Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 02:17:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What age to teach kids about crypto?  (Read 2483 times)
syntac

Activity: 338
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 04:20:25 AM

Hi everyone,

When is a good age to teach kids about crypto?  Any suggestions on how to go about it?  thanks Smiley
Looks like the age of 6 years is enough to be taught about crypto, but we can not teach in a way like adults. Children still need to play and learn, let's teach kids about crypto by making educational toys related to crypto, I'm sure they'll quickly understand as well as love it.
mindfly09

Activity: 405

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 04:30:23 PM

I think even in their younger age we need to introduce and teach our kids about crypto. Age is doesn't matter, especially today that almost of our children has already knowledge how to use gadgets, i think they can understand it immediately. At the young age we should teach them before its too late so that they have already knowledge about bitcoin early, because today btc is popular currency and this is very useful as they grow.
Mymikagab

Activity: 574
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 04:53:15 PM

I think the best time to teach kids is no thats not the rigth time because kids need focus on their study and enjoyng of being a kids.Im a mother so i care what my kids doing,so crypto is not easy to used to kids so maybe 18 years old thats what i want to teach them how to crypto
Kisanaq

Activity: 700
Merit: 277

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 05:18:53 PM

I think cryptocurrency is very easy to understand, as long as the kids know the money then we can teach them about bitcoin right away and I'm sure that the age of 5 years is a good time to teach bitcoin to them.
Clement Kaliyar

Activity: 1302
Merit: 532

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 07:02:14 PM

in my opinion, we can teach cryptocurrency for children at high school. This is a good time for them can understand about cryptoworld. we should not teach too early, because it is not neccessary.
Why do you want to teach them about crypto currency in school and confuse the young kid,giving a small introduction is not a bad idea,but there is nothing i want to do when i am in school to learn something which i wont be interested in the first place to get an in depth detail about it,teaching them about decentralization and open source software is good if you are in college.If a kid is very much interested in technology he will learn it through internet.
ranz_18

Activity: 112
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 07:37:47 PM

Hi everyone,

When is a good age to teach kids about crypto?  Any suggestions on how to go about it?  thanks Smiley
I think there is no specific age to educate kids about crypto currencies. As long as the kids able to write, read and can comprehend on what he/she reads, then this kids is qualified enough to learn crypto currencies.
pearlsome

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

MST Decentralize Robust AI Trading Platform!

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 08:04:54 PM

My daughter is 15 years old. She says that in class 2 boys always look in their phones and check the altcoins' courses. They read, are interested, and I think they buy. They have their own debit cards, in fact it's easy. They are not adults, but they already know a lot about currencies. Therefore, if you want to teach your children something, then you need to start earlier than 15.

◎ SALE STARTS ON MAY 3rd ◎ UTC+7:00 ◎
◦ ◈ ◊ ◦ ◊ ◈ ◦ MSTCOIN.IO ◦ ◈ ◊ ◦ ◊ ◈ ◦
◎ Decentralize AI Cryptocurrency Trading Platform ◎
  ◦ ◈ ◊◊ ◈ ◦
 ◦ ◈ ◊ ◦ ◊ ◈ ◦
   ◦ ◈ ◊◊ ◈ ◦
Jetakenare

Activity: 149
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 05:00:55 AM

As early as possible. Just the way the child is currently forced to learn impractical subjects, might as well learn something useful. I am waiting till might daughters reach 7 years.
paxaway21

Activity: 364

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 05:11:57 AM

not in the age to learn the crypto the only thing you do is to guide them in the right way do not let them know instantly that they just have a hard time to teach you first easily
guoyu78

Activity: 1190
Merit: 541

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 05:15:56 AM

Hi everyone,

When is a good age to teach kids about crypto?  Any suggestions on how to go about it?  thanks Smiley

I think it depends on child capabilty to understand information. Cryptocurrency can look simple but involved complex analytics in some point and every child has different level of ability to learn even those children that share same age bracket.
In my opinion, it is better not to teach the kids about crypto currencies until and unless they get this much mature enough that they can understand this concept of crypto currency in a good way. There are lot of technical things which the small kids will be unable to understand at the early stages of their lives. We need to wait for the time until they are in a position to digest this concept.
dewi91

Activity: 490

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 06:06:03 AM
Last edit: February 07, 2018, 03:34:09 PM by dewi91

I have a daughter and now she is 2 years old, may be I have to wait more than 10 years to teach my daughter about crypto currency. to be honest I not really sure if crypto currency still exist or not at that time, but I really want to teach my children about it..
ashlyvash00

Activity: 434
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 06:09:13 AM

Hi everyone,

I gues the good age that you should teach kid is 13-15. On that stage there wanted to get cool stuff and buying some stuff. Thats why they are best teaching. Because if you teach a kid age with 7-11 they will not listen to you. Because they mind is always on play not earning money
genology

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 06:29:00 AM

I thibk there's no specific age but thet should be aware. Give them the freedom to explore on what they want including cryptocurrencies. If they are interested, then teach it to them. If they are not, then let them explore something else.

E l i g m a           AI-driven and blockchain-based cognitive commerce platform     
│| ███████████ |│    JOIN PRESALE   ★  March 20th  ★     │| ██████████ |│
WHITEPAPER      FACEBOOK     TELEGRAM      TWITTER      LINKEDIN      MEDIUM
Banulit

Activity: 674

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 06:52:13 AM

it's hard to teach crypto from the kids because kids want to play and play the game and that's the lifestyle of a kid. study,eat,play,sleep this is the cycle of life when you are a kids but if you are a teen this is the time to teach crypto and it is  easy to absorb the knowledge in crpto. Cheesy

wormgummy019

Activity: 328

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 06:57:50 AM

Hi everyone,

For me, 12 years old is enough age to teach children about bitcoin. Because in that age they know what is right and wrong and also in that age, they can explore the technology so they have enough knowledge to learn how to use bitcoin. In that age also they have some toys or something that they want to have so it is the time for them to earn money and use their own money to buy things they want to buy. They don't need to solicit money to their parents to buy something. They can also help their parents in early age if they know bitcoin in that age.
jakezyrus

Activity: 714

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 07:03:47 AM

Hi everyone,

When is a good age to teach kids about crypto?  Any suggestions on how to go about it?  thanks Smiley

For me, 12 years old is enough age to teach children about bitcoin. Because in that age they know what is right and wrong and also in that age, they can explore the technology so they have enough knowledge to learn how to use bitcoin. In that age also they have some toys or something that they want to have so it is the time for them to earn money and use their own money to buy things they want to buy. They don't need to solicit money to their parents to buy something. They can also help their parents in early age if they know bitcoin in that age.

12 yrs old is to young and too early to tech them about cryptos. they wont even understand the basics of it, therfor i suggest the correct age is 18 yrs old and above , so that they can now full understand the overall fundamentals of crypto on how does it work. not only that but also 18yrs old is the most legal age in any country in order to handle important transactions in regards to money.  If our child is not on the recomended age group then much better if we shouldnt force them to avoid any violations and problems in the future .
DrYe5

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 07:12:12 AM

Hi everyone,

I gues the good age that you should teach kid is 13-15. On that stage there wanted to get cool stuff and buying some stuff. Thats why they are best teaching. Because if you teach a kid age with 7-11 they will not listen to you. Because they mind is always on play not earning money
They must be 18 years of age to sign up for an account at an exchange, so a parent or guardian will have to help with this. Mastering how to buy and sell on an exchange can give them the confidence to manage their own investments when they get older.Children's learning should begin two years earlier.
RudeeTam

Activity: 299
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 07:16:22 AM

Maybe around high school once they have had basic economics taught to them. It's a great to way teach them about supply and demand and how prices are determined. I'd be amazed if this was taught to us back in the day.

● sgamepro ●   ❐ Telegram ❐   ❐ Whitepaper ❐     ● sgamepro ●
███   PLAY MOBILE GAMES MINE   ███
████ █     CRYPTO-TOKENS EARN REAL MONEY █ ████
iyanfoursix46

Activity: 250

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 07:22:29 AM

it's better to focus on the age and mind of a person so that knowledge here in crypto can grow like giving them a study in english and teach them how to get it bit by bit, you can teach them as early as possible, make sure that he will not leave his studies.
Jgatsby

Activity: 265

Pretty kewl right?

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 01:49:20 PM

I don't think its a great idea to teach kids about crypto, i would rather see kids enjoy their childhood rather than focusing on crypto, they will be kids only once so why not let them enjoy it  and when they come to an age where they could understand it then feel free to teach them. Don't teach kids. They will not understand it immediately. Kids have to enjoy their childhood. Maybe you should give them the idea but don't force them to do it. Teach an adult who wants to be independent. Teach them if they want to learn and to earn. They will absorb it, every details of it.
I think a child at Junior High School is good enough to understand about crypto and how to make money on the Internet. This is great especially for children who live in poverty and need money to pay for school, pay for their daily needs, and help their parents. If a child is under 13 years of age, maybe that will be hard for them. Because children at that age may still love playing games. But for children in Junior High School is enough to understand and surely can use it well. The easiest way to get kids to learn about this is, let them know that this can add to their pocket money. The money can be used to buy snacks, and buy games for them. I'm sure they'll be interested.
you're right, i really appreciate your insight, though i believe teaching Junior High School won't be an easy task, this is the age where kids tends to rebel and would rather trust their peers than the adults who truly cares for them, I haven't taught anyone under the age of 18 so i truly don't know, but if given the chance i would try it out and will be back for the result.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: