Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 10:43:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you believe that FTC should investigate Butterfly Labs?
Yes
No

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [POLL] Petition to have the FTC investigate BF Labs Inc. in Kansas [POLL]  (Read 2120 times)
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2013, 11:57:38 PM
Last edit: August 24, 2013, 04:24:31 PM by Phinnaeus Gage

The link of this thread will be sent to the FTC if the yea votes surpass 200 and the nay votes constitute less than 25% of the yea votes.

To be fair, I have started the voting with a no, for I firmly believe this will be the only time that category will be ahead of the yes votes. I will not be using any of my other accounts on this forum to up the obvious side.

Let the voting begin!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 01:20:51 AM

Considering I filed a formal complaint with the FTC, it would be my pleasure to testify against them should it go court.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2013, 01:36:43 AM

Considering I filed a formal complaint with the FTC, it would be my pleasure to testify against them should it go court.

I simply figured the FTC would rather see a petition than read 100's of emails.
btcdrak
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 04:07:39 AM
Last edit: August 24, 2013, 04:25:32 AM by btcdrak

Vote with your feet, by filing a real complaint - it only takes a few minutes at https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/ - The FTC will only take action if they receive a number of real complaints.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 05:11:35 AM

Vote with your feet, by filing a real complaint - it only takes a few minutes at https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/ - The FTC will only take action if they receive a number of real complaints.

Done

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2013, 06:47:25 AM

I did a while back.

I honestly don't see why it would take several filings before they act, when one letter should do it.

It's obvious even to most brain-dead person that nobody has or will receive what they paid for a year ago. Case in point, is the missing PSUs which, by the way, allows BFL to make more money on the shipping since the boxes will be lighter.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sonny Vleisides charges his employees for using the toilet paper.
btcdrak
Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 07:10:57 AM

I did a while back.

I honestly don't see why it would take several filings before they act, when one letter should do it.

They say this on the FTC website

Why: Your complaints can help us detect patterns of wrong-doing, and lead to investigations and prosecutions. The FTC enters all complaints it receives into Consumer Sentinel, a secure online database that is used by thousands of civil and criminal law enforcement authorities worldwide. The FTC does not resolve individual consumer complaints.

So there is power in numbers. It will take time, but we must all speak up by filing individual complaints.
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1754

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 11:59:25 AM

I did a while back.

It's obvious even to most brain-dead person that nobody has or will receive what they paid for a year ago. Case in point, is the missing PSUs which, by the way, allows BFL to make more money on the shipping since the boxes will be lighter.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sonny Vleisides charges his employees for using the toilet paper.

The regulators and law enforcement have to make a conscious decision to pursue a matter of this type (which is why more complaints = more likely they will spend resources to investigate).  Even if they know about it (which they clearly do at this point) they may decide (for any number of reasons) not to pursue it.  With that said IF they do decide to "go after" BFL it will be methodical, slow and fact based.  They will take there time and build a rock solid case (remember a win is all that matters to these folks and their careers, not the consumers best interest).  Lastly there is a very real possibility that the AG may be diving much deeper than say UCC laws, FTC regulations.  If they are investigating BFL and Sonny they may be looking for other violations.  There as so many laws on the books that they may be looking at other avenues to pursue as well.  IANAL and I don't have specifics in mind but it's not hard to believe they may be looking at mail fraud, wire fraud, false advertising tax evasion and the list goes on for a long time.

Just because law enforcement hasn't taken action yet doesn't mean they aren't and won't however you and I won't hear about it until well after BFL does!  They will not tip their hand and they have all the time in the world so to speak.

How long did it take from Pirate disappearing until the SEC weighed in last month?  DO NOT believe Josh when he says that just because no one is doing anything right now that things are not being done.

In 2006 the USA passed the UIEGA which was aimed at stopping online gambling in the US.  A few brazen poker sites still served the US and they "allowed" two of the biggest sites to serve US customers for almost 5 years before going balls deep with indictments on those two corps.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=277193.msg2960327#msg2960327
bronan

Activity: 774
Merit: 500

Lazy Lurker Reads Alot

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 12:04:56 PM

I filed last week a formal complaint at FTC about butterfly labs and would like to see them before justice.
I am scammed by butterfly labs and they know it.
Have been sending constant email and messages to them about my complaint and they simply refuse to answer in a correct manner or solve the problem.
I am now searching ways to legally get them to either give me satisfaction or i keep trying to find ways to close them down.
Sadly i do not live in the usa, very lucky for them. Because i am a pitbull and will never ever give up untill justice has been served in any way
Who did me harm will one day get my fun on them as soon as i found a way to hurt you back, no matter how long it takes me.
Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 02:50:17 PM

I did a while back.

Lets not forget that we already paied for the PSU's so that we would have one

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2013, 03:40:28 PM

Has anyone actually tried visiting their headquarters? I've seen the video where they take apart the Jalapeno miner so I'm half convinced but they look like one of the worst companies ever really with the amount of rage they cause, I'm actually feeling less like hating on Virgin Media now because of this despite how badly they do sometimes Cheesy.
hous

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 04:10:03 PM

Sadly i do not live in the usa, very lucky for them.

If my pre-order was a Mini Rig,  I would be catching the next plane to Josh's House and would not leave in till my order was in was my hands.

ill climb in his bedroom and wake him up !! 'Josh wake up where's my Mini Rig'!! Come on your going to get it now plus a extra one for taking the piss !!!

Really amazed that no crazy meth heads have not robbed that place ages ago with all them meth making machines they got!!!!
 '' I am sure that's how they would see it''

Plus so many people waiting for old orders and Butterfly Labs are designing new 600gh toys for preorder WTF!! such a fucking scam!! Surly you would want your business up to date before paying or spending time on new devices they live in lala land!!  

Rant over!

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2013, 04:14:15 PM

The order was a Jalapeno initially. I paid to upgrade it to a 60gh/s SC Single, and BFL confirmed that I would not lose my place in line.

The bit-pay guys know the number BFL's database started at, and it was with my order. I placed it within ten seconds of BFL opening the forms, and nobody on the forums claimed a previous preorder until BFL started lying about it. I'm not going to be easily convinced that over 50 people placed orders via paypal exclusively in those ten seconds.

BFL: What's your excuse for this one?

Calm the fck down,

The reason why there are orders b4 you was the last FPGA orders were allowed to convert to ASICs. They've automatically become the first ones in line.

For new orders, its true that you're the first.

Nemesis is correct. There are a number of orders that are before the first Bitpay order, dating back well before #1600.  Garr, you can officially piss off at this point and take your accusations and stick them straight up your ass.  I tried to be nice and I wanted to help you and you give me all sorts of shit and accusations.  This is why we no longer give a shit about this forum;  Everyone here is monumental assholes, no matter how accommodating one tries to be.  Garr, you'll get your order when it comes up in the queue, I'm done looking into your problems or trying to help you.
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 07:19:33 PM

The fact that a suspected criminal like Josh Zerlan considers us monumental assholes, is a point of pride.

Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 03:17:48 AM

The fact that a suspected criminal like Josh Zerlan considers us monumental assholes, is a point of pride.

Wich is worth close to nothing in a court of law

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 01:29:38 PM

Wich is worth close to nothing in a court of law

But more than ample in the court of public opinion.

Josh Zerlan = Shady.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2013, 11:24:45 PM

Yea from me.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
btcdrak
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 05:20:13 PM

The Kansas DA has started an investigation: http://www.reddit.com/r/BitcoinMining/comments/1l5oz5/kansas_ag_replied_to_my_consumer_protection/
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2013, 05:39:58 PM

Finally.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2013, 08:59:49 AM

I have closed several BFL threads, but opt to keep this one open for the time being.

Let's try to keep the conversation as civil as possible. Rumor has it that I may, or may not, have drank some Kool Aid, but if I did, the flavor was raspberry.

Seriously, I have an invite from Josh to visit BFL's facility of which I've kindly accepted. After my return, regardless of any findings, my dialogs will all be of the civil nature.

Honestly, it was getting to the point that I began developing a hatred, and I don't like that feeling. I honestly even hate the word hate (no pun intended). This is not who I am, nor want to be as a person.

If something nefarious is transpiring at some company, bringing attention to as many facts as possible is one thing; beating the proverbial dead horse is another. Unfortunately, that is exactly what I, among other, were doing. I'm sure there's a way to civilly beat a dead horse opposed to name calling or which I resorted to.

Shame on me!
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: