Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:44:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How would we know which cryptocurrency would be Scam?  (Read 3070 times)
Owl129

Activity: 203
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 01:57:13 PM

i have no idea if there are coins that are just a scam, if ever that coin is used in a scam ICO then maybe it really is a scam but coins that are used in paying for good ICO projects then it is not a scam instead it has a promising future ahead, means it will probably increase its price in the future. I knew some coins but with low price you can think of most of the coins as real or not scam but will they last for a few months or year because maybe they will lose its value in the future. I suggest just invest in coins that has a valuable price and some coins that have high price such as bitcoin and ethereum.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jostorres

Activity: 2464
Merit: 585

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 05:57:43 AM
Merited by wuvdoll (1)

If you mean ICOs, then you should make a complete research on their teams, their social media platform, investigate their profiles in LinkedIn but don't be fooled some of the profile still tends to be fake. You should also read their white paper, probably you might see if it may interest you to invest in. But be VERY careful, after all this, there are still some fake ICO that would pass all this and still be a scam. You just have to  be careful.
The truth is that there is no way to find out, unless someone else or you yourself falls victim of scam in that site. Even if you make research, you will only find out whether an exchanger or ICO is a scam from people that reported as case of being scammed online by them. That’s why I’m not used to all these new stuffs that claims to give heaven and earth, they’re all fake.

I prefer the old popular ones in the market. Another way to find out if an exchanger is scam or not is from what they promise in return. Some of them will claim that if you deposit $100, you will $10,000 in a week. Wow, what type of organization would give such an amount? It’s a SCAAAMMM!!!!!!

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
@prashant

Activity: 896
Merit: 505

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 06:18:56 AM

never invest in individual altcoin as they are majority scam ,developing from scratch is very difficult so majority of project go for token base ,usually these scam have been reduced compared to previous as people invest in project which are escrowed funds,always make sure to invest in project which have good team and are using escrower and avoid scam link.
Cryptochuchis

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 10:38:33 PM
Last edit: December 23, 2018, 02:32:07 PM by Cryptochuchis

Thank you all for the advice!!
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 09:22:24 AM

If you mean ICOs, then you should make a complete research on their teams, their social media platform, investigate their profiles in LinkedIn but don't be fooled some of the profile still tends to be fake. You should also read their white paper, probably you might see if it may interest you to invest in. But be VERY careful, after all this, there are still some fake ICO that would pass all this and still be a scam. You just have to  be careful.
The truth is that there is no way to find out, unless someone else or you yourself falls victim of scam in that site. Even if you make research, you will only find out whether an exchanger or ICO is a scam from people that reported as case of being scammed online by them. That’s why I’m not used to all these new stuffs that claims to give heaven and earth, they’re all fake.

I prefer the old popular ones in the market. Another way to find out if an exchanger is scam or not is from what they promise in return. Some of them will claim that if you deposit $100, you will $10,000 in a week. Wow, what type of organization would give such an amount? It’s a SCAAAMMM!!!!!!
You can always find out. You do not need to fall victim or someone else should fall victim, the handwriting is always written all over the wall and it just requires some little research on your part to be able to get that done.

Most people who have fallen victim are always the ones who blindly invest in a project without checking out if they are qualified or not. Have you checked the team, do they have a product, do they have any past achievements, do they have what to look forward to regarding development ? All these are the questions you need to always ask.
imstillthebest

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 09:51:07 AM

If you mean ICOs, then you should make a complete research on their teams, their social media platform, investigate their profiles in LinkedIn but don't be fooled some of the profile still tends to be fake. You should also read their white paper, probably you might see if it may interest you to invest in. But be VERY careful, after all this, there are still some fake ICO that would pass all this and still be a scam. You just have to  be careful.

You can always find out. You do not need to fall victim or someone else should fall victim, the handwriting is always written all over the wall and it just requires some little research on your part to be able to get that done.

Most people who have fallen victim are always the ones who blindly invest in a project without checking out if they are qualified or not. Have you checked the team, do they have a product, do they have any past achievements, do they have what to look forward to regarding development ? All these are the questions you need to always ask.

To be honest i actually check all of those you mentioned above but unfortunately i have Still been scammed on the past. that is why i can say that it is really hard to find out if a coin or crypto is a scam. but i now learned my lesson , that is why i didnt invest immediately to an unknown coin even if the specs is good or the supply is low. i now only focus to bitcoin and etherium because im confident that my invested capital wont be wasted.
atjiat

Activity: 1204
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2018, 09:15:59 PM

Hey, in my opinion, investing in ICO's is a bit dangerous... most of them are scammers. So in case you are planning to invest in a ICO, make sure you do your research. Get to know more about the project, their team, check their website... Try to check every single thing, that way you will reduce the risk of losing your money due to a scam. Hope it helps!  Grin
at least from this there is no means to protect yourself from fraud. Even with full information about the Project, you can still be deceived. Scammers also know what they are doing and trying to be as convincing as possible.
richminded

Activity: 798
Merit: 268

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 11:24:56 PM

Hey, in my opinion, investing in ICO's is a bit dangerous... most of them are scammers. So in case you are planning to invest in a ICO, make sure you do your research. Get to know more about the project, their team, check their website... Try to check every single thing, that way you will reduce the risk of losing your money due to a scam. Hope it helps!  Grin
at least from this there is no means to protect yourself from fraud. Even with full information about the Project, you can still be deceived. Scammers also know what they are doing and trying to be as convincing as possible.

Definitely, some of them succeed on their ICO but failed to work for their project after that. It's hard to tell now which ICO's are legit cause most of them works very well on their site and even with the team so if you don't want to take much risk better not to participate on any ICO, or if you really want that project then participate but don't expect something in return for just a year.
futile-resistance

Activity: 840
Merit: 516

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 12:54:52 PM

But why would you be jumping into any cryptocurrency you see online, why not just concentrate on one only? If you keep on going from one to the other like this, you will end up being scammed that’s it.

If you don’t want to get scammed, or maybe you can’t afford to lose money, you better just stick with the first-20 cryptocurrencies or just the ones listed on coinmarketcap.com. Any other cryptocurrency apart from theones listed there, is likely to end up as a scam. It’s left for you to choose.
raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 06:05:33 PM

Just plain simple! If the team looks like those who cannot manage money well, and they do not even have the slightest experience to pull whatever they want to do of, before even considering the cryptocurrency or ICO at all, then such a project is obviously a scam. There is no need brushing the faces and thinking something good may end up coming out of something that obviously does not even sound right. Like you said, it takes being extremely careful to be able to make good decisions when it comes to investment.
LuffyD.Monkey

Activity: 336
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 08:33:27 AM

i have no idea if there are coins that are just a scam, if ever that coin is used in a scam ICO then maybe it really is a scam but coins that are used in paying for good ICO projects then it is not a scam instead it has a promising future ahead, means it will probably increase its price in the future. I knew some coins but with low price you can think of most of the coins as real or not scam but will they last for a few months or year because maybe they will lose its value in the future. I suggest just invest in coins that has a valuable price and some coins that have high price such as bitcoin and ethereum.
Yes, there are so many of them and they are called shit coins. There are so many coins that have been abandoned by the devs, some the community is still just bag holding while the devs still keeps deceiving them, some after so many years still do not have a product and they are now a product of pump and dumps, those are the kind of coins we are talking about. Stay away from them, otherwise you will end up with shit coins, they are scam coins and that is all they will ever be. Not all listed coins on exchanges are considered good.
pureclckr

Activity: 243
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 11:32:13 AM

never invest in individual altcoin as they are majority scam ,developing from scratch is very difficult so majority of project go for token base ,usually these scam have been reduced compared to previous as people invest in project which are escrowed funds,always make sure to invest in project which have good team and are using escrower and avoid scam link.
In fact, to always be safe, I would say never to invest in a project that does not have any product or does not look like a product that can ever be useful. Some will end up promising you different stuffs, giving you the idea that they have not even put into work, those are the kind of projects to run away from when it comes to ICO, or even any coin or token, no matter if they are listed or not. The product is what drives the coin and the devs are the ones that drives the coins further with the project development.
kcollins1971

Activity: 11

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 11:35:20 AM

I am not a crypto pro but usually when you see a coin that has like price 75% gains for the last 24 hours and only has like $324 dollars in volume....that drives me nuts but there will always be scams and it makes it hard for me to decipher between a coin that may be legit but just not have a lot of publicity yet or a coin that has two or three jerkoffs trading coins to pump it up.
blckhawk

Activity: 1484
Merit: 326

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 02:26:32 PM

As of now there are 1500+ cryptocurrency exists in the world.
Many dead many rising and many has to come.
So how can i know the currency  ,where i am putting my money is not a part of scam?
Or is there any other way so we can check about respected crypto might be it'll work?
Well it is tough to determine if that cryptocoin is scam or not hence, in order to avoid this issue we should be wise on the coin that we are going to choose like knowing the background of the developer and look if it is trusted. Moreover, you could also determine on its volume, the higher volume the coins has the less risk of being a scam. For now that is how I determine the coins if it is scam or not.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
IMAR

Activity: 314
Merit: 20

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 11:27:52 PM

You really have to do your due diligence to to check the company, the background, the team behind and so on in order to verify it is a scam. What I observed nowadays is mostly legit. The only question is, is it going to fail or succeed.
farhana89446

Activity: 17

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 04:02:44 AM

It's can't know anyone without God and Admin.
rajkr

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 06:44:22 AM

Really it is the main problem with crypto currency. And it is very difficult to check the lagality of any currency.The only method is to read various blogs and to know majority opinion on board.
Budugbass

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 06:58:46 AM

If for me personally, i just look from coinmarketcap.. and see some of the top coins are visible there. And for me.. i don't really care about the crypto that's not famous yet or very strange when i know it. Well i just following the flow of crypto development from time to time related to its popularity among many people and from a various sources including my closest friend that more experienced in crypto, often i ask to him.

Just keep deepening about cryptocurrency from a various sources, the longer.. your knowledge would be more widespread and would be more careful.
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 08:40:34 AM

Yeah, sometimes you can be deceived, but it would take a lot of not finding some information for you to get deceived. The mistake a lot of people make is to concentrate on whitepaper, the roadmap and living the main idea of finding out about the team. This is an internet age, and there is no information you need about a team that you will not get.

I remember how some guy who claims to be the CEO of a project's ICO and said he is an English man. In fact, I started suspecting from the use of English on the website, and then decided to want to have a chat with him, only for him to bail out. LinkedIn profile for all members were all new, and for those who claimed to be IT professionals and professional in their industry? Come on!
gabinsight

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2018, 09:56:16 AM

Well obviously some cryptocurrencies are introduced with a foundation to scam investors, but thats very few compared to the number that is actually introduced for a good purpose. Well as for those introduced for a good purspose one of the reason they finally turn out looking like scam is the fact that couldn't meet the expected target so the coin ends up being almost worthless. At such situations some the cryptocurrency inventors gets discouraged and closes the campaign with the little they have earned.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: