Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:22:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Careful out there...  (Read 527 times)
paxmao (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1587

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 09:02:27 PM

I just read a White Paper. It is selling 1 million tokens at, roughly 2 USD each. This would look like a nice company to put your money into, as it has a small cap.

But there is a catch, the guy has created 1 BILLION tokens, so this means that the value of the tokens he´s set is 2 BILLION  Grin Grin

Frankly, nowadays you have to read carefully even when looking for bounty out there  Roll Eyes

QFT

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 09:04:16 PM

I just read a White Paper. It is selling 1 million tokens at, roughly 2 USD each. This would look like a nice company to put your money into, as it has a small cap.

But there is a catch, the guy has created 1 BILLION tokens, so this means that the value of the tokens he´s set is 2 BILLION  Grin Grin

Frankly, nowadays you have to read carefully even when looking for bounty out there  Roll Eyes

You might be amazed of how many people will invest anyway, many people are oblivious.
Quantumplation

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 09:05:51 PM
Last edit: April 22, 2021, 12:51:38 AM by Quantumplation

NOTE: This message was originally not posted by me, but instead by someone who compromised my account.  I have deleted the content.

NOTE: This account was compromised from 2017 to 2021.  I'm in the process of deleting posts not made by me.
ghonkz

Activity: 459
Merit: 117

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 09:07:45 PM

Some peeps would still to invest on that project as long they gonna make profit from it. like seriously, as lonng you convincing enough with your project and how you want to run it people will believe it.
CisColtz

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 09:57:04 PM

It's bad to see that people are really investing into projects like this without even reading the whitepaper or check out the team and so on. We have the bitconnect the most recent scam and still people are putting money into projects with a dreaming reaching capital.
GreatOrchid
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 09:59:28 PM

What do you mean? It clearly seems that you do not even know how the marketcap works in here.

And what do you mean with bounties? are you just trying to explain how does that ICO works or just how much you will get by draining that bounty like a cow?

Came on... You can easily understand that if there is a limited supply, it CAN NOT increase.
wilberthh

Activity: 462
Merit: 12

Indonesian Translator, #1 Quality is prioritized.

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 10:10:52 PM

But there is a catch, the guy has created 1 BILLION tokens, so this means that the value of the tokens he´s set is 2 BILLION  Grin Grin

What do you mean? It clearly seems that you do not even know how the marketcap works in here.

And what do you mean with bounties? are you just trying to explain how does that ICO works or just how much you will get by draining that bounty like a cow?

Came on... You can easily understand that if there is a limited supply, it CAN NOT increase.

If I'm not mistaken, a coin tend to rise it's value if it has a limited supply right? Sorry, no offense sir!

@OP : 2$ per coin for a 1 billion total supply is really..... bad. What ICO is this by the way?
There will be those people who will invest in it anyway. It can be more than 2$ of course, but it won't be easy. At all.
bamboylee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 10:32:09 PM

The price alone is a red flag. I will never invest on a 2$ per token when it is still on ICO. That is just too much risk. If it is already live, have a working product, then I can invest on it but not before.

Unfortunately, most investors are too lazy to do their work. They just ride the hype when investing. So there are really very few successful investors on ICOs.
dark1jerk

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 11:04:07 PM

Some trader invests on a coin with promising tech background and future projects.
If they see that they can profit on that coin they will get it make make profit of it.
yura888

Activity: 364

“Create Your Decentralized Life”

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 11:07:28 PM

Agree, the developers create many projects where they have a critical amount of coins they can sell any time . I believe that all unsold tokens should be burn

paxmao (OP)
Legendary

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 10:08:19 AM

You might be amazed of how many people will invest anyway, many people are oblivious.

Oh yep, the guy is just trying to get his 1 million, so he is likely to succeed because people throw their money to anything that has the keywords and buzz.

paxmao (OP)
Legendary

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 10:09:32 AM

Agree, the developers create many projects where they have a critical amount of coins they can sell any time . I believe that all unsold tokens should be burn

In this case is not a question of the tokens being kept really, is just a question of setting the token price as if a company was worth billions when it's just a garage thing.

paxmao (OP)
Legendary

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 10:10:32 AM

Some trader invests on a coin with promising tech background and future projects.
If they see that they can profit on that coin they will get it make make profit of it.

Can't you see the problem here? It is impossible to make a profit, any profit, unless the token goes at leas x1000 if not more.

eaglewhite80

Activity: 406
Merit: 36

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 10:13:28 AM

Grin Grin I won't be surprised that some investors will still fall for it anyway. It is a crazy world out there in the ICO field, and it takes being extra careful to be able to succeed which is why I do not even bother myself as long as the team does not have a good record or history to hold on to.
DarkDrake

Activity: 54

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 10:16:49 AM

yea, if you plan on investing into ICOs you better sit down and read the whitepaper INTIRELY. so many people have asked me why i read so much in the whitepaper compared to scimming it.

i keep telling them that if i am to invest my money into something i will do as much research as humanly possible.
pogpog10

Activity: 251

Presale is live!

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 10:18:27 AM

This is one of the main reason we see more and more useless or scam ICOs. They now there are so many people in this community who are looking for a place to throw away their money. We should improve ourselves as community to credit right people and right projects. We are still so careless.

cherryganda

Activity: 728
Merit: 131

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 10:21:53 AM

Scary, ICO like this are into money, once the ICO finished soft cap or hard cap, there nothing matter as the DEV have more coins and he can control the pump and dump on tradings, i am pretty sure that this coin will be listed in just short time. having this kind of coin and whitepaper will side on developers profit.
bearex

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 10:27:59 AM

Nice catch. You really have to read over the total market supply and price per ICO coin. Then compare it to CoinMarketCap coins market caps. Over there you can see, where the suggested coin would land with this price. And if it is evaluated too highly, i suggest backing off  Grin
LancelotRay

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2018, 10:29:29 AM

Can you share which ICO this was for? So other people don't fall for it.

Frankly not enough people do their research, let alone read the whitepapers.
Lingqingyi

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 11:52:22 AM

There will be lots and lots of people who will invest in this ICO.
They don't care if it's a bubble, they just care about making money, even if it's a scam. Roll Eyes

ORVIUM        Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain        ORVIUM
█    Whitepaper        Telegram        Twitter        Facebook        Reddit        Blog    █
▇▆▅▃▃▃▃▃▃   Token Generation Event: Coming Soon   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▅▆▇
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: