Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:30:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Any Substitute Cryptocurrency for BTC....  (Read 85 times)
Zyborg (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 07:12:43 PM

As for now there is no any substitute for BTC.Etherum  value is also increasing but its not considered to be substitute of BTC.As for my knowledge is concerned in coming future There may arise some substitute.But if we study the history of BTC & analyzed in light of that we will conclude that after undergoing many dips it recovered itself and pumped it.Fluctuates several times yet its the favorite of people.It gave the world a new concept of Cryptocurrency.For many years to come there seems to be no replacement of BTC.All the world has turned their eyes to BTC.Currently its value is under dip and many people think that it would not rise once again.I can say surely that it will pump up and will sustain courage of its investors..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jmiro1

Activity: 235
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 07:19:00 PM

Yes I agree. There are hundreds of Crypto currency in the world. But none of them is a sustitute for Bitcoins. Ethereum is growing, so as the crypto world. That's why I think it would not be able to take place of Bitcoins. At least not in near future. I don't know the percentage but I think there's a lot of people out there who doesn't even know the difference between crypto currency and bitcoins. For them, BTC is the crypto currency.
penig

Activity: 266
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 07:26:30 PM

What do you want to substitute?  Value?  well Bitcoin is indeed the highest value, but what does that really mean in practice?  Or do you mean function, in which case there are a half dozen substitutes, are accepted for trade or offer better functionality (ie contracts).  Notice how the domination of BTC against total crypto market cap have gone down to ~34%.
johnlofar

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 07:34:41 PM

Thousands of other cryptocurrencies but they all have different uses.
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1499

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 08:06:06 PM

As for now there is no any substitute for BTC.Etherum  value is also increasing but its not considered to be substitute of BTC.As for my knowledge is concerned in coming future There may arise some substitute.But if we study the history of BTC & analyzed in light of that we will conclude that after undergoing many dips it recovered itself and pumped it.Fluctuates several times yet its the favorite of people.It gave the world a new concept of Cryptocurrency.For many years to come there seems to be no replacement of BTC.All the world has turned their eyes to BTC.Currently its value is under dip and many people think that it would not rise once again.I can say surely that it will pump up and will sustain courage of its investors..

The substitute can be derived in many ways. In terms of usage or price, market cap or acceptability. I believe you are talking about the price here. Yes, in terms of price the substitute of bitcoin is still not found. The second largest cryptocurrency ETH is not even close to bitcoin's price right at this moment. However, that certainly doesn't mean that no substitute will be found in future. I strongly believe that bitcoin will be taken over by another coin within due course of time. That can be ETH or can be something else as well.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: