Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:22:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How would we know which cryptocurrency would be Scam?  (Read 3074 times)
richjohn

Activity: 574
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 08:10:14 AM

There are a few methods to guess whether an ICO would be a scam or not.
First of all, check out the team working on ICO and then the individual profiles.
Then, look at the project and its offering. If the creators are being over ambitious, then chances are high that it could end up being a scam.
You can also check the ICOs performance and see whether it is achieving its targets. That also tells a lot about credibility of an ICO.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
linshisui38

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2018, 09:10:13 AM

As of now there are 1500+ cryptocurrency exists in the world.
Many dead many rising and many has to come.
So how can i know the currency  ,where i am putting my money is not a part of scam?
Or is there any other way so we can check about respected crypto might be it'll work?

Encryption for fraud money market can't again appropriate: something new, covered with "black technology" tall on the jacket, as well as the support of a large number of media hype, the last is a complex technology, at least not delve into the ordinary people simply don't understand, this is very beneficial to fool.

Eventually we will find that blockchain fraud is not much different from other types of investment fraud, but is "old wine in new bottles".

Whether it's dressed up as an ICO or a hedge fund, the basics are pretty much the same: convince greedy people that they can get rich without hard work.
shesheboy

Activity: 714
Merit: 114

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 10:02:14 AM

There are a few methods to guess whether an ICO would be a scam or not.
First of all, check out the team working on ICO and then the individual profiles.
Then, look at the project and its offering. If the creators are being over ambitious, then chances are high that it could end up being a scam.
You can also check the ICOs performance and see whether it is achieving its targets. That also tells a lot about credibility of an ICO.

op is talking about the general cryptocurrency and not only in ico however ico is much easier to spot if it is scam or not. You can always look at their specs such as white paper, website , road map ,etc. You can then tell whether they are legit or not but in the case of cryptos it actually difficult. There were many coins lately and most of them are just identical to each other although their names is quite different. Much better if you can just invest on the trusted and popular ones in order to be safe from being scammed.
easemypain

Activity: 448
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2018, 06:08:27 PM

What I always advise people to look out for in any project before wholeheartedly investing, is the team, unlike this project The Dbrain team is made up of industry-renowned professionals and has already launched several AI products that we will be expanding on the Dbrain platform.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
https://www.minter.networ
naidray
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 07:07:44 AM

So how can i know the currency  ,where i am putting my money is not a part of scam?
Or is there any other way so we can check about respected crypto might be it'll work?

There is no way to for sure if a cryptocurrency is a scam. All cryptocurrencies start well and they didn't just begin as a scam. They just along the years lose value and people begin to lose interest and in the coin and soon after there are no investment in such coin altogether.
However, I think to know if an ICO will be successful, you need to check all details concerning such coin. You also need to consider all factors determining the success or failure of such coin.
That is because you have never experienced being scammed before. Some out rightly started out as a scam during ICO and you can know from the team, some managed to enter the market with an empty promise, the devs dumped on the market and disappeared with no further development for years is a scam.

The problem with a lot of us is that we do not try as much as possible to dig for information and being an information age which even makes a lot of things easy, we should not even be a victim.
LinAliza

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 07:17:56 AM

There are no cryptocurrencies that are scam it just that their investors are getting fewer and which means when the supply is high the demand is low. When there no one uses it obviouslyit will be reached its end. As long as people are investing and using those coins everything will be on good hands. Scams are with the people who use cryptocurrency and take its advantage with its good sides. Everything is for the betterment of all its with people that makes things goes wrong.. People who aren't contented, selfish, gold diggers and so much more..
jossiel

Activity: 2982
Merit: 632

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 07:48:50 AM

There are no cryptocurrencies that are scam
You are wrong, there are crypto's that does have a goal to scam investors and this can't be denied.

If you are aware of bitconnect it's one of the scam that is using cryptocurrency to make their leaders and founders wealthy.

Look on where are they right now, Bitconnect is nearly dead but it's still breathing. If there's something wrong or the scheme is very popular and the way of making money is obviously unreal, it's a scam.

There are ICO's that are also scam.

Signature for rent
ceferov

Activity: 504
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2018, 03:44:32 PM

The first thing I look is how professional they use social language. How they answer people.  How they fix issues when faced. The best thing for me is team and professionalism. If project have this 2 things then I believe it can start steady grow

https://www.ETH2X.com - Multiplayer roulette gambling platform.
natsu_koo

Activity: 186
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 05:01:34 PM

Read people's feedback about the coin, feedbacks are really important, it is one of the  essential ways to know if the coin is a scam, if the feedbacks about the coin are negative and lots of people are complaining and are really confused about the coin then you better stay away from it because it will promise you nothing.

Laccoin: It starts here with your Money
▨ Debit cards, P2P Loans, Index Fund ▨
➤ Whitepaper ➤ Facebook ➤ Twitter ➤ Telegram
coinplus
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 05:50:39 PM

It is very difficult to describe how to know which cryptocurrency would be scam. You cannot predict the scam in cryptocurrency. One thing is only possible the performance of cryptocurrency and its interaction communications with investors and links can be roots to identify the scam otherwise it is no easy to find scam.

Though it's hard to predict,  you can still analyze the ICO details to know the truth behind.  We have few factors to look at.  Get into the white paper and read the details. Know the project they have undertaken. This would make you bit clear.  Then check out the team members' profiles. This another strong clue. Then know the amount they invested on projects, marketing and other stuffs.  Look for proofs they hold on the above then invest in them. This would be a way to find the correct ICO.
The last thing I always ever want to go through in any project is the whitepaper. That is a lot to digest and I would not even want to waste my time doing that and then finding out that the team looks shady. It is very easy to dig the team up and find out a lot from them by asking questions and getting to know their identity, what they have done, after you have gotten a quick glance of the project from the website, and then if you are certain, you can then go ahead reading all the technical stuffs from the whitepaper.
barbara44

Activity: 2394
Merit: 605

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 10:08:59 AM

Digital currency are all risky due to it decentralized system (untraceable transactions).For me, all can be a candidate  to be scammed so one must be very careful. We must do researches as to which is popular and has given results. Also join furoms such as this so others can advise us which is better. By far Bitcoin is the best for me.
Yeah, the main reason why anyone should even be careful in the first place is because there is a lot of risk already, so why now increase it to the highest level by not trying your best in avoiding scams.

A lot of people when they see a graphical website, a well written whitepaper, and a graphical road map as well, all they look out for next is to invest in the project, whereas the most important things is to find out if there is a product and a good team to always get it right.
Ewinsane

Activity: 980
Merit: 523

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 12:09:47 PM

It is very difficult to describe how to know which cryptocurrency would be scam. You cannot predict the scam in cryptocurrency. One thing is only possible the performance of cryptocurrency and its interaction communications with investors and links can be roots to identify the scam otherwise it is no easy to find scam.

Though it's hard to predict,  you can still analyze the ICO details to know the truth behind.  We have few factors to look at.  Get into the white paper and read the details. Know the project they have undertaken. This would make you bit clear.  Then check out the team members' profiles. This another strong clue. Then know the amount they invested on projects, marketing and other stuffs.  Look for proofs they hold on the above then invest in them. This would be a way to find the correct ICO.
Truly, i don't really care about the project team of ico's or whitepaper when investing on it. There are still any chance even good project with good support team but not reaching soft-cap on token sale period running away. At first time i will put my investment are about offer profit that gain by investor if token sale target reached, marketplace distribution and responsive support.
If you really do not care about the project team, then you are in for a longer days of being scammed bro. This should be one of the things anyone should be particular about. No one can guarantee if an ICO will be successful, but a good team will refund anyway, but you really think scammers actually care about an ICO being successful in the first place? The only thing they are out for is your money and if you are willing to dash them all, you can be my guest.
Chuokie

Activity: 113

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 12:26:05 PM

Well, people say coins and token are a scam because of they lose their value, but sometimes when coins lose their value in particular reasons, they just disappear without trace or saying what happen and people will start saying about it and pretend that their thought is real and suspect that the project is a scam.
anntlevel

Activity: 286
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 05:34:20 PM

I’m not really sure of how someone can tell which cryptocurrency is scam or not, but one thing for sure is that the good ones are made to look professional. Fake ones are made to look fake as they are, cause the devs are only interested in money and are so careless that they won’t concentrate to build it. Well, it’s always good, so we can find out and detect which ones are genuine and those that are not.
goodvibes05

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 04:00:30 PM

what you can do before investing in an ICO check the roadmap, whitepaper and the team behind the project. Review their platform and what they offer, read carefully every details on their whitepaper. Visit their telegram channel, and from there you will see if they have lots of investors. Do some reseach about the project before investing.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │       T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  21st  J U N E                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       Whitepaper     Telegram     Twitter     Reddit        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 04:03:07 PM

The most important thing you need to do is your due diligence to not invest in a coin out of impulse take your time to research the coin and then decide if you want to invest in it, many people rush to invest in altcoins just because they fear losing the bonuses but the bonuses are meaningless if you lose all your money if you invest in a scam.
Lora_ng15

Activity: 452
Merit: 7

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2018, 11:08:09 AM

you need to look at the idea of a coin and understand why it is created, you can also find out information about the partners.

┈┈┈┈┈ WOWSECRET┈┈┈┈┈
● In WowSecret we trust ●
┈┈┈┈┈ https://www.wow-secret.com ┈┈┈┈┈
AMHURSICKUS

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 11:31:58 AM

If you see all the cryptos all of them are seem to be legit. So choosing the right crypto is very hard to do.
To minimize the chance that you might choose scam crypto, we should check first all the information about that crypto.
We should check if all the members and devs are doing thier best just to make the crypto sucessful. Untill we can conclude that it is onehundred percent legit.

▂ ▃ ▅ ▆   LUCRE DON'T HODL; TRADE!   ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂
BITCOIN & CRYPTO CURRENCY ALGORITHMIC TRADING & SIGNAL SERVICE ✓ 
▌▐ ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝   Facebook ⬝  Youtube ⬝  Meduim   ▬▬▬▬▬ ▌▐
Alalex

Activity: 280
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 03:55:06 PM

I also see that the more scams on btc forums are growing.. BCASH is one of the outstanding scam web distributors, many investors are losing money balances! They send IDR as BCASH coin deposit, it turns out their investment place is a scam and they can not withdraw the balance of BCASH coin deposit so they lose the amount of IDR which has been deposited in BCASH.

lastnumber

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 10:33:11 AM

I am a newcomer, so I am very anxious in choosing projects because I am afraid that electronic money may be Scam. My friend shared, the choice of project to avoid Scam needs to be alert and feel with his experience. Depending on the content of the project, the participants of the project are transparent and reputable. There are many other factors, but empirical reasoning is very important.
Remember, most projects are phishing.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: