Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:04:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: US forum?  (Read 146 times)
Evanston45 (OP)

Activity: 86
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 09:04:37 PM

While I appreciate that crypto is global and this forum has many diverse folks, it does get frustrating when many posts are google translated as it’s usually poorly worded and requires some effort of deciphering of what the poster meant to say. I am really not trying to be rude or insensitive as I have learned a lot from this forum, but is there any other forums that cater to native English speakers?
QFT

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 09:10:30 PM

While I appreciate that crypto is global and this forum has many diverse folks, it does get frustrating when many posts are google translated as it’s usually poorly worded and requires some effort of deciphering of what the poster meant to say. I am really not trying to be rude or insensitive as I have learned a lot from this forum, but is there any other forums that cater to native English speakers?

When you see these posts you can report them and they will get removed and hopefully banned.
Evanston45 (OP)

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 03:32:30 AM

I don’t want to ban the non native English speakers, but rather would like to find an alternative forum. I think bitcointalk is great because it brings together folks from all over the world, but sometimes I want to be involved in a US forum where I can ask about relevant topics to like minded people (US taxes,ICO’s etc)
GR92

Activity: 126
Merit: 90

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 12:21:32 AM
Merited by Spotika4 (1), vk279 (1)

It sounds like a racism Grin
I'm not englishman,but i'm trying to make sentences correctly. So, i'm sorry Wink
Evanston45 (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:17:27 AM

Not meant to be racist (though I don’t think that’s the word you’re looking for here), but rather just curious...perhaps it’s just me, but 50% of what I read doesn’t make sense. For those native English speakers...is it just me?
YYmeans

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:34:40 AM

Crypto is not only taken part in by native English speakers.You make me confused ,crypto is a worldwide treasure ,why you have such a strange question ?

angelcoins20

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:36:57 AM

I think it would be hard finding that, you have options here. You can either ignore them or just be posting on the serious discussion forum, no spammers and shitposters would be going to that field.
Endikadija

Activity: 1458
Merit: 509

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:39:59 AM

This is sad, but you will never find such forum. I believe that SEC and FBI will be raided the domain of forum that related to the bitcoin in the US.
They are threatening against crypto, and then they are hoping the crypto community will never exist in the US. The majority of people from the US are using global forum right now.
vk279

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:46:02 AM

Not meant to be racist (though I don’t think that’s the word you’re looking for here), but rather just curious...perhaps it’s just me, but 50% of what I read doesn’t make sense. For those native English speakers...is it just me?
I have read many posts here on bitcointalk that are poorly worded sentences, with lots of grammatical errors etc. but with little effort I was able to infer what the posters intended to post. Moreover as other users pointed out this is a global forum and every body is treated equally.  When you say " Forum for those native English speakers", it sounds like somehow you are priveleged.

JetSet11

Activity: 112
Merit: 23

"Get Paid to Play your Media on Current"

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:52:04 AM

Given that the US has its own regulations and restrictions, especially concerning ICOs, a US forum seems like a decent idea to me. It doesn't necessary have to be the bulk of the site's posting. It can just be a subforum for pertinent US discussion.

vk279

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:54:54 AM

Given that the US has its own regulations and restrictions, especially concerning ICOs, a US forum seems like a decent idea to me. It doesn't necessary have to be the bulk of the site's posting. It can just be a subforum for pertinent US discussion.
That sounds much better than OPs post.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: