Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 05:25:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How would we know which cryptocurrency would be Scam?  (Read 3081 times)
Riha

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 07:03:15 PM

It so hard to find which cryptocurrency is Scam, but for me if the crypto have many discount gave and give-away that's sign of Scam. For you not to be Scam, I think you should search about the crypo you want to invest or you should just invest in the Top10 crypto in the world.

But all Top crypto were also projects, and used the ICO. So many projects that launched now can become top in a year or two. I belive in projects that appers now. I think that projects like Romad, Teluria, Scyf chain, Menlo.one and other become good investment.

yanixbtc

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 05:47:10 AM

As of now there are 1500+ cryptocurrency exists in the world.
Many dead many rising and many has to come.
So how can i know the currency  ,where i am putting my money is not a part of scam?
Or is there any other way so we can check about respected crypto might be it'll work?

It is very hard to identify which ICO is legitimate and which is fake or scam. At first look of the project you can say that it is legit but as the time goes by you’ll be surprised that suddenly the project turns out scam. Sometimes because they did not able to reach the desired soft cap and hard cap. Lack of good project plan and lack of experience managers to do the job. Sometimes they are not ready well equipped with the proper knowledge of the project they are in to.
crypteris

Activity: 159

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 02:23:40 PM

I don't know how but I know where to find the guides Cheesy Here's an interesting piece of information from masterthecrypto. And from investopedia as well.

Chase_AI

Activity: 19

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 02:39:35 PM

Between the whitepaper, team background, roadmap, and progress I think you should be able to tell which teams truly care about their currency and making it useful for use. If you can see that progress is being made at the same rate it is promised in the roadmap or whitepaper, that is a good sign. You can also try to talk to the team through different methods such as on this forum or in their Telegram and see if they are honest and responsive.
NeeNts

Activity: 72

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 09:29:03 AM

Who knows...  Lots of scams that you don't even know the real 4rm d scam.  I don't think anyone can easily know the which crypto is scam
There are so many people who are busy in dealing with the things which are related to that of the crypto currencies and that not all of them know this thing that whether they are dealing with the right person or not and that whether or not they will be able to end up making some good earning.

However, you need to stay alert and that you need to keep on looking at the things which are happening around you in order to avoid any kind of loss.
It is difficult to know which cryptocurrency is scam but it is easy to avoid such scams. Never invest in anonymous crypto which is not listed with exchange and always invest in authentic and reliable coins like bitcoin, Ethereum, litecoin, ripple and monero etc. these are the top currencies of the world and most people are investing in these currencies.
Nwankwobtt

Activity: 487
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 09:45:17 AM

So how can i know the currency  ,where i am putting my money is not a part of scam?
Or is there any other way so we can check about respected crypto might be it'll work?

I will assume you mean participating in Icos. The first thing I do is to Google the project and check for reviews from popular review websites like icobench and ico drops. Next is I check the team profiles on LinkedIn and business addresses. This helps me confirm authenticity of projects

Bismillas

Activity: 448

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 10:19:27 AM

I think, that each of us has a lot of methods to know, which cryptocurrency would be Scam, but I usually look at the activity of the team, as I believe, that the development of the project will depend on this very much

▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      BRIDGEX NETWORK      │      LEND · BORROW · CONVERT · SEND     ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄       Whitepaper     Telegram     Twitter     Medium     Facebook     LinkedIn       ▄▄▄▄▄▄
saqwe

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 10:24:19 AM

Although it maybe very hard to know crypto which would be scam or not because even the scam ones also have very good features and things that will really attract investors but it is left for the investor to do a very deep research before investing in it. For you to know, I think you should read the whitepaper very well, if it doesn't state clearly the idea, products and it oesn't have good dev and management team with good records, then you should not invest in such crypto.
terencio

Activity: 742
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 10:57:51 AM

I guess it's easy now to detect if the crypto is scam as we have all the resources to check if it is legit or not. Most of the crypto are legit,  however in some cases  the developer abandon the project or it has a low support from the community. They have no demand on the market and new crypto came which is better the previous one.

ecnels

Activity: 1

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 11:51:14 AM

Like picking a real currency - Know the Original, then the fakes will stand out.  

There are certain Common Features of Legitimacy that can help you avoid the landmines:

#1)  Is it based on an idea that can clearly be Market Disruptive by solving some inefficiency/annoyance in current  paradigms?

RATIONALE:  Even if it's not a scam,  it has to eventually be profitable or the effect on you will be the same as a scam:  Dollars in and $0 out.

#2)  Is this coin's Whitepaper coherent, realistic, and brief?

RATIONALE:  While Whitepaper's are "a dime a dozen",  if someone can't explain to you in a short paragraph (even in one sentence, while standing on one foot), WHAT their objective is, then their idea; though it may not be a scam, is not focused enough to trust with your talent or your stored labor (your money).

#3)  Is this a single entrepreneur with an idea or a head entrepreneur with a small team of different subject-matter experts with Vision, Marketing, Technical, Administrative, Legal, and Administrative skills.  

RATIONALE:  One person with an idea had better quickly put a great team together to get past the sticky Scam-Trap starting line.

#4)  Is this enterprising team TRANSPARENT?  Do they have a Master Schedule?  Are they ON SCHEDULE?  Do they have a handle on costs?  Have they stated what they are doing NEXT and how long they expect it to take?  Will they promptly answer your tough questions and those of others out in the open?  Are they honest about the RISKS they (and you) face?  Do they have means to show real-time whether they have a prayer of penetrating the Market - that the Market is taking more notice of them each day, that others whom you already trust to have as much or more knowledge as you are positively inclined toward them?  

RATIONALE:  Figures don't lie, but liars do figure.

Crypto is here to stay!  Consider the condemning jeers of the horse lovers around the turn of the Century around 1900:  

- Horse lovers jeered automobiles:  They're too noisey.  
- They require their own mechanic to ride along.  
- The tires don't last.  
- Gasoline is hard to get, but horse-feed is everywhere.  
- They get stuck in the mud!

Yet; today,  automobiles are everywhere.

This is No Longer the time to be skeptical of shared-ledger crypto algorythms.  It's a time to maximize gain potential at the lowest risk potential.

Below is a legitimate paradigm and matching ICO in progress for your consideration:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Javascript Enabled Coin (JSEcoin): https://platform.jsecoin.com/?lander=3&utm_source=referral&utm_campaign

OBJECTIVE:  Be the first "Publicly Accessible CryptoCoin".

GOAL:   JSEcoin will achieve this goal by disrupting the massive Web Advertising Industry; thus, enabling Webmasters to monetize their sites with software who currently have no serious alternative to obnoxious, in your face, Ad-Craziness.

SOLUTION:  The Browsing User can unobtrusively pay their browsing freight for a given website through an ad-free, hassle-free, or ad-minimal method; thus, the user visits the website hassle-free and the Webmaster can pay for their website's existence.

OTHER BENEFITS:

- Far more mining energy is saved than for Bitcoin and similar "server farm" mining, because JSECoin uses what currently is wasted energy from underutilized CPU cycles of user browsing.  The browsing computer is on anyway, and huge numbers of CPU cycles (i.e. electricity and time) are wasted, simply because the browsing computer is turned on.  Use those wasted cycles and save energy and dollars.

- Every user HAS TO Opt-In or not (Unlike sneaky coins that steal your CPU cycles, this is a voluntary arrangement.)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Even if you are a sure crypto-skeptic, you still have curiousity!  If you are curious at all whether crypto-currency has any real/lasting Market-Disrupting potential that you may be missing, invest 5-10 entertaining minutes examining  

https://platform.jsecoin.com/?lander=3&utm_source=referral&utm_campaign

DISCLOSURE:

- I like JSECoin's intelligent ambition and believe you may very well like it too.

- They have achieved their first milestone in the current ICO and will be listing on Exchanges after the ICO

- Their track record of doing what they have said they would do is EXCELLENT!

- I can understand this one!

- I do NOT work for JSECoin.

Vibr56

Activity: 86

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 04:08:14 AM

It so hard to find which cryptocurrency is Scam, but for me if the crypto have many discount gave and give-away that's sign of Scam. For you not to be Scam, I think you should search about the crypo you want to invest or you should just invest in the Top10 crypto in the world.

But all Top crypto were also projects, and used the ICO. So many projects that launched now can become top in a year or two. I belive in projects that appers now. I think that projects like Romad, Teluria, Scyf chain, Menlo.one and other become good investment.

I believe in Menlo one almost as much as I believe in projects related to renewable energy (GreenX & WePower). One thing they have in common is that they are both game changers which means they could literally change in a positive way, how we view ICOs and power consumption respectively.
sircy

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 04:32:55 AM

Crypto scam and not indeed a hard thing to predict much less for beginners because the already senior just sometimes there is still wrong. see the team behind the crypto is the important thing. with a good and experienced team then could be the right growth crypto to be better for the future. But if the team can be said to be anonymous, so don't take the risk for it.

whitepaper[large]DataBloc [/large]| website
The Airbnb of Data Services

[small]Twitter | YouTube | Telegram | Facebook | LinkedIn | Reddit[/small]
Rengga Jati

Activity: 2016
Merit: 646

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2018, 04:48:44 AM

To know whether the ICO is scam or not is very very difficult. But,m we may know the criteria of them. first is the unclear project and very high promising project. The token allocation and its supply are very high. The community is not active. Or sometimes, their team members are not belonging into the real person.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

Samiliti

Activity: 141

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 05:05:18 AM

I trust the various sites , such as icodrop and icobench , I find the projects there ....I don't know how to spot a scammers
Chandler32

Activity: 85
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 01:47:02 PM

I think all the coins you've listed are worth investing in. However, Menlo One is a little different in a good way since it opens the door to future ICO opportunities which means that this project is potentially huge.
FireShark89

Activity: 85
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 02:20:52 PM

I think all the coins you've listed are worth investing in. However, Menlo One is a little different in a good way since it opens the door to future ICO opportunities which means that this project is potentially huge.

imo Menlo One is most probably one of the best projects of 2018. I think it's only a matter of time before it gains mass adoption.
Stella27

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 02:29:05 PM

I dont think that all cryptocurrency are scam. Some just did not make it since they were not able to get enough funds to make their project successful.
Jammypoe

Activity: 272

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 02:36:19 PM

It is going to be pretty difficult to know that. Of a truth, we can not conclude all are scam, and I do not think we can say because they failed to reach softcap means they are no scam. Some reached that and failed to do the needful. Background check on their white paper, research team would be if help. It is a risky adventure altogether. One can either make or Mar.
prechi

Activity: 130

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2018, 06:56:03 PM

Well, if you are a fan of ICO (getting into projects before they kick off), you could go through different ICO rating platform to get reviews on the project. Check to see if you can reach any of their team members and get to understand their project. If you can do all these, then I can say you are 70% far away from scam.
setupbounds

Activity: 910
Merit: 509

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 11:45:15 AM

I don't know how but I know where to find the guides Cheesy Here's an interesting piece of information from masterthecrypto. And from investopedia as well.

There are so many crypto currencies in the overall list of the crypto currencies which are there and that their number is increasing as newer crypto currencies are being introduced with time. Amongst so many crypto currencies, it is hard to find out any kind of scam till the time you don’t make an investment in that crypto currency yourself. Invest only in well reputed currencies to avoid any kind of loss.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: