Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:27:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Issues setting up my mining rig (4x RX570's)  (Read 176 times)
seufee (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 08:38:24 PM

Hey everyone.
I mined a bit of Litecoin back in the day, and then a bit of other alts on my current home PC so I figured I was an expert and was totally qualified to make a mining rig!
Well, after building it and setting everything up, I was getting 17-17.5 MH/s on each card, but I read that other people were able to get 28-30MH/s with the same kind of card.
Anyway, after googling to try and figure it out ( Never done this before in my life) I got the bios from ATIFlash, then used Polaris to try and change some of the settings.
When I flashed that bios into the card and restarted my computer, I had only 3/4 cards showing up on my Claymore miner.
I went back into Polaris and flashed the card back to the original bios and all 4 cards showed up, but one of them was only getting about 3.8MH/s.
Is anyone able to help!
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 08:45:49 PM

With a modded Bios on RX 470/480 and 570 cards you need to use the AMD pixel patcher to bypass the signature check or you will have a code 43 error in the Windows Device Manager and they won't work. Most RX 580's don't need the patcher. Apply the patcher after installing or updating the AMD driver and reboot. If you are still having trouble, try removing the drivers in safe mode using DDU, install the latest AMD driver, apply the pixel patcher and toggle compute mode on in AMD settings for all the cards.

https://www.monitortests.com/forum/Thread-AMD-ATI-Pixel-Clock-Patcher
Bigdrago

Activity: 312

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 08:52:27 PM

What memory is on the gpus? Samsung? Hynix?
Use GPU-Z
seufee (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 08:59:20 PM

What memory is on the gpus? Samsung? Hynix?
Use GPU-Z
I am not sure what memory it is. The cards are these ones: https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814137123
seufee (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 09:14:40 PM

With a modded Bios on RX 470/480 and 570 cards you need to use the AMD pixel patcher to bypass the signature check or you will have a code 43 error in the Windows Device Manager and they won't work. Most RX 580's don't need the patcher. Apply the patcher after installing or updating the AMD driver and reboot. If you are still having trouble, try removing the drivers in safe mode using DDU, install the latest AMD driver, apply the pixel patcher and toggle compute mode on in AMD settings for all the cards.

I just tried booting into safe mode through msconfig and now I only see a black screen and nothing else! I am connected to one of my video cards with HDMI and I can't get it out of safe mode!
Cereberus
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 09:18:36 PM

I just tried booting into safe mode through msconfig and now I only see a black screen and nothing else! I am connected to one of my video cards with HDMI and I can't get it out of safe mode!

It is always a good practice that you go first in the BIOS and set primary display as IFGX which means primary display will be used the onboard graphics, you can hook up anything your motherboard supports, usually VGA is there as an option. After that you start troubleshooting your rig, by installing cards one by one and modifying their BIOS (check BURIEDONE videos on YouTube).

██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
              ██    ██
            ██    ██
          ██    ██
        ██    ██
      ██    ██       
    ██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
TRADEPLAYZ
█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   
TOURNAMENT PVP SYSTEM
  FACEBOOK |  TWITTER  |  LINKEDIN  |  TELEGRAM  |  GITHUB  |  ANN  | INSTAGRAM 

█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   

█▄
                     ████▄
                     ██████▄
                     ████████▄
                     ██████████▄
                     ████████████▄
                     ██████████████▄
                     ███████████████
                     ██████████████▀
                     ████████████▀
                     ██████████▀
                     ████████▀
                     ██████▀
                     ████▀
                     █
█▀
GOOGLE PLAY

▄█████████████▄
                            ███████████████
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            ██████▀▀▀██████
                             ▀████▄▄▄▄████▀
  APPSTORE
seufee (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 09:22:12 PM

It is always a good practice that you go first in the BIOS and set primary display as IFGX which means primary display will be used the onboard graphics, you can hook up anything your motherboard supports, usually VGA is there as an option. After that you start troubleshooting your rig, by installing cards one by one and modifying their BIOS (check BURIEDONE videos on YouTube).
So I need to go through the motherboard and not a graphics card? My motherboard only has VGA and I don't even have a VGA cable
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 09:23:22 PM
Last edit: January 21, 2018, 09:34:54 PM by Vann

As I said, if you modded the Bios on RX 570's they won't work unless you run the pixel patcher after installing or updating the drivers. Try connecting to the onboard  video to get in to safe mode and run DDU to remove the drivers. After that reboot, install the latest driver from AMD and run the pixel patcher before you reboot.
bachani_rs

Activity: 37

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 09:34:36 PM

- First disconnect the risers from the MOBO.
- after turning on the rig go to BIOS and set primary display as IFGX
- turn off
- put 1 riser back
- turn on
- in windows go and download GPU-Z from techpowerup, read the memory type (GDDR5) who is the manufacturer
- find appropriate mod for the exact memory type
- what amd driver you are using? search for DDU uninstall and after cleaning download and install amd blockchain driver
- when your done flash with new mod using atiwinflash 2.77
- download and run atikmdag-patcher
- repeat the process with the other cards

PS: you should always do a backup of your GPU BIOS rom

hope this will help..
Bigdrago

Activity: 312

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 10:16:52 PM

Why not use the newest amd driver?
seufee (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 10:39:58 PM

As I said, if you modded the Bios on RX 570's they won't work unless you run the pixel patcher after installing or updating the drivers. Try connecting to the onboard  video to get in to safe mode and run DDU to remove the drivers. After that reboot, install the latest driver from AMD and run the pixel patcher before you reboot.
I ran that program you sent me, then I went to run in safe mode but I only have a black screen. I will try using onboard video tomorrow when I can get a VGA cable.
seufee (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 10:52:54 PM

Why not use the newest amd driver?
I thought I read somewhere that the newest drivers weren't setup to run the BIOS changes very well or something like that. Could have been an old thread though.
I was using the newest drivers and still only getting about 17.5MH/s on each card.
seufee (OP)

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 02:14:28 AM

- First disconnect the risers from the MOBO.
- after turning on the rig go to BIOS and set primary display as IFGX
- turn off
- put 1 riser back
- turn on
- in windows go and download GPU-Z from techpowerup, read the memory type (GDDR5) who is the manufacturer
- find appropriate mod for the exact memory type
- what amd driver you are using? search for DDU uninstall and after cleaning download and install amd blockchain driver
- when your done flash with new mod using atiwinflash 2.77
- download and run atikmdag-patcher
- repeat the process with the other cards

PS: you should always do a backup of your GPU BIOS rom

hope this will help..

I just got GPU-Z, and it shows me GDDR5 (Elpida) under Memory Type.
I am using the newest AMD drivers now. I used DDU to wipe the drivers and install the latest ones (18.1.1)
bachani_rs

Activity: 37

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 08:28:43 PM

I am not sure if I can paste hyperlinks here, so I will just tell you to search for Anorak tech website and "Sapphire RX 570 Nitro+ OC 4GB Elpida"
The manufacturing company is different but the memory and gpu are the same and that's more important.
Search for a post from:
USER: Deecept   Aug '17
Try this one
rx570_1150-2100_rev2.rom484 (256 KB)

you bios flash one card and see if it's better.
Don't forget to overclock the memory (with MSI Afterburner for ex.): GPU clock 1150 - memory 2100 mhz

PS: as I wrote always have a backup of original ROM.
seufee (OP)

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 01:04:02 AM

I am not sure if I can paste hyperlinks here, so I will just tell you to search for Anorak tech website and "Sapphire RX 570 Nitro+ OC 4GB Elpida"
The manufacturing company is different but the memory and gpu are the same and that's more important.
Search for a post from:
USER: Deecept   Aug '17
Try this one
rx570_1150-2100_rev2.rom484 (256 KB)

you bios flash one card and see if it's better.
Don't forget to overclock the memory (with MSI Afterburner for ex.): GPU clock 1150 - memory 2100 mhz

PS: as I wrote always have a backup of original ROM.
So I actually tried this yesterday and was getting about 29Mh/s without overclocking on the one card! Thought that was great, but then my screen goes blank after about 6 minutes and I have to do a hard shutdown. Not sure what is causing that. I had only the 1 card plugged in and it never got above 70C
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: