Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 02:58:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What age to teach kids about crypto?  (Read 2483 times)
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 02:38:38 PM

Hi everyone,

When is a good age to teach kids about crypto?  Any suggestions on how to go about it?  thanks Smiley

For me, the best time to teach children about bitcoins is when they are old enough to understand how money works and how digital currency works. They work both hand-in-hand. You can't learn about cryptocurrency without learning how fiat money and digital currency works in our society.
Basically that is when someone has known how to work money, in addition to children also must recognize the technology.
Bitcoin is part of a technology so a child who wants to know Bitcoin then he should be able to get to know the Technology.
All Bitcoin transactions are digital so that one must be fully prepared for everything that exists.
jassanpary

Activity: 420
Merit: 102

Arianee:Smart-link Connecting Owners,Assets,Brands

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 02:55:12 PM

I am considering around 15~19 because that age is a good age for learning and exploring . But bitcoin is really easy to turn people to bad due to free gambling so i still wonder about this question.
First kids must go through their primary education that's  very important once they enters college that could be the appropriate time to teach them about crypto, as they can understand about trading and investment at that age so better to start once they enter college.

.arianee ╢╟ Smart-link Connecting Owners, Assets And Brands
WhitePaper ◨ ◭ Ann Thread
Discord ►◄ Telegram ►◄ Reddit ►◄ Twitter ►◄ Instagram ►◄ Medium ►◄ Linkedin
joemanabat05

Activity: 168
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:55:18 AM

Why not now? Back in the day, kids learning financial literacy saved their allowance in a piggy bank, and crossed the basics of budgeting. These days, things may be a little more high-tech. Several initiatives of launched targeting children in a bid to teach them about cryptocurrency. So it is a wise idea to teach the kids in cryptocurrency. Because early bird catches the worms.
ufalo3

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 08:20:10 AM

I think the age of 18- 20 years already have a skill and to learn the important bitcoin world has menpunyai basic about knowing digital technology and understand the computer

I think you can start teaching your kids telling them about Bitcoin when they are small, 5-6 years old. Time changes, and our kids know much and they should learn more. Try to show them this kind of cartoons: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6svvC3JNic
sidebyside

Activity: 245
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 08:44:42 AM

Yes, I really want my child to learn Crypto. I want my child's future to work with it. This is a good way to make a profit. I think I will start teaching my child at the age of 15. It will help my child to have a better knowledge base with virtual money. I would point it out by looking at the currencies and how they traded to sell the currency

AleksandrKosov

Activity: 140
Merit: 12

PITCH – THE FUTURE OF OPPORTUNITY

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:41:38 PM

Hi everyone,

When is a good age to teach kids about crypto?  Any suggestions on how to go about it?  thanks Smiley
I think that the children themselves will come to this, if they need it. It is better to teach children mathematics, financial and legal literacy.

rainezerr401

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:44:26 PM

Hi everyone,

There is no exact age actually, it will depend on the person if he/she is really interested. You can orient people on how you are going to earn cryptocurrency and how to get a profit from it, in this way people will be more interested since everyone is striving to earn money.
android17

Activity: 259
Merit: 76

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:52:43 PM

Hi everyone,

I just want to know first if what is your reason of teaching Bitcoin to kids because they suppose to do works in school rather than engaging with this stuff.
If you have good intention like to teach them how to save it is okay no matter their age is as long as you should guide them. I have read about teaching it to introduce how to save and I think it was a good idea especially they are still young. I found that question to this forum also before.

▬[  dClinic.io  ]▬  
▌ A Comprehensive Healthcare Ecosystem Powered by Blockchain  ▌
▬▬  PRE SALE ENDS 15th OCTOBER▬▬ | Twitter  | Telegram  | ANN  | Medium  | LinkedIn  | Facebook| ▬▬
Javed zaman

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:17:36 PM

Children should be taught about crypto when they become mature enough to understand the value of money. Its good if crypto's been taught to children above 14-15 years.
swaptaker

Activity: 187

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:19:49 PM

Last day, i talk to my sister and tell her about the crypto currency. I explained on how it works and how to get profit in this crypto world.
She is 13 year old grade 8 student, she said to me she's not ready and only her focus in study in school.
I think 18 years old and above.

The age of 10 could be a good starting point for the children. If they're below the age 10, they won't be able to understand what bitcoin is. It's easier for them after they are 10 years old. 
nalinpuri

Activity: 130
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:31:09 PM

The right age for a person to know about crypto is 18 and above because a person becomes mature enough to understand Cryptocurrency and he is able to invest in crypto by himself.
siguria

Activity: 90
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:34:47 PM

i believe that it is not related with age because as soon as a person understand what is money and how it is used in the market and what gives the value to the money than it would be the correct time to teach the cryptos.
bayong

Activity: 197

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:36:10 PM

The age of kids to teach crypto maybe 16 to 17.Because maybe they have enough experience and maybe the have a lot of knowledge in bitcoin.In my experience my niece that i told her about Bitcoin he just loading.Don't know the idea of it.she was 15.
redhondaxrm125

Activity: 266

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:40:31 PM

Hi everyone,

well, the way i see it, there really is no such thing as an age requirement with regards into teaching children anything about bitcoins or crypto currencies as a whole. because you see, every child/person is different from the other, although they tend to go the same way in maturity(which is up), they do not reach every stage at the same time. some reaches earlier or later than the other. as a parent, you will have to do this by your parent instincts alone and just try to understand your child, observe him/her and take a closer look at his mental developments. if you think that the child is already able to comprehend properly if you teach him/her about money, then later on, you can proceed into introducing cryptos to that child.
hope this helps man. good luck on explaining this to your child. Smiley
PatronRH

Activity: 322

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:03:06 PM

Depends on which time you are living in. That depends in how does crypto interferes with the economy. Nowadays we simply shouldn't they will hear about it eventually and show interest when they are old enough. Maybe in the future when crypto becomes more important in our life and usually used. We should tell them about it at an early age. Anyway they would know about it the same way we knew about real currency.

.GlobeCas.The Turest Entertainment Journey
#Licensed  #Gambling #Experienced Team #All-in-One Platform #Live Streaming #Revulotion
[Website] | [Telegram] | [Whitepaper] | [Facebook] | [Youtube] | [Twitter] | [LinkedIn] | [Medium]
Rozita

Activity: 658
Merit: 108

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:05:48 PM

Now bitcoin is not used for daily transactions. So there is no need to teach kids about it. But If they are curious about it, we should teach them. Bitcoin is now an asset and it is used only by investors.
shloma82

Activity: 85
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:18:01 PM

I think they will learn themselves and faster than us. Children now seem to be born with gadgets and electronics. Grin
Tungsten-1

Activity: 994
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:32:55 PM

I think the age of 18- 20 years already have a skill and to learn the important bitcoin world has menpunyai basic about knowing digital technology and understand the computer

I think you can start teaching your kids telling them about Bitcoin when they are small, 5-6 years old. Time changes, and our kids know much and they should learn more. Try to show them this kind of cartoons: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6svvC3JNic
This age is too early to introduce the children about bitcoin and other crypto. Understanding this concept of bitcoin is not an easy thing to learn and it really needs you to have good understanding level to understand this concept in a good way. You can teach your kids about bitcoin once they reach to the age of around 14-18 years. This will help them in understanding this concept in a better way and later on, they will be able to use it for better earning.
laravuemaster

Activity: 378

When Football meets Crypto

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:35:15 PM

Hi everyone,

teenager is the best age to teach kids about bitcoins because in this stage, some of them are already thinking on how they are going to be wealthy someday and because of that, they might get interested quickly when you tell them about the benefits of cryptocurrency.

newb-dev

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:36:10 PM

Teach children whenever you consider they are ready for it. Some of them already tend to be businessmen so they should also know about bitcoin and other crypto
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: