Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 08:23:48 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying my coffee with cryptos!  (Read 733 times)
Haunebu

Activity: 3094
Merit: 972

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 06:35:53 AM

It is obvious that bitcoin adoption is the key to other altcoins getting adopted for real world purposes. I don't understand why so many people feel that shops would accept other altcoins before bitcoin since everyone knows how popular bitcoin is. Initially, the shop would most likely accept bitcoin and if satisfied, will accept other popular crypto like Litecoin, Dashcoin, Ethereum, Ripple etc.

As the popularity of bitcoin continues to grow, more and more shops will accept bitcoin as an alternate source of payment and they might even support other popular altcoins in the future. Bitcoin is the key here.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
meldrio1

Activity: 1358
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 06:36:44 AM

Let´s say I want to open a coffee shop where you can buy your coffee ONLY with cryptos.

Which coin would you use for this case?  I would choose XRB, because it is very fast and there are no fees!

Please tell me your suggestions.
really XRB no fees? well that's perfect cryptocurrency for your coffee shop, how about dogecoin, dogecoin is popular just include dogecoin for your coffee shop payment.

almiani

Activity: 476

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 06:38:22 AM

very practical and fun indeed, but various rules and policies in various countries not all legalize altcoin / bitcoin as currency and payment transaction

batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 06:40:08 AM

Ill definitely use Bitcoin because of its worldwide popularity and there are more people have bitcoins than other cryptocurrencies.
Yes bitcoin is popular but on this case of buying coffee with crypto, you might even pay for the TX fee higher than the coffee itself. It doesn't matter if bitcoin is widely accepted but someone that wants to drink a coffee worth $5 isn't willing to pay $8 fee. Altcoins that are suggested by majority are XRB and XLM, I'll go with doge if it's for the cheap fee. I haven't tried other altcoins that has been said that doesn't need any fee or the fee is only 0.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Master_noder

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 06:40:42 AM

I'd probably use ETH
neinnein125

Activity: 475
Merit: 251

VTOS

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 06:56:05 AM

I think I wouldn't prefer to spend bitcoin or ethereum as currency. Fees are quite high now. But I think that its okay to spend litecoins, its fast enough and fees are low enough. Price is stabilized too.

▄█████████████████████▄
  ▄
█████████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████████▄
▀█████████████████████████████▀
 ▀████
███████████████████████▀
  ▀██
███████████████████████▀
    ███████████████████████
     ████
█████████████████
      ████
██████████████
       █████████████████
        ███████████████
         ▀███████████▀
          ▀█████████▀
V T O S      ███
      ▀▀▀

▄▀  ▄▄▄
   ▀    ███
███
     ▄ ▄
▀▀▀ ▄  ▐▌ ▐▌
     ███   █
    ▄▀▀▀▄  ▐▌
   █ █   ▀ ▄▄▄
  ▀   █    ███
 ███
   █  ▄
 ▀▀▀ ▄  ▄▄▄
      ▀ ███
      ███
      ▀▀▀

▄▀  ▄▄▄
   ▀    ███
███
     ▄ ▄
▀▀▀ ▄  ▐▌ ▐▌
     ███   █
    ▄▀▀▀▄  ▐▌
   █ █   ▀ ▄▄▄
  ▀   █    ███
 ███
   █  ▄
 ▀▀▀ ▄  ▄▄▄
      ▀ ███
⚫ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ⚫
FACEBOOK     TELEGRAM
MEDIUM    TWITTER     GITHUB

⚫ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ⚫
      ███
      ▀▀▀

▄▀  ▄▄▄
   ▀    ███
███
     ▄ ▄
▀▀▀ ▄  ▐▌ ▐▌
     ███   █
    ▄▀▀▀▄  ▐▌
   █ █   ▀ ▄▄▄
  ▀   █    ███
 ███
   █  ▄
 ▀▀▀ ▄  ▄▄▄
      ▀ ███
kpierce77
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 06:58:43 AM

Maybe doge is the right choice, with fast deals. because if we open the store, I think efficiency is the main one to influence customer satisfaction, so I think dogecoin is altcoin suitable for this
nox138

Activity: 49

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 07:01:21 AM

Verge and LBTC.
hitrawal91

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

BitcoinSN - The Real Bitcoin!!!

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2018, 07:01:33 AM

Let´s say I want to open a coffee shop where you can buy your coffee ONLY with cryptos.

Which coin would you use for this case?  I would choose XRB, because it is very fast and there are no fees!

If the coffee shop is in the main city then it would be a great value to open a business otherwise i don't think that opening a coffee shop and allowing the crypto payments will give you good business returns. Anyways the best option for using the coins is XRB, XLM, and also Neocoin which i think is going to be used in future for coffee shops and also it wouldn't be surprising to us if we could see these above-listed coins be used in the E-commerce store, Shopify store, and many more other places.

▬▬ ● ● BitCoinSN ● ● ▬▬
▰▰ LITEPAPER ▰▰▰▰   The Original Bitcoin!!!  ▰▰▰▰ ANN THREAD ▰▰
▲▼  WEB SITE  ▲▼ TWITTER  ▲▼ TELEGRAM  ▲▼ FACEBOOK   ▲▼ DISCORD  ▲▼
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 07:04:55 AM

obviously bitcoin!

because it is the most well known, and most adopted cryptocurrency around the whole world. if anyone has any cryptocurrency they have bitcoin.
bitcoin is the most tested code which makes it the most secure cryptocurrency to use with nearly zero chance of serious bugs whereas altcoins are considered high risk and they have already caused millions to be lost.
bitcoin has the biggest network and with the huge hashrate has the most secure one too.
bitcoin, unlike majority of altcoins, is decentralized so you know that it won't  change overnight if someone decided to.

regarding fees that everyone is scared of these days, you can start running a Lightning Node which has been out a while and you can start accepting payments as small as 1 satoshi without any fees and without any kind of delays. by the time you open your coffee shop and start setting up the node, it will be battle hardened too.

this is how it will look like buying coffee from StarBucks using bitcoin and lightning network
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a73Gz3Tvx3k

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Durr_1412

Activity: 350
Merit: 112

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 07:05:08 AM

I agree with you, XRB. However I prefer XLM and GAS also.
jakiro.hovard

Activity: 504

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 07:09:04 AM

Very cool of course that this may be possible, but probably it all depends on what country you live in, because in many countries payments in crypto currency are still banned at the state level, so we can only be envious
andthereyou

Activity: 616
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 07:53:33 AM
Last edit: January 25, 2018, 06:27:31 AM by andthereyou

Which coin would you use for this case?  I would choose XRB, because it is very fast and there are no fees!

I think any coin will do for me. Because not all people own XRB. So for those people that own ETH will pay ETh and BTC will pay BTC which is equivalent to the price you have set for a certain coffee in your shop. It will be Okay as long as someone is willing to pay.
pochtalionin

Activity: 266

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 07:58:09 AM

If you want your idea to become successful, then you do not need to choose only one coin. Give people the opportunity to choose from a large number of coins.
semarmesem195

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 08:16:30 AM

I advise you to choose coin that is used by many people, such as ETH, LTC, BCH. Although it takes time and there is a transaction fee, but if you provide services such as sharing knowledge about crypto, maybe customers will not be disappointed with it. That way visitors who come to your store not only for coffee but also chatting around crypto. Especially if you give a discount then there will be many visitors who come to your shop

TRADE, EARN & OWN THE EXCHANGE           M o o n X           [    ●    JOIN ICO   -   S O O N    ●    ]
──────────     WHITEPAPER     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     LINKEDIN     TELEGRAM     CRUNCHBASE     ──────────
►   No Trading or ICO Listing Fees      ►   Superior to Nasdaq & LSE       ►   US$ 29M Raised in 2 Weeks!
mpufatzis

Activity: 840
Merit: 128

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2018, 09:08:56 AM

The best option would be to chose more than 3 alt coins for that. Litecoin should be one of them.
Your customers will have different coins and you don't want to lose them. The most difficult would be to find suppliers accepting cryptos and even if you find, you need to pay your taxes. You can't pay them in cryptos yet so I think that you should accept fiat too.
If your crypto customers would pay slightly less for a coffee than your fiat customers, then you would introduce new people to cryptocurrency.
Garisson

Activity: 187
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2018, 09:32:54 AM

My choice is Litecoin!
Because it is now everywhere. Soon transactions will be nearly free. LN is on the way.
Maybe now it's not instant, but i can wait 1-2 minutes before 1st confirmation)

Litecoin <3
herromerro

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 09:36:27 AM

I don't know which one I choose but definitely wouldn't choose Bitcoin, as it almost lost that micro payment function IMO.
Altas

Activity: 366

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 09:42:43 AM

With the ongoing network congestion people have different opinion regarding the usage of cryptocurrency for faster confirmation which is a must with marketplace acceptance and for a sustained usage. In this regard I would prefer Eth. Hope to see more shops to start accepting ethereum.
erox

Activity: 308
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 09:44:00 AM

Yes, xrp is very good for this! I think you can also use this for ltc and doge.

NAVIBRATION  -  feel your way   |   The way of knowing the world, reinvented
▬▬   WHITEPAPER   :   ONE PAGER   ▶  WATCH INTRO
FACEBOOK   ●   TWITTER   ●   TELEGRAM   ●   LINKEDIN   ●   YOUTUBE
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: