Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:05:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why I Support Elizabeth Ploshay  (Read 975 times)
charleshoskinson (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1008

CEO of IOHK

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2013, 04:24:06 AM
Last edit: August 23, 2013, 05:07:32 AM by charleshoskinson

When I first had an opportunity to interact with Elizabeth it was roughly four months ago right when we were gearing up to launch the Bitcoin Education Project. I sent an email to Bitcoin Magazine requesting an article about our Udemy course and grand vision (I suppose those are in great supply these days ). Initially their response was a bit muted. I just received what looked like a well written template email from this Elizabeth Ploshay girl thanking be for my questions and saying they'd be in touch.

I figured that I'd been politely ignored and it was time to move on. It appears in life cynicism is usually rewarded with near presentient accuracy, yet something happened that surpassed my wildest expectations- I received a follow-up email from that same pleasantly polite girl with questions about our project and its goals.

In the following month we've collaborated, I have come to know an intelligent, hard working and utterly dedicated (to a fault) woman who both understands our movement and its libertarian roots. Therefore, when she announced her candidacy for a board seat, I was inclined to invest serious time in a process I originally considered to be rather unnecessary. Due to the Matonis directorship, I am really starting to believe in the Foundation as an effective vehicle for preserving what I admire most about Bitcoin and I can think of no one better than Elizabeth to help guide us for three reasons.

First, she is committed to something close to my heart- education. One of our biggest challenges as a movement is addressing the fear, uncertainty and disinformation that has been so rapidly spread by the media and self-interested actors. We are not involved in a fair fight when the criticism of our technology, economics and beliefs is based on a throne of lies. The only way we can begin to win is through education; free, in as many channels as possible and localized where we want to grow. Elizabeth understands this and will help mobilize the Foundation into a FUD slaying powerhouse.

Second, she has worked in government for those who make the very laws and regulations we so fear and seek to avoid. I believe firmly that we must bravely embrace the battle Washington will eventually provoke and we need allies who understand the tactics, media and thoughts our enemies and potential friends on capital hill will invoke. Having worked for the Ron Paul campaign in 2008, I can recall the brutality of the process firsthand and I understand the value she brings to the table in this respect.

Finally, Elizabeth has the time to commit herself full time to our board. I've had the privilege of meeting many titans during my lifetime from Elon Musk to Terry Tao and while I deeply respect their accomplishments and diversity, they share a mutual limited pool of time. Often their participation on boards, committees and other non-profit services take a backseat to their primary field. Talent without time equals limited results regardless of the person. Our board is Elizabeth's domain and I know she will take it as seriously as a full time job. At 3 AM, she'll be there, not building a rocket or trying to solve the Goldbach Conjecture. That's what we deserve in a candidate, someone who shows up everyday working for us.

Thanks for reading and I wish everyone well,
http://elizabethtploshay.com/

Charles Hoskinson

Chief Executive Officer of Invictus Innovations

Director of the Bitcoin Education Project

The revolution begins with the mind and ends with the heart. Knowledge for all, accessible to all and shared by all

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
joecooin

Activity: 359
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2013, 04:46:05 AM

All this is very nice. Thank you for all your efforts.

Now could you please elaborate on who you CEO of II and Director of Bitcoin Education and what not and Elisabeth have educated on what exactly?

Just being curious, due to lack of education I guess Wink.

++jp

charleshoskinson (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1008

CEO of IOHK

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2013, 05:07:09 AM

All this is very nice. Thank you for all your efforts.

Now could you please elaborate on who you CEO of II and Director of Bitcoin Education and what not and Elisabeth have educated on what exactly?

Just being curious, due to lack of education I guess Wink.

++jp
Absolutely, I've created a free course on the MOOC provider Udemy on Bitcoin under a creative commons license that now has 5,000 students and many collaborators providing content:

https://www.udemy.com/bitcoin-or-how-i-learned-to-stop-worrying-and-love-crypto/

And  our project webpage outlining the philosophy:

http://btcedproject.org/

We have a particularly strong emphasis on international students and will soon localize out content for the Chinese thanks to our great director in China Li Xiaolai. I'm also chairman of the Bitcoin Foundation's education committee.

In terms of Elizabeth's experience, I'll refer you to her website:

http://elizabethtploshay.com/

The revolution begins with the mind and ends with the heart. Knowledge for all, accessible to all and shared by all
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: