Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 11:08:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What age to teach kids about crypto?  (Read 2482 times)
Zenifir

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 07:22:26 AM

As long as your kid has an interest on it because it's useless if you keep on teaching your kid bitcoin but he has no interest and if he is not interested he won't understand even the basics because he'll be bored and wont listen to you because bitcoin is a complex topic
Turboeend

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 07:29:44 AM

I don't think there is a perfect age to teach, I think you need to watch what the child is like. Some are mature around 12/13 and do understand. Some are ready at the age of 16.
You can let them know at a younger age there is more besides fiat money. I do tell my nephew there is more about fiat money, steady and slow (age 15). But then as told he is somewhat childish so the
real trading and speculating would turn out a disaster. Better to teach steady and slow.

So I think you need to look at how far developed a child is before actually teach them invest tricks etc. Even if they know how to handle some fiat money. You can loose a lot fast if you dont know how to act in crypto.
Dont think young mind are up to it. So I say 16 to begin. 18 to go in to details.
Bellator

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 07:30:26 AM

As soon as they are big enough to trade and bring money home Wink
I guess we must teach kids about bitcoin in the age of 9-12 years old but I guess if they really wanted or they have the interest to learn or know a lot of bitcoin then we must teach them about this. Working with bitcoin is really a big help for them in their future for them to save a lot so they must know bitcoin in their young age for them to know how future works.

gadimbrut

Activity: 418
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 07:38:34 AM

I also taught my son about crypto currancy, but what I teach the introduction phase of crypto types, my daughter is 10 years old now, I do not teach much about crypto currancy because my child is still in school.
Blue2012

Activity: 182
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 07:38:58 AM

In my opinion, I think there is no specific age. As long they are willing to learn, has a potential to understand cryptocurrency and responsible enough. Then let them. Besides we are here to guide. Just make sure that education is still his/her top priority.
Finestream

Activity: 3066
Merit: 608

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 07:43:47 AM

As soon as they are big enough to trade and bring money home Wink
I guess we must teach kids about bitcoin in the age of 9-12 years old but I guess if they really wanted or they have the interest to learn or know a lot of bitcoin then we must teach them about this. Working with bitcoin is really a big help for them in their future for them to save a lot so they must know bitcoin in their young age for them to know how future works.
I think during their high school years like 12 above.I believe children should be taught on how to save and manage their money especially if their parents are striving so hard just to make them feed.Maybe we could teach them and let them explore the crypto world through their own research and observations.If they're already familiar with it,they can start sharing their ideas through participating in signature and bounty campaigns,then little by little they can start mining or trading if they're skillful enough but gambling is a really big NO for their early ages.

Nasty23

Activity: 736
Merit: 100

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 07:48:23 AM

In my opinion, I think there is no specific age. As long they are willing to learn, has a potential to understand cryptocurrency and responsible enough. Then let them. Besides we are here to guide. Just make sure that education is still his/her top priority.
Yes being responsible in every activity that we do is a must so that we have a chance to pretend it and we are happy by doing it. It is important to the kids that they are knowledgeable and have an ability to adopt it before teaching about cryptocurrency so that they can easily use it at any situation.

think3214

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 07:57:38 AM

I think the ability of each child, but for children to be aware and thinking is at 14 years old or more. At 14, children will be aware of what is right, what is wrong, what should and should not do. My child is 12 years old, and I am leading them to learn about bitcoin. I believe in the future bitcoin will be more popular in the transaction.
mahilchii

Activity: 560
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 08:01:45 AM

Actually it depends on how the kids are interested in crypto currency or trading, some kids are eager in their early stage itself like 12 years and some may get involved on a later stage like 18 years and above. Just need to probe them and find them the interest before we teach them to find their interest is a good idea I think.

Markzuckertion

Activity: 99

BITDEPOSITARY - Make ICO's , More Secure

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 08:03:35 AM

Hi everyone,

When is a good age to teach kids about crypto?  Any suggestions on how to go about it?  thanks Smiley
You want to teach them  about bitcoin technically or only about how to use bitcoin. If you want to teach them about bitcoin technically then you should wait until their age is 14 but if you want to teach them about how to use bitcoin then you can theach them when their age is 7.

uttoransen

Activity: 89
Merit: 5

GuestCrew

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2018, 08:08:16 AM

It is always pretty hard to decide, my daughter is 4 year old and during Christmas when I was asking what she wants - so that I can pretend to be Santa ... she asked me what I wanted, and I asked her to guess. She said - "BitCoins".

I was taken aback, I have never told her about bitcoins, crypto coins - she is only 4! but I guess she has heard about it when I talk about such things with my family.

But she is still very small to understand about Cryptos - my guess is that when she turns 10 to 12 year old, perhaps then I can explain her more,

thanks,
Uttoran Sen

GuestCrew - An Influencer Marketing Platform | Join the GUEST Coin ICO - https://guestcrew.com/buy-coins
posoa

Activity: 154

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 08:16:08 AM
Last edit: January 22, 2018, 08:31:39 AM by posoa

I think at the ripe age of 18 years, after they might have become mature in age and also have learn some basic education about computer as well as understand  Technology in school.Then I will start to teach them about cryptocurrency, economy, trading....etc, as there are a lot to learn about cryptocurrency. Exposing the child at this age will help them understand better and develop on what cryptocurrency  is  and by continuous study and guide  the child will  develop to learn to trade and invest in Bitcoin as well as other cryptos.
OhBow0709

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 08:28:03 AM

In my opinion, we could introduce it to our kids during their high school years and who knows, maybe cryptocurrency will be part of their curriculum in future.
Sendibere

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 08:36:17 AM

For me, 9 years old can be taught. But I do not want to force it, and if He wants to know it, I will teach it one-by-one, it's still better to know it by there own. But the best part to teach Kids is how to save money.
Ridwan Fauzi

Activity: 1330
Merit: 147

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 09:15:48 AM

Hi everyone,

When is a good age to teach kids about crypto?  Any suggestions on how to go about it?  thanks Smiley

It would be difficult if we teach about cryptocurrency to little child. Never mind teach cryptocurrency to little child of my friends too who already understand about the world economy, they don't understood what cryptocurrency is and the functions about cryptocurrency. We know that, crypticurrency is still young in this world and still a lot of process that must be improved in order to be accepted by all people. Well, i feel if we want to give an understanding about crypto it will be easier to teach poeple who have age about 15 years old.
EmJay

Activity: 563
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 09:54:52 AM

There's no specific age to teach them about crypto, well, you just let them know that it exist, then you can tell them how to earn it in the future. I think it's good if he/she is in high school before starting to engage in the community.

exactly, there is no certain age required to teach kids about crypto. I think for as long kids are interested with it , we can start teaching them. But make sure that when they learned, they'll not miss  thier schools homeworks and activities. and make sure that they will not use all their time in bitcoins.
Dread Pirate Roberts

Activity: 1484
Merit: 326

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2018, 10:14:14 AM

To let him know what bitcoin might be since any age. but if to educate him better when he is 15+ because he can be more mature and wise. and he also had reasonable thoughts like other adults. want to earn money. if as a child when he lost money he may think it's okay because there are parents. but when he was a teenager I was sure he would think more seriously and wisely.
Blackhammer321

Activity: 400
Merit: 59

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 10:24:04 AM

A good age to teach your children about the characteristics, functions, characteristics and other things affiliated with cryptocurrencies is when they have acquired knowledge about how the economy works. in this way they would be able to absorb  the information you will give to them and they would be able to understand effectively the cryptocurrency world.
agorkems

Activity: 112
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 10:26:22 AM

By the time my children grows up I think I can teach my kids about the history of cryptocurrency  Grin Whenever they are able to understand and a good time where I can share if they are interested.
heureca

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 10:28:19 AM

Hi everyone,

I suppose 10-12 years is rather good age to start learning blockchain theory. It is age when children could understand something about criptocurrency Smiley

██                                                     
██████                                                    
██████████                ████              ████          
█████████████          ██████████        ██████████       
█████  █████████    ███████████████   ████████████████    
█████     ████████████████   ████  ██████████  ██████████ 
█████        ██████████          █████████        █████████
█████         ██████             ██████              ████ 
█████         █████              ████                     
█████         ███████            ██████              ████ 
█████        ███████████         █████████        █████████
█████     █████████████████  ████   █████████  ██████████ 
█████  █████████    ███████████████   ████████████████    
█████████████          █████████         ██████████       
██████████                ████              ████          
  ████                                                    
/Distributed
Credit Chain
//
Empower Credit, Enable Finance
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: