Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:12:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Did GPU prices just double in the last few weeks  (Read 7065 times)
Amstellodamois

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 03:24:02 PM

Make sure he never look at how many ETH he would have mined and how much they would be worth today...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 03:32:57 PM

Make sure he never look at how many ETH he would have mined and how much they would be worth today...

What are you saying? He sold few weeks ago and up to that time he was mining cause is is a MINER. If he stayed with it then he would have probably have already got $32 in 17 days. He was very wise to sell to the idiot who bought from him for $500, the idiot will have to be very lucky cause one there is no warranty anymore and second the gpu could die anytime. The idiot will have to wait for 200 days to break even and if the gpu dies next week then the loss will be close to $450.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
BennyT

Activity: 259
Merit: 108

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 03:40:22 PM

Lol you mean “worst” decision he ever made. ETH is past $1200.. unless he sold those cards for 5k each... he’s kicking himself in the teeth for how much money he lost. You should cover his dental bill for all FUD you filled his head with causing him to sell

uh? He bought for $140 and sold for $500, to me it looks a fine deal, staying mining with it longer would never get him even close $500 profit with just 1 card. A rx 470 mining eth is giving miners right now $2.50 per day, so $500 divided by 2.50 = 200 days for him to break even, He made the right decision. You people who buy overpriced gpus are just making people who bought rx 470 for $140 to sell to you trolls for $500 hehe

Your math is horrendous. Try again. You said he sold in March 2017. Calculate the difficulty of ETH from then until now and how much ETH he would have accumulated mining for the past 10 months and multiply it by $1200. You’re friend is kicking himself in the teeth unless he does math like you in which case he’s probably happy with a couple hundred bucks in his pocket.

If you’re saying he had only one card, he’s not a miner. He’s a guy with a PC who sold his video card.
Turkish88

Activity: 714
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 03:43:28 PM

I am dont understand this moment. Price of GPU increase double, but profit from mining dcrease double. Whats going on?

Help to Ukrainian citizens
ETH donations adress - 0xe23CB47AC32F0b8750d4D0Dd4e160Fa6F8fF30EF
jillscarbrough

Activity: 588
Merit: 335

Steady State Finance

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 04:01:23 PM

I am dont understand this moment. Price of GPU increase double, but profit from mining dcrease double. Whats going on?

Sir, maybe this is what happened,

The seller's mindset (but not all sellers like this): How much stock of goods, how many demands, Hold until prices rise to the moon. then sell

Metroid

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 04:02:48 PM

Lol you mean “worst” decision he ever made. ETH is past $1200.. unless he sold those cards for 5k each... he’s kicking himself in the teeth for how much money he lost. You should cover his dental bill for all FUD you filled his head with causing him to sell

uh? He bought for $140 and sold for $500, to me it looks a fine deal, staying mining with it longer would never get him even close $500 profit with just 1 card. A rx 470 mining eth is giving miners right now $2.50 per day, so $500 divided by 2.50 = 200 days for him to break even, He made the right decision. You people who buy overpriced gpus are just making people who bought rx 470 for $140 to sell to you trolls for $500 hehe

Your math is horrendous. Try again. You said he sold in March 2017. Calculate the difficulty of ETH from then until now and how much ETH he would have accumulated mining for the past 10 months and multiply it by $1200. You’re friend is kicking himself in the teeth unless he does math like you in which case he’s probably happy with a couple hundred bucks in his pocket.

If you’re saying he had only one card, he’s not a miner. He’s a guy with a PC who sold his video card.

he stopped buying gpu's last march

I guess you have not read what i wrote or you have a mental problem, I will quote it again. Please do read before replying things. He did not sell any gpu on march 2017, he stopped buying gpus on march 2017.

