Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:56:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Selling jingles/soundbytes .wav or .mp3  (Read 3066 times)
the joint (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 10:49:55 PM
Last edit: July 12, 2011, 09:00:20 PM by the joint

Hello.  I'm a long-time musician (piano 12+ years, guitar 13+ years) and am looking to create and sell jingles/soundbytes for people looking to add some flare to their advertising.  I have a Cubase recording program (complete with drum and beat processing), a professional-grade guitar effects processor that can dream up any sound you can think of, as well as a professional Yamaha keyboard with over 1,500 different sounds and tones.  I'm a music writer by nature and have an excellent grasp on rhythm and song structure.  I will create original sounds and songs for you at a reasonable, negotiable rate (depending on length and complexity).  If interested, post a reply or PM me.  I can provide samples of recordings upon request.

Edit:  Although I placed samples in my 3rd post on this thread, I re-posted them here for convenience.
http://soundcloud.com/musicmelody123/sample-1
http://soundcloud.com/musicmelody123/sample-2
http://soundcloud.com/musicmelody123/sample-3
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Atom

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

"Basics Of Generational Dynamics" - Look it up!

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2011, 06:02:04 AM

We're casually looking for some original intro/outro instrumentals for our show BitTalk, and may have some additional work down the line - I'd love some samples of your work - what are you looking for in cost?

BitTalk
with Atlas & Atom
A Show for the Bitcoin Universe, Fresh Episodes Weekly!
Episode 3 out now at BitTalk.tv

Liked this weeks episode of BitTalk?  Send us your 2¢ (.02BTC) 
13RVBjpo3xLeDBkB2NM64N8sWK4fariZUu
the joint (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2011, 08:50:30 AM

We're casually looking for some original intro/outro instrumentals for our show BitTalk, and may have some additional work down the line - I'd love some samples of your work - what are you looking for in cost?

Sorry, but I'm not exactly sure how to send samples on the forum.  If you pm me I can upload them to rapidshare.com.  The download link expires after a certain period of time though, so perhaps you know a better way.  In terms of cost, it really depends on the length and complexity you are looking for.  Obviously, something that is as simple as a 10 second, single-instrument sound byte will be cheaper than the same 10 second sound byte with 2-3 instruments and drums.  I would say on average, 1 BTC per 10 seconds of audio at average complexity seems fair.  This includes the time it takes to write a soundbyte, experiment with various tone sounds, record each part, and mix/edit each part.  I take pride in my work as a musician.  But, keep in mind that the sound samples I have are from full-length songs that I have written and recorded.  I have not written sound samples specifically for businesses before, but I will guarantee a soundbyte you like. 
Atom

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

"Basics Of Generational Dynamics" - Look it up!

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2011, 02:45:27 PM

As far as samples go, probably your best bet is to just upload them somewhere and post the download link here on the board, that way others who read your thread don't have to specifically PM you for samples. 

Regarding the work, that sounds fine but we're a donation funded show so 6btc/m isn't really do-able - I'll touch base with you once we get  a bit further in, thanks for the reply.

BitTalk
with Atlas & Atom
A Show for the Bitcoin Universe, Fresh Episodes Weekly!
Episode 3 out now at BitTalk.tv

Liked this weeks episode of BitTalk?  Send us your 2¢ (.02BTC) 
13RVBjpo3xLeDBkB2NM64N8sWK4fariZUu
the joint (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2011, 08:56:28 PM

As far as samples go, probably your best bet is to just upload them somewhere and post the download link here on the board, that way others who read your thread don't have to specifically PM you for samples. 

Regarding the work, that sounds fine but we're a donation funded show so 6btc/m isn't really do-able - I'll touch base with you once we get  a bit further in, thanks for the reply.

Here are a few samples...
http://soundcloud.com/musicmelody123/sample-1
http://soundcloud.com/musicmelody123/sample-2
http://soundcloud.com/musicmelody123/sample-3

Regarding the price, don't worry.  If you like what you hear, we can work something out.
the joint (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 13, 2011, 03:36:37 AM

By the way,  I checked out bittalk.tv (your first episode -- congratulations by the way) and I should have no problem providing sound samples for a lower price than I originally listed.
the joint (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 06:18:43 PM

*bump*
the joint (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2011, 08:38:23 AM

*bump*  Offer still good.
the joint (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2011, 03:10:59 AM

^
captainteemo

Activity: 143
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 19, 2011, 03:37:29 AM

What is output going to be? Can you do 24/96 WAVE or FLAC at minimum?
the joint (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2011, 03:41:52 AM

What is output going to be? Can you do 24/96 WAVE or FLAC at minimum?

I can do .wav at up to 96,000 kHZ and 32-bit float depth, mp3 at 320 kbit Bit-rate/44,100 kHZ/32-bit float, as well as WMA, AICF, or AIFF files
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: