Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 02:35:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Careful out there...  (Read 527 times)
Pjoh ie

Activity: 168
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 01:37:25 PM

I just read a White Paper. It is selling 1 million tokens at, roughly 2 USD each. This would look like a nice company to put your money into, as it has a small cap.

But there is a catch, the guy has created 1 BILLION tokens, so this means that the value of the tokens he´s set is 2 BILLION  Grin Grin

Frankly, nowadays you have to read carefully even when looking for bounty out there  Roll Eyes
I also agreed with you, while choosing bounty we have to see how many token they allocate and how big the possibility of the market price of token the project rate it can be good, we have to monitor all this.
RickyCardero

Activity: 358
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 04:05:26 PM

All Time, u can find this people, who invest in strange project.
In time when you read whitepapper, somebody donated to this project. Often people doesnt understand, what they do.

paxmao (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1588

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 12:33:16 PM

I just read a White Paper. It is selling 1 million tokens at, roughly 2 USD each. This would look like a nice company to put your money into, as it has a small cap.

But there is a catch, the guy has created 1 BILLION tokens, so this means that the value of the tokens he´s set is 2 BILLION  Grin Grin

Frankly, nowadays you have to read carefully even when looking for bounty out there  Roll Eyes

Can you share which ICO this was for? So other people don't fall for it.

Frankly not enough people do their research, let alone read the whitepapers.

I won´t share the name because I don´t wan to enter a war with anyone (unless I am provoked or insulted). Technically is not a scam, so if people that can´t make numbers try to buy things they don´t understand they will learn from their experience.

Read the WP, check that the team is real an legit and up to the job, don´t trust other´s research and learn. AND PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ... if you don´t know don´t jump in with all your hard earned savings!! Be careful and even then know that you can loose a lot!

paxmao (OP)
Legendary

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 12:36:10 PM

There will be lots and lots of people who will invest in this ICO.
They don't care if it's a bubble, they just care about making money, even if it's a scam. Roll Eyes

I agree, I want to warn and help but this eventually becomes a natural selection process in which the money goes from the people who can´t tell a horse from a car to the people that know how to build a plane. Wow! That was a good metaphor my! Grin

AngelSky

Activity: 1008
Merit: 537

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 12:42:50 PM

In time when you read whitepapper, somebody donated to this project. Often people doesnt understand, what they do.

Are you really making the post by reading the op or simply dragging the thread and give bump. No one will invest on any strange project without checking the complete information about the project's ann thread and website.
For the project no one shjare the fund without expectation, keep that on mind. Donation request is not at all acceptance in the forum so no one will ask that. Some project owners shows like legit project and finally scam us. Expect that none can do the scam.
AiwonOleh

Activity: 336

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 01:17:26 PM

A lot of people invest even in such projects, they do not understand them well, they invest money, which later just lose because it was a scam.
feelthebern98

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 01:19:02 PM

Nice catch for sure, adding one zero changes the game entirely. Definitely it's too late for some, have you posted the ICO name somewhere in the forum?
AidenCasanova

Activity: 112

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 01:22:24 PM

so much litle investor may fall to the trap
but big investor will not fall to the premine
i just think about how marketcaps work according post 1
but still not find something wrong about market caps because of limited supply of the coin in the blockchain

wonder what ICO post1 want to tell us??

CryptoBeefy

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 01:36:10 PM

More money than sense for a lot of investors. The fact that the price is $2 without any product to show for it should be ringing alarm bells. Then there are the people that just fail to read and do their own research, just blindly following.
paxmao (OP)
Legendary

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 12:02:16 PM

But there is a catch, the guy has created 1 BILLION tokens, so this means that the value of the tokens he´s set is 2 BILLION  Grin Grin

What do you mean? It clearly seems that you do not even know how the marketcap works in here.

And what do you mean with bounties? are you just trying to explain how does that ICO works or just how much you will get by draining that bounty like a cow?

Came on... You can easily understand that if there is a limited supply, it CAN NOT increase.

I think this is quite easy to understand. This guy pays 5000 tokens for a translation. Since he is selling the tokens at 2 dollars he is then pretending that you are getting 10k USD for translating.

The problem is that the real value of the tokens is more like a cent because he issues 1 Billion and sells only 1 million and then claims a huge "marketcap" that is unrealistic by an order of magnitude of 1,000,000. That is, unless you really think that is going to be the next Facebook, in which case is unrealistic by an order of magnitude of 10.

It has nothing to do with a limited supply, nor milking anything, just getting paid for work fairly and that is why I relate this to bounty.

Marketcap = Tokens * market price of 1 token

So the issue here is that he is playing with the second factor of this, fooling people that don't bother or can't do numbers. That is true for bounty hunters too because they (we) invest our time and effort.

paxmao (OP)
Legendary

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 12:07:50 PM

Are you really making the post by reading the op or simply dragging the thread and give bump. No one will invest on any strange project without checking the complete information about the project's ann thread and website.
For the project no one shjare the fund without expectation, keep that on mind. Donation request is not at all acceptance in the forum so no one will ask that. Some project owners shows like legit project and finally scam us. Expect that none can do the scam.

Would like to bet on no-one throwing money into the project? You are probably a sensible investor, but you should know that there are lots of stupid money around. I am not dragging anything, why on earth would I do that?

thepo1m

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 12:09:25 PM

You are able to discover this because you research the project, most people don't research these project, if you have created 1 billion tokens and selling 1 million, that is centralisation and will male the developer a billionaire because the 1 million tokens is not significant
sultanali

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 12:12:22 PM

Yes, now a days many fake and scam coins are coming into the market because many people are investing in ICOs so some scammers are making scam ICOs so people invest their hard earned money in their ICOs and they scam them. So it is very important to research full of the project before investing in any money in that project.
wanderloy

Activity: 182

PRESALE BEGINS UP TO 45% DISCOUNT

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 12:12:37 PM

Well, I'm not that Crypto investor who buy coins or tokens on ICOs, but I just do a thing, observe them in coinmarketcap.com, if they're good coins then I'll buy for a thousand dollar worth especially when the volume is constantly higher.
One of the best choices that I bought last weekend's dip was IOST. And Im having a good time today because it was indeed pumping.

gizmodo1987

Activity: 294

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 12:23:58 PM

Agree with this, when the total supply and that price its too much.  With that supply I will invest for the price of 1-2 cents per coin/token.  But in ICO stage and that price, never its like they want a get quick rich project.
Darmold

Activity: 74

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 12:47:14 PM

This is a simplest way to legally scam the people. People need to watch out and read and research about their investment.
It is not a hard work, but there is a lot to read in some cases.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
jhongzjhong

Activity: 798
Merit: 109

https://bmy.guide

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 01:02:01 PM

Well, much better if you shared here if what token is that.
Yes that's the first thing to do when you investing an ICO's project just read the roadmap and whitepaper including the whole team and devs of their project.
So, congrats to him he find a good ICO's project to invest in crypto currencies, many scenario like this that getting rich because of the cypto's investing.
All of us are have a chance to have more profit when it comes in investing in crypto's, but having a dip research is a must. Grin

jbautistangina

Activity: 258
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 01:03:03 PM

May we know which ICO you are talking about? and why would a thief will left something that can be evidence to his crime?why would reading whitepaper will give you an idea that he has 2billion tokens ? i dont see the the probability that they will put the information in the whitepaper if they announced that they will only sell 1million tokens from the ICO?

danmoris

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 01:10:38 PM

That's why research is important. You always need to read the fine print and try to avoid scams.
kaeluxdeuz

Activity: 784
Merit: 510

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 01:23:44 PM

Just looking at those numbers are making me laugh. People will invest in numbers like those but they have no idea what they get themselves into.

Just like your thread title says, people be careful and don't fall into the trap of investing in something so "real"  Grin

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███