I told them that they were insane and I explained why.  Their reply was that they sell gpu's at current market value.  Perhaps their current market value isn't updated on a regular basis, but I essentially told them to fuck off, and let me know when they wanted to sell their stock.  
I'm not a miner, I have a friend who is a miner and he stopped buying gpu's last march. He used to buy rx 470 for $140 and seeing these prices, he told he started selling his cards, best decision he will ever make.

tr3yson

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:03:01 PM

Yes, price really goes up, thanks to miners  Grin, joke! We know sellers are taking advantage of this demand. Everywhere you go now it's sold out, even online it's out of stock if not overpriced. And if you can find a good deal and leave it for another day good luck coz you won't see it anymore. People are getting crazy in this mining craze.
VegasJeff

Activity: 41

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:58:34 PM

In before the mining crash  Wink
Metroid

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 08:03:10 PM

Yes, price really goes up, thanks to miners  Grin, joke! We know sellers are taking advantage of this demand. Everywhere you go now it's sold out, even online it's out of stock if not overpriced. And if you can find a good deal and leave it for another day good luck coz you won't see it anymore. People are getting crazy in this mining craze.

They had no idea about bitcoin, now they have idea about bitcoin and its price and they think gpu miners are earning 12k dollars using 1 gpu, so in their heads why they are not selling each of their gpus for 12k dollars hehe, their rx 580 at $800 is just too damn cheap cause for them you will make many 12k dollars hehe, that is what they think hehe

pix530

Activity: 49

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 11:58:17 PM

I have close connect to one of the biggest hardware distributors in North America.
I deal with Canadian office. But they huge in usa.
B2b only. No retail sales.

Here what happened with prices just last 3 weeks.
Rx570 they had for 342cad and order would take 21 business days.
I ve seen in a week price was 400. Then 402. Then recently 442. Today price was 416..

I dont convince myself 442 plus tax is worth it. I could consider 300-350 price range at max.

They got 500 cards delivered and sold imemdiatelly.

Now the order is 1100 cards.

Who are these people who buy cards for 500 bucks havìng 2dollars profit from each. Its a long time even to break in.

100% when money will be returned. New cards and algos will ve in. So again. Why people buying is beyond my understanding.
Marvell2

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 12:33:17 AM

I have close connect to one of the biggest hardware distributors in North America.

I ve seen in a week price was 400. Then 402. Then recently 442. Today price was 416..

I dont convince myself 442 plus tax is worth it. I could consider 300-350 price range at max.

Who are these people who buy cards for 500 bucks havìng 2dollars profit from each. Its a long time even to break in.

100% when money will be returned. New cards and algos will ve in. So again. Why people buying is beyond my understanding.

its the Envion and the other cloud mining ICO's that received over 50 million USD from idiots who are paying these conglomerates to compete with them. smh

These companies got basically free money to invest in mining so they dont care what they pay they dont mine to pay $100 extra per gpu and buy thousands at a time

blame these ICO supporting idiots
Dtrucksguitarfan

Activity: 53
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 12:44:31 AM

It's going to be a bloodbath in a few months when NVIDIA brings out new cards.  Gamers will be able to buy their 1070 for retail then.  But that retail price is what they will pay when they buy them used from a miner.
puwaha

Activity: 700
Merit: 294

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 12:48:55 AM

Cloud mining operations will buy them in bulk like that.  They make incredible profits off of their customers, and have to keep expanding.
bubbagump

Activity: 104
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 01:22:39 AM

Those people are probably thinking that that $2/day per card is going to ultimately end up being more if the price of their coins go up.  For example, I started mining ETH with a single r9 290 back in early 2016 and I think I was getting something like 0.5 ETH/day.  At the exchange rate back then, I was generating about $5/day.  However, the price of ETH has skyrocketed since then so that in today's exchange rate, I was effectively generating almost $600/day.  I'm just guessing, but they might be thinking along those lines—gambling on an increased coin price.  I'm not sure why they wouldn't just buy the coins themselves instead though, unless they feel that having a potentially resellable physical GPU is less risky, but at these card prices, that seems like a dubious hedge.
pix530

Activity: 49

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 02:12:04 AM

Indeed people can buy coins if they think price will continue to go up.

Of course its supply and demand.

I need cards now but would not pay the price.
As i said 21 days delivery is not great.
570 armors are for 355usd tax included.

Regarding Nvida new cards. Lol. It will be unafordable and expensive.

Titan is here. For 3k each making 77mhps. Not worth it.
Metroid

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 02:12:23 AM

Where I live is worse than that, they are paying $800 for a rx 580 and by the looks of it, it will be $1200 very soon cause they did not change the price at all and this has been for 2 weeks and idiots are buying , retailers are using this opportunity to get as much money as possible from these idiots. A month ago it was $250. I have no idea why they are buying at these prices, this is stupid, my friend who is a miner stopped buying cards on march 2017 and he never paid more than $220 for polaris. He is a smart guy.

gotminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 24

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 02:36:37 AM

Where I live is worse than that, they are paying $800 for a rx 580 and by the looks of it, it will be $1200 very soon cause they did not change the price at all and this has been for 2 weeks and idiots are buying , retailers are using this opportunity to get as much money as possible from these idiots. A month ago it was $250. I have no idea why they are buying at these prices, this is stupid, my friend who is a miner stopped buying cards on march 2017 and he never paid more than $220 for polaris. He is a smart guy.

Are you in the US or CA?  There is a 20% difference in the dollar between the two, but anyway ... Asking because when you post prices, I'm trying to figure out what currency you're speaking of.  In the US, even the shit stain Amazon, eBay, and NewEgg resellers aren't asking $800USD for a RX580.  More like sub $600USD for that card.  Regardless, I wouldn't pay $500USD for a RX580.

And no one in their right mind is going to pay $1200USD for a RX580 in the near future.  If they do, they deserve to lose their shit based on the lack of research that they put in.  Major retailers are not currently doing it and I don't forsee them ever price gouging remotely close to the extent of the small time resellers that are trying to make a quick buck.

I don't even care what the dumbass smaller time resellers are charging these days, because I would never buy from them anyway.  No one should be starting out in gpu mining right now, if they are buying high from a small timer.  Just fucking watch, wait, and make your purchase from a large retailer who isn't trying to fuck you in the ass.

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
Metroid

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 02:44:27 AM

Are you in the US or CA?  

Neither, my point is, gpus go to whoever is paying more for them. For example, if a retailer in any location in the world is paying $600 to sell at $800, gpus will go to them first until that retailer don't need anymore. Manufactures and resellers are loving this, the idiots end users buying them will not be happy in few weeks or months.

gotminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 24

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 03:07:28 AM

Are you in the US or CA?  

Neither, my point is, gpus go to whoever is paying more for them. For example, if a retailer in any location in the world is paying $600 to sell at $800, gpus will go to them first until that retailer don't need anymore. Manufactures and resellers are loving this, the idiots end users buying them will not be happy in few weeks or months.

My comments are USA related as far as prices that I'm quoting goes, but when I say reseller, I mean small time reseller ... Not major retailers like B&H, Fry's Electronics, Best Buy, New Egg, ect.  Some of those major retailers do allow small time resellers to sell within their platform and those are the people who are price gouging out the ass in the United States.  But for the most part in the USA, the major retailers that I speak of are not pumping prices.  I've seen increases, but not an astronomical increase.  None of them that I have purchased from in the past few months are even 15% higher than MSRP.  You just have to be patient if you are buying gpu's at the moment. 

I agree with you.  People who are paying double or triple or more than MSRP right now are going to be very disappointed in the long run as opposed to just investing in the coin that they wanted to mine to begin with.  Maybe those gpu's they paid too much for will eventually pay for themselves, if they make the right market moves and maybe they will not.  That's total speculation that I'm not even going to get into right now, but the fact is that the longer it takes for the card to pay for itself, the less time you have for that card to generate a profit before it enters the ending days of it's life.

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
tr3yson

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:49:41 PM

Yes, price really goes up, thanks to miners  Grin, joke! We know sellers are taking advantage of this demand. Everywhere you go now it's sold out, even online it's out of stock if not overpriced. And if you can find a good deal and leave it for another day good luck coz you won't see it anymore. People are getting crazy in this mining craze.

They had no idea about bitcoin, now they have idea about bitcoin and its price and they think gpu miners are earning 12k dollars using 1 gpu, so in their heads why they are not selling each of their gpus for 12k dollars hehe, their rx 580 at $800 is just too damn cheap cause for them you will make many 12k dollars hehe, that is what they think hehe

Yes, that is what they really think right now, they don't know that it takes three to six months before we get our return of investments in mining. And they expect that miners were really going to buy high-end GPUs no matter what price they put.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: