Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:39:55 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What age to teach kids about crypto?  (Read 2481 times)
changcloy

Activity: 448
Merit: 107

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 06:55:26 AM

My son always heard me talking with my cousins about bitcoin. i just got shocked one day because he asked me to buy the item using some of my satoshi on the online games which he always played, so that was the time i inserted my idea to let him joined in the forum i give him some overview about here but unfortunately after what i had told him he refused to joined. So therefore i conclude there is no specific age to teach about crypto because even how you teach the kids to earn money if they are not eager to do so they will not follow you..what's always on there mind was spending and playing.But maybe one of this days he will realize to join and how to value money. Anyway since he did not agree with me i did not buy the item.
Future3000

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 06:57:28 AM

Now they should be tought from school because it's our new reality
jayco25

Activity: 336
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 07:07:56 AM

Teach kids about crypto is very nice but let consider also that kids need to focus also in their study if your think the learning about crypto in not hassle to their study maybe if they already can ready we should start them teach about digital currency.
BlackRacerX

Activity: 462
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 07:11:06 AM

Hi everyone,

When is a good age to teach kids about crypto?  Any suggestions on how to go about it?  thanks Smiley

I think the perfect time to teach kids about cryptocurrency is when they start to learn or even master using the computer on a day-to-day basis. With them being capable of using the computer efficiently, I think it is about time they learned about cryptocurrency and maybe even make their own.

nikenv2212

Activity: 84
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 07:37:42 AM

Quickly better, first tell the easy-to-understand language about digital money, what cryptocurrency, what advantages and disadvantages, then when they are 17 years old, tell more about trading, mining, maybe also about bitcointalk, teach them how to get money from bitcoin, so they will be busy using the internet with positive things like bitcoin
RAmondragon

Activity: 197
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 07:42:03 AM

I cant tell when is the best age to teach kids. But the earlier the better. If they know at a young age on how to save money and make use of it wisely, we wont be bothered on what future they have.

[  EOT  ]      FIRST DECENTRALIZED GAME NETWORK        [  EOT  ]
ICO: JULY 25
        │        READ OUR WHITEPAPER
████████││   REDDIT   ││   TELEGRAM   ││   TWITTER   ││   MEDIUM   ││   WEBSITE   ││████████
xamxam

Activity: 409
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 07:43:42 AM

I think bitcoin is easily understand in the age of 9 to 12 is the youngest, although in our generation kids have more knoledge in terms of computer or internet and they can follow well so it's not hard to them to know the use of crypto and some of them someday will use it as their payment in a simple transaction.
hx6688

Activity: 12

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 07:45:10 AM

At least ten years old, when they have a clear understanding on what money is. Or when they actually interested in it. I would suggest do it later rather than sooner.
For me I would say I don't find I am interested in it until I was 15, when I have a clear view what money is and actually want to earn money and catch the opportunity to change my life. if you promote something to a children when they don't have enough knowledge to back up the understanding, it is very possible to make them hatred of the topic
moamin77

Activity: 310
Merit: 102

JACS.tech

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 07:50:43 AM

The current generation is smart and can digest Technology faster than us (looks at babies using smart phones or tablets)
So I believe that explaining blockchain to an 8-years old kid can work well if you can use simple jargon and clear idea (blockchain as opposed to a centralized thing like the bank for example...)

deviltasha

Activity: 308
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 07:51:05 AM

When it is time the youth will get aware of crypto by themselves, they are smart and they have access to enough information through internet.
Puroc

Activity: 139

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 07:52:48 AM

The early the better don't you think, but if your kid is more interested in playing in his or in her age let them play more and when they get serious in life then you may introduce or tech them about earning in bitcoin....
blueman44

Activity: 53

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 07:55:56 AM

If you take mining as a hobby, something to do together, kids can learn from a very early age.  My kids learnt about it as I did to be honest.  They helped me build the rigs and heat the house!  Several years on, they understand fully what crypto currencies are and the dangers inherent within.

We still mine other currencies and now we use what we mine to play at day trading.  Good family fun.
kwabeedat

Activity: 308

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 07:56:10 AM

i will suggest whenever your child starts to utilize the internet effectively. Bitcoin is all about the internet so anyone who judiciously uses the internet can be thaught about bitcoin.. That will also help the child understand it better as he/she grows
Mark 360

Activity: 26

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 08:13:42 AM

According to me the crypto teaching age should be above 18, because there are chances of a person earning lots of money easily. If a child starts earning lots of money easily he might get diverted from his studies.
Niceguyjoe85

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 08:14:41 AM

As long as the child is ready and can already read and analyze situation, as long as the child has a potential in reasoning and has the skills then it is much better to teach them as early as they learn so that they will grow in a world of industry and cn manage to earn money by themselves in the future.
VeganNation

Activity: 19

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 08:15:08 AM

There is no best age to teach them about crypto. If they're interested in it, of course, have fun with it and teach them all about it. Who know's if they'll be taught about it in school, it's the same situation with filing taxes and other real-life activities that kids ought to be taught in school but aren't.  
virendarnagpal

Activity: 672
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 08:15:32 AM

During my childhood I was given certain coins as my pocket money; I was free to decide where to consume those coins; and certain amount was given with the instructions to use that amount to purchase say for example note books; pencils ; pens ; books etc.  But that was physical currency much teachings were not required to deal with those coins but  crypto currency being digital in nature needs extra intelligence to deal with.  The child needs to appropriately trained with usage of internet and certain gadgets to make payments online enabling him purchase the articles they require.  The age can not be decided as a landmark for training them; one child may be intelligent and may learn its usage at very young age say 6 or 8 years but the other may not be so intelligent and may be capable to learn at the age of 13 or 14.  So it will depend on his intelligence.  But at every age he must be made aware about the importance of the  password and the importance of its  secrecy to be maintained. 
dhrazzen

Activity: 266

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 08:29:52 AM

In my own insight there is no specific age of a kids inorder for us to teach them about crypto. It is the choice of a child if he is interested enough to learn then teach him. You cannot force a child to learn, even on adults you cannot convince them to join bitcoin if they are not interested.  So,  as long as the child is willing to learn and understand what is crypto, start to teach the basic.
kalph22

Activity: 121
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 10:39:20 AM

No matter what age they are, you can teach them as long as they was interested in earning in their young age. But still, it's better if they're in high school, in this age they have knowledge in saving money, dream to earn a lot of money or wanting to get rich overnight. Grin Learning to do some signature campaigns or do some airdrops in their young age will help them in the future, so if they are ready to engage deeper in cypto world, they would have good experience  it will be easier to them to understand how Bitcoin works, how to do trade or on how investing will making them rich or earn a lot.
lampukoe lumo

Activity: 182
Merit: 20

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 10:45:06 AM

If I am more interested in teach children in the ages of 10 years down due to teach them about money kripto maybe they will gained the income is large enough in the young, and I also like to teach people at the age of 25 or 30 years since kabenyakan from people who was 25 years to the top already understand about money kripto and we are not too hard to teach him to because they’re already understand the online.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: