Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 08:49:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CGMiner 3.3.4 crash  (Read 1488 times)
Jebus (OP)

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 12:30:02 PM

Hey folks. Just wondering if anyone else is having this issue. I'm running a Win7 x64 machine with cgminer 3.3.4. I run the no-gpu binary so it should just be using my BFL Single to hash. It works fine for about a day or two and then out of nowhere I get a windows error saying "CGMiner has stopped working". No useful error text, no useful output in the CG gui. This happening to anyone else? I'm in the process of getting Touchdown Alerts to work on my phone and freak the hell out whenever I get an idle miner notification so I wake up and can start it back up. I'm also going to keep an eye on my cpu memory to see if maybe there's a small leak that eventually causes the crash after a few days. Hell it might have even been a hiccup in my isp for all I know. I'll let everyone know if I figure anything out, just seeing if anyone else is having this issue.

**edit** one other thing that might contribute to this. My Single's temp is in a room that is kept around 65 degrees F and I haven't seen the Single get anywhere over 77C. I have it plugged in to a 16' active USB extension to route from that room to my computer room.
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
os2sam
Legendary

Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090

Think for yourself

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 01:46:00 PM

I have seen that on my system with CGMiner 3.3.3.

I chalked it up to instability caused by unplugging 15 Block Erupters, a few at a time, to attach heat sinks and then plugging them back in while 4 instances of CGMiner were running.  Also did the same thing with my Jalapeno to remove the case and flip the fan.

I haven't seen this while not messing around like that though, yet.
Sam

P.S. post in the CGMiner thread.

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?
milone

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

CGWatcher & CGRemote

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2013, 01:09:28 AM

I'm not suggesting that you don't try to figure out why this is happening... but you can use CGWatcher to handle these types of problems so you don't have to wake up to restart cgminer. Also check Windows Event Viewer for application errors when this happens and post the error information, it may be helpful in diagnosing the problem.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=185553.0

http://manotechnology.blogspot.com/p/cgwatcher.html

CGWatcher, a GUI/monitor for CGMiner & BFGMiner: http://www.cgwatcher.com
CGRemote, a remote mining dashboard for all of your miners: http://www.minerremote.com
BTC: 12TAYjmSrdDHLNpmix2MG6y3R868SMM7Fx    LTC: LM6Un6hZvPzLBggJWiAVG6E6w2GfaHukXY
Jebus (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 01:38:50 PM

First I'll apologize if I posted in the wrong area. I really suck at forums for some reason. Thank you both for your replies and special thanks to Milone who just gave me my sunday back. I wasn't aware CGWatcher existed and had started to write my own. I had basic functionality down but to match the stuff CGW is capable of would have taken me a week at least. My lawn thanks you! If I get any error info I'll post it.
os2sam
Legendary

Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090

Think for yourself

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 01:46:05 PM

First I'll apologize if I posted in the wrong area.

I didn't mean to imply, in this case, that you posted in the wrong area.  This is Mining Support after all.

But CG Miner has a support thread, so it may be more productive to post there.  Especially if it's bug related.

I just recently found CG Watcher too and it looks neat and nifty.  Haven't tried it yet though.

Glad your mining OK now.
Sam

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?
Jebus (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 02:08:15 PM

The fact that I suck at forums remains! But thanks, Sam. Also just got cgwatch up and running and it does way more than I would have ever done in my own project. Very nice utility. The "mine as donation" feature is just f'n brilliant. There are days when I get pretty down over what a PoS the world has become but this community really helps hedge that despair. Grin Thanks everyone.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: