Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 12:36:40 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: This currency is too volatile!  (Read 2715 times)
Rassah (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2013, 02:29:13 AM

The thing I have learned from this thread is:

I can post any claim I want, come up with any random link to support that claim, and be sure that about 80% of the people reading my post will assume I'm telling the truth, and/or make assumptions based on their own preconceptions, without even bothering to click the provided link and verify the information.

Rather sad, considering I was just trying to make a joke, and a bit of a point.
teukon
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 03:00:37 AM

I can post any claim I want, come up with any random link to support that claim, and be sure that about 80% of the people reading my post will assume I'm telling the truth, and/or make assumptions based on their own preconceptions, without even bothering to click the provided link and verify the information.

Rassah: A candidate for the people's representative at the Bitcoin Foundation.
Campaign strategy: Troll bitcointalk.org days before the election and publicly note the staggering mindlessness of the majority of its users.
Rassah (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2013, 03:18:55 AM

Rassah: A candidate for the people's representative at the Bitcoin Foundation.
Campaign strategy: Troll bitcointalk.org days before the election and publicly note the staggering mindlessness of the majority of its users.

Vote for me, you idiots!  Grin

Nah, honestly, I was just debating Bitcoin with some naysayers, and was curious what USD has been doing lately. When I saw how badly it jumped around, I figured I'd point it out, but wanted to do it as a joke. Sadly, not many got it, because people don't click on links. On the other hand, I'm proud of all of you for being so safety conscious and not clicking random links. You all should pat yourselves on the back!
Singlebyte

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 04:24:56 AM

Damn you got me Rassah.

I was like a lemming following everyone else's post.  To save a little face, i went back and deleted my posts!  Smiley

teukon
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 04:38:50 AM

I don't typically vote, and I won't be voting in this election, but if I was voting I would vote for Rassah!

There you go Rassah.  You're doing well in the non-voter segment.

I don't typically vote either but only because the costs of doing so vastly outweigh the benefits.  I don't think that applies here as I expect voting will be as easy as posting to a forum and the total number of voters will be low enough that each individual vote will have non-negligible value.
acoindr
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 04:20:17 PM
Last edit: August 25, 2013, 04:39:33 PM by acoindr

I can post any claim I want, come up with any random link to support that claim, and be sure that about 80% of the people reading my post will assume I'm telling the truth ...

No, I doubt you could claim that as a male you gave birth and post a random link and be sure 80% of the people reading would assume you're telling the truth.

If, however, you post something that is easily likely, such as a profit or loss % on BTC between arbitrary dates given its volatility, then yes people will tend to imagine you're telling the truth if you assert it as such.
joesmoe2012

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2013, 04:30:42 PM

its amazing how many people post without reading the first post.

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
Rassah (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2013, 06:01:27 PM

I don't typically vote, and I won't be voting in this election, but if I was voting I would vote for Rassah!

There you go Rassah.  You're doing well in the non-voter segment.

The BEST segment!

I can post any claim I want, come up with any random link to support that claim, and be sure that about 80% of the people reading my post will assume I'm telling the truth ...

No, I doubt you could claim that as a male you gave birth and post a random link and be sure 80% of the people reading would assume you're telling the truth.

Actually, there are still a few people who are unsure as to my gender (probably because I mention having a husband), so I wouldn't be surprised if some did believe me. It would make for an interesting experiment though.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2013, 07:39:13 PM

There you go Rassah.  You're doing well in the non-voter segment.

The BEST segment!

Actually, there are still a few people who are unsure as to my gender (probably because I mention having a husband), so I wouldn't be surprised if some did believe me. It would make for an interesting experiment though.

I, for one, made that same mistake back during the Pinkie Pie episode. To this day, I still have to catch myself in making sure I didn't/don't use the she pronoun when replying to or referencing Rassah.

That said, I consider Rassah one of the most trusted members of the Bitcoin community and love to see him part of The Bitcoin Foundation in any capacity.

Bruno Kucinskas
tinus42

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 07:53:46 PM

In Holland you can be male and have a husband.  Wink
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 07:58:22 PM

I, for one, made that same mistake back during the Pinkie Pie episode. To this day, I still have to catch myself in making sure I didn't/don't use the she pronoun when replying to or referencing Rassah.

That said, I consider Rassah one of the most trusted members of the Bitcoin community and love to see him part of The Bitcoin Foundation in any capacity.

Bruno Kucinskas

I met Rassah at the bitcoin thing in silicon valley. I can confirm that he at least appears to be a man. Also that he is an alright guy. Kiss

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: