Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:31:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 🔴 🔴 🔴 Attention: KYC for Bounties 🔴 🔴 🔴  (Read 1056 times)
SearchingforS

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

“The Future of Security Tokens”

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 04:23:43 PM

More and more bounty campaigns want you to do a KYC and send them all your personal data (id card, driver's license, address, phone number...).
Guys, don't easily give your personal data away and risk an identity fraud or identity theft.

What is identity fraud?
"Identity fraud is the use by one person of another person's personal information, without authorization, to commit a crime or to deceive or defraud that other person or a third person. Most identity fraud is committed in the context of financial advantage, such as accessing a victim's credit card, bank or loan accounts. False or forged identity documents have been used in criminal activity (such as to gain access to security areas) or in dealings with government agencies, such as immigration. Often today, the identities of real persons are used in the preparation of these false documents."
It simply means that someone can use your identity to commit crime in any possible way.

What are the consequences of identity fraud?
- False applications for loans and credit cards
- Fraudulent withdrawals from bank accounts
- Fraudulent use of telephone calling cards or online accounts
- Obtaining other goods or privileges which the criminal might be denied if he were to use his real name

What Can You Do If You've Become a Victim of Identity Theft?
- Call the companies where you know the fraud occurred
- Place a fraud alert and get your credit reports
- Report identity theft to the FTC (IdentityTheft.gov)
- file a report with your local police department

References:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Identity_fraud
https://www.justice.gov/criminal-fraud/identity-theft/identity-theft-and-identity-fraud

Be careful with the personal data you share online.

Thank you for the Merit, I appreciate it much.

Well, you are absolutely correct that we have keep an eye on our personal data. However if the project is reliable and it ask for KYC for bounty - what's the problem in passing it?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Stimah22

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 04:36:14 PM

Sincerely speaking, I don't like KYC just because if the rigorous process of registration and waste of time... I think this KYC should stop so that cryptocurrency can become anonymous.
Xiomara

Activity: 101

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 05:12:53 PM

Sincerely speaking, I don't like KYC just because if the rigorous process of registration and waste of time... I think this KYC should stop so that cryptocurrency can become anonymous.

I understand some projects force their clients to undergo the registration procedure, because at the same time they are bound by the law of the country to which it is registered.
Rustamm

Activity: 532
Merit: 18

Bitcoin lover!

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 05:47:17 PM

I think, anyway, all projects will come to this procedure. The KYC procedure will be an integral part of any of investment option in the near future: token sale or reward for bounty campaing. And it will be the requirement of local regulators of any country as regulation of the cryptomarket is in the future inevitable in all countries
There are no investment projects, including investments in ICO. Here it is a question of those cases when the ICO team demands to pass the KYC check in the participants of the generosity campaign, in particular, the signature campaign. It was in them that the ICO team recently began to demand that such a test be conducted. And, as a rule, this is done not before joining the campaign, but after the end of the ICO campaign, when there is no sense in conducting such an audit. And they do it simply because they do not pay the earned tokens to those who refuse to provide their identification data and copies of passports. Since before that, as a rule, no one warned that such a check would be conducted, I consider this to be a fraud on the part of the ICO team, since they are actually deceiving not to pay the earned tokens.
Rudementry

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 06:12:55 PM

So when you know preliminary, that bounties require the passage of the KYC, this is one conversation. You have been warned, you yourself decide to give documents or not to take part at all. But it's quite another matter when you take part, but about KYC you are told only when it's time to pay.
CryptoCastle

Activity: 68

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 07:51:11 PM

So when you know preliminary, that bounties require the passage of the KYC, this is one conversation. You have been warned, you yourself decide to give documents or not to take part at all. But it's quite another matter when you take part, but about KYC you are told only when it's time to pay.
Yeah! And this become a rule - tell at the end of campaign. Some ppl start asking at the begining, but often BM don't know then.
borovichok

Activity: 1148
Merit: 518

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2018, 07:18:58 PM

Yes, this is the meanest thing that can happen. Ask to pass KYC after performing the work provided that it was not stipulated in the conditions. It turns out that this is a fraud. But no one will definitely answer for it.  Embarrassed

Stake VIP wager
empowrofficial
Copper Member

Activity: 161

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2018, 11:24:25 PM

This is the reason why I don't invest in ICO's that requires KYC. Because i only have my passport as my valid id and giving them a very sensitive information is very scary. And yes, identity fraud is my biggest concerned.

Cryptocurrency will become mainstream at some point in the future, and KYC is necessary to protect everyone involved.

empowr.com   //   #GET YOUR SHARE : AIRDROP
The inventor of virtual currency - Community gets initial supply for free
crazyer1976

Activity: 434
Merit: 19

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 12:26:05 PM

This is the reason why I don't invest in ICO's that requires KYC. Because i only have my passport as my valid id and giving them a very sensitive information is very scary. And yes, identity fraud is my biggest concerned.

Cryptocurrency will become mainstream at some point in the future, and KYC is necessary to protect everyone involved.
The most important advantage of cryptocurrencies over ordinary money is anonymity and non - control. With the introduction of control and KYC procedures, cryptocurrencies will die. Not so fast, but they will definitely lose to the usual bank payments.
Raggie

Activity: 462
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 02:00:18 PM

How about investors ? they require to submit document for KYC too.
are they going to use their investors personal identity for fraud ?
if yes, i don't think any investor want to participate on ICO anymore.
Docbee

Activity: 822

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 02:09:14 PM

Identity is sensitive information it should not be given out any now. I against  idea of kyc for hunters. As an investor i can't drop my identity not to talk of hunting for bounty. It can be stolen and used against someone to commit crime.
blogardianz

Activity: 213
Merit: 11

[ CINDX ] REFORM HOW SELL & BUY CRYPTO

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 02:14:27 PM

Well, this is a superb post. I think we as abounty hounter need a strong voice to against bounties using KYC. But unfortunately most of bounty participant didn’t know about this risk. If we stand together, I believe no one would join bounties that using KYC

FaucetKING

Activity: 1246
Merit: 306

C U

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 02:17:35 PM

Thanks god, at least someone tried to share these informations to help the community! well, i dont send my id to icos and bountys .. even that i dont trust the most known banks and i only trust my self. You should be aware ... its your identity.
rockyfeller

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 10:55:18 PM

I'm not agree on KYC at the first place why should they do that for us, I know government wants to track illegal activities online or The money laudering issue. But then KYC rules for bounties is dangerous they can harm us by hacking our data and our wallets. The bad part here is they can track what we are doing. I hate CIA in the first place.

███  ████     BAANX  |  The Cryptobank Revolution     ████  ███
▬▬▬  ►  ▬▬▬  ANN  Whitepaper  Telegram  Facebook  Twitter  Medium  ▬▬▬  ◄  ▬▬▬
PRE-SALE IS OPEN!  ▬▬  Register for 100BXX!  ▬▬  Subscribe to our NEWSLETTER

brokkoly

Activity: 198

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 09:42:12 AM

Yep, this is a very annoying topic. Crypto world and KYC are not compatible. I liked the meaning of blocking technology, that it allowed to remain anonymous which I love. KYC takes away this one of the main advantages. For me it's like to stay without clothes on a street. In addition, my documents can be used by intruders
kicauklaten

Activity: 840
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2018, 09:48:36 AM

I honestly avoid the KYC requirements with bounty. for me, it's not worth the fee brings a very personal data. earnings have only come just once can be felt. but the identity that we send will be stored and whether it will be processed into what certainly would not know. the most dangerous if it is used for a dangerous action and it turns out there is an identity that we have inside.

madhukk

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 11:10:26 AM

Requiring us to pass KYC procedure campaign violate the very idea of using cryptocurrency. We must always be anonymous. But here we give our data to unknown persons with our own hands. I believe that the campaigns that require it should leave this forum, and never again appear here. And in general KYC - Know Your Customer. How to treat this bounty participants I can not take into my head.
beskid

Activity: 252
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 11:36:41 AM

I think that fraud with KYC will come to an end in the near future due to the appearance of special services. For example, KYC Legal-service, which allows you to verify the user and prevents fraud. The technology of blocking lies at the heart of the service as a tool for protecting and verifying the authenticity of the personal data of network users. So, we are waiting!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  

Jump to: