Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 02:34:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: If a Bank Bought XRP at $.15 and Uses it to Send $$ on Ripple Network...  (Read 115 times)
theycallmebruce? (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2018, 03:11:10 AM

I'm wondering why banks don't buy up as much XRP as they can (when the price has dipped).  If ta bank bought XRP at $.15, and that same XRP is $1.39 on the exchanges, aren't they going to be making even more profit when they use XRP to send money on the Ripple network?

What I'm getting at is this:  if banks are increasingly using the Ripple network and it seems like Ripple is going to own most of SWIFT's current market share, why wouldn't banks be rushing to buy up XRP at lower prices so that they don't have to buy XRP at a higher price later?

I must be missing something, because you'd think if this were true, banks would make an investment in their future and make huge purchases when they perceive the price to be lower than a likely future price.
thrax

Activity: 253
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 03:35:42 AM
Last edit: January 22, 2018, 04:43:31 AM by thrax

If banks adopted ripple they would probably start their own private ledger and run it themselves. It's unlikely they would use the same ripple network everyone else does. In that case they wouldn't care about transaction fees.

Ripple transaction fees are negligible. If banks decided to use the current ripple network to process thousands of transactions the cost in fees would be insignificant anyway. They wouldn't need huge quantities of ripple for fees, or care what they cost..
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: