Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 07:43:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What age to teach kids about crypto?  (Read 2474 times)
gantez

Activity: 1736
Merit: 121

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 03:16:35 PM

I don't expect any age line. If a child sees his father or family on it and indicates the zeal to know what it is the father is doing, he should be thought, especially if he can understand things when he or she is being thought.

Generally, I think learning it at an early stage is better because it helps the kids to grow up being financially independent in an early stage.
Cholidm

Activity: 254
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2018, 03:35:13 PM

Approximately 15 years old but it can be under the age depend on iq child it self if he smart  quickly understand what is crypto

Terry05

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 03:44:48 PM

I think it is good to teach crypto currency during high school level because in this level the student can be able to understand well what is crypto all about and how to deal with the different aspect of the crypto business like trading,market and how the block chain works.
Leonia-Ridinger

Activity: 110
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2018, 03:48:49 PM

You can tech about cryptocurrencies from 8 years i think, when they start undertand the world.
mcguire1905

Activity: 33

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 04:02:02 PM
Last edit: January 22, 2018, 05:37:46 PM by mcguire1905

It is never too early to starting teaching children about crypto and bitcoin.  Teaching children about the attributes of the blockchain is a great idea - such as decentralization, open source code, and peer-to-peer applications - all will be relevant for future generations and years to come. Our global culture is changing and in time, these children will be the sole contributors to the network.

Choyor

Activity: 672
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 04:33:31 PM
Last edit: January 22, 2018, 04:46:09 PM by Choyor

Hi everyone,

When is a good age to teach kids about crypto?  Any suggestions on how to go about it?  thanks Smiley
There is no specific age to teach crypto to children, but it would be wise to teach it after they entered adulthood, because what we worry about is the disruption of their concentration in school, maybe just teaching the basic crypto basics just does not matter, but if for a more complicated level, I do not think so. the strategy is by gradual teaching.
ANGEL_VOISE

Activity: 167

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 05:23:55 PM

I will teach my kids about crypto, when they've stepped on a teenager. Because i do not want to eliminate the time kids by teaching them about crypto.
jsarce

Activity: 79

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 05:26:28 PM

At early age teach them how to save first. That's the basics. Then introduce the real world currencies. How does it work, why it has different values, etc. Then finally you can introduce him/her to crypto world. The're no specific age requirement when to teach them, as long as they're interested then start teaching them!
mikan111

Activity: 117

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2018, 05:31:09 PM

They should be taught as soon as possible if you notice they have a sufficient level of understanding of such abstract concepts.
Rupok365

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 05:33:57 PM

If you have passion, you can teach them as early as possible, Just make sure that he/she won't abandon his/her studies, Because i believe Education is also an investment that will prepare an individual to greener pasture when the right time comes:)
yes,its totally good opinion.
supercost

Activity: 55

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 05:57:17 PM

I think first you need the basics of financial literacy. first teach the control of the usual currency then tell me about other types of currencies and the history of the origin of other money and move gradually to the crypto currency.
Crypto Lion

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 05:59:05 PM

Teach them math first.

You can teach them everything about Bitcoin, but without a good mathematical foundation they will end up very confused over what you're talking about. Because of that, you should teach them at around age 8-10.
shata

Activity: 547
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 06:06:44 PM

Hi everyone,

When is a good age to teach kids about crypto?  Any suggestions on how to go about it?  thanks Smiley

Actually, Learning cryptocurrency doesn't requires age to learn it. As long as the learner or a kid, trying to learn and have the hardwork to know what's cryptocurrency, He/she is able to be taught by a good teacher. But you should try to measure what's the best age of them because if a kid already learned at is young age, He/she got some stress and bitcoin and it will also stressed in studies. Lack of focus in studies will nit be prevented. Education is better than it.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████████████ ▀███████▄
▄█████████████   ▀██████▄
▄█████████ ▀████▄   ▀█████▄
██████████  ██████▄   █████
█████ ▀████▄ ▀██████▄ █████
█████   ▀████▄ ▀ ██████████
▀█████▄   ▀████▄ █████████▀
▀██████▄   █████████████▀
▀███████▄ ████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
Emporium.
Finance
Decentralized Peer-to-Peer
Marketplace and DeFi
Liquidity Mining Platform
▄▄█▀▀██▀██▀▄▄
▄███▀██▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄   
 ▀          ▄█▀▄█▄    
▄▄▄▄▄        ▀   ▀██▄███▄
▄██████▄          ▄▄██████▄
███████▌       ▄███████████
█████████▄  ▀█▄████████████
███████████▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀████████
▀█████████████▀     ▀▀████▀
▀████████████▄        ██▀
▀████████████▌    ▄▄██▀
▀██████████▌  ▄███▀
▀▀██████ ▄█▀▀
Available
in +125
Countries
▄███▄
█████
▀███▀
▄▄▄     ▄█████▄     ▄▄▄
█████    ███████    █████
█████    ███████    █████
▄███▄               ▄███▄
███████     ███     ███████
███████ ██▄█████▄██ ███████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ███▀ ▀███  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▄ ▄███
██▀█████▀██
███
Community
Governance
System
▄▄██████▄▄ ▄▀▄
      ▀▀▀ ▄██▄
          ▀██ ▄██▄       ▄█
        ▄██   ▀▀███▄   ▄███
       ▄██        ▀█▄   ███
      ▄██           ▀  ▄███
     ▄██        ▄▄     ▀███
    ▄██        ██▀      ███
   ▄██                ▄████
  ▄██         ▄█████████▄ █
  ▀▀      ▄▄▄█████ █▀  ████
      ▄▄██▀▀██▀  ███▄  ▄███
    ▄██████████████████████
Liquidity
Mining
Platform
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
JOIN NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
imoet

Activity: 322

homt.net

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 06:11:00 PM

To teach crypto to children no matter what age, because learning crypto does not require the age level, now is the age of Online and now many children are playing Online, it would be nice we teach the child as soon as possible about crypto as a substitute for Online games child.

Yup, I agree with you  Wink
I ever disagree with this kind of opinion. But, after few weeks lately I change my mind. I saw so many children that more clever in playing online than adult. They can understand everything which is online easily. Now, I start to teach my son. He is still 11 years old and eager to know about crypto world.

► HOMT ◄ ♦ World’s First Crypto Based Students Rental Platform ♦ ► HOMT ◄
───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Facebook◂ | ▸LinkedIn
kseniyu

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

The OEL Blockchain Ecosystem for Supply Chains

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2018, 06:14:27 PM

Children must have childhood! I believe the child needs to develop gradually and yet he does not realize that cryptocurrency is good. No need to force the child to learn. The time will come he will learn. The optimal age of 15. Not before.

Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 06:24:24 PM

Children must have childhood! I believe the child needs to develop gradually and yet he does not realize that cryptocurrency is good. No need to force the child to learn. The time will come he will learn. The optimal age of 15. Not before.

I agree. Money and finances are not for children and they can't understand their true meaning and functioning.  Once they are 15 they are old enough to get introduced with cryptocurrencies but also with basics of economic education. Otherwise all this could also influence them in wrong way.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

realsteve

Activity: 69

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 06:28:12 PM

Any child who is old enough to understand accounting principles like credits and debits or corporate stocks should be able to understand the basics of bitcoin. Kids who are technologically astute will understand it even better. This could be anywhere from the age of 8 to 12.
calvinweight

Activity: 65

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2018, 08:53:17 PM

My five year old asks me about bitcoins every now and then. It cracks me up  Grin
Rodon

Activity: 106

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 09:02:06 PM

Just when you think that they will be able to understand what Bitcoin is about. Because it's not very easy at the first sight.
dav-santoshi

Activity: 24

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 09:17:08 PM

I think is best we teach our kids about bitcoin very early so that they can grow with that knowledge, bitcoin is the highest technology of our time and at that kids needs to know all that they need to know about bitcoin very early so that they can utilize the full potential that is embedded in bitcoin and how the blockchain technology works.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: