-readings-resources/

Reading everything by Satoshi Nakamoto (Bitcoin), Vitalik Buterin (Ethereum), Daniel Larimer (Steem), etc. Watching all the YouTube videos from the Ethereum Foundation.

I have a lot more, PM me and I can brain dump further, if interested.

fiend91

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 01:47:16 PM

I found out for the currency on YouTube, it was the end of 2016. Then I began to explore it myself and tell her friends.
Melanie84

Activity: 9

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 02:26:23 PM

I was first introduced to crypto in 2012. At the time I was just finishing university and didn't have the money to invest and to be honest at the time I was introduced to it, it didn't really seem like an asset you invest in it was more a service you would use. After drifting away I got back into it in 2014 and again spent night after night reading and watching videos on crypto and I was utterly enthralled. But again I didn't put any money in I just carried on learning about the subject. Obsessed over antonio antonopoluas a few times. Now I'm here 6 years after first hearing about bitcoin and 6months after investing for the first time and my addiction is only getting stronger. I genuinely believe this tech will change the world in the same way the internet did. We are 100% moving into a trustless future
TheoSR

Activity: 4

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 02:54:22 PM

A few friends started to talk about it. Then i started to learn more about it on internet.
sevyk

Activity: 7

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 02:58:28 PM

learned crypto from a friend of mine , invested a small amount and gave us a paper wallet . saying one day it will grow in value
SOFAEMONEY

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 04:56:05 PM

I learned about it from my friends and watching youtube videos.
andrino

Activity: 193

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 05:02:47 PM

I search for it and not knowing that my friend is a bitcoin fan. He teach me in some ways but not all of information was given. Until now I'm searching and learning more.
James Backer

Activity: 32

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:23:51 PM

I learn crypto currency in social media like facebook , twitter there so many people posted about crypto currency  Smiley
krisjoygallatiera

Activity: 27

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 09:17:32 AM

First do your own research. Watch Youtube videos on how to start cryptocurrency and google will help also.
Keep reading, keep learning and it takes time to learn in cryptocurrency in fact you never stop learning.
sophiaAG

Activity: 36

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 11:57:45 AM

a friend initially informed me about it and then there's this new work that i got into that involved cryptocurrencies and so i had to learn about it.  materials were given and i researched also by myself, reading through various writeups, watched various tutorial videos and what not.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: