Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 06:34:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 🔴 🔴 🔴 Attention: KYC for Bounties 🔴 🔴 🔴  (Read 1057 times)
CryptosapienZA

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 04:52:05 PM

Woow Thank you.. I cant thank you enough for this warning. This week alone i filled in 2 ICO kyc.. You know as I was filing in my details, I was asking myself that blockchain companies shouldnt be doing this. It defeats the purpose why the tech was started. But I continued giving my details... I will never do this again..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
miyaka26

Activity: 476
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 05:09:22 PM

This can be a real problem nowadays and unfortunately its pretty common now for ICOs to demand KYC for all investors. You never know when your data will be used for fraud.
They demand the KYC process for the people who lived in a very strict country for cryptocurrency like the US, if certain ICO requires the said policy for all of their investors disregarding their local country then it is most likely a fraud or scam project, they are killing the very essence of cryptocurrency which is to be anonymous, most of the centralized exchanges require their customer to reveal their identities like my local exchange for bitcoin and virtual local fiat, they need to verify the identity of its user in order to use the cashout function, they are also subjected to KYC policy given that they are officially licensed and permitted by the government to operate and collect the customers data, so the assurance is there. but for an ICO that collects data for no other reasons besides the countries restriction is questionable.

DAOfan

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 05:20:53 PM

This is a very good post. I have missed out on 2 major bounties this month because I refuse to do KYC.

If experian can lose the personal info of hundreds of millions of customers, why would I trust an inexperienced group of young programmers?

Right now KYC is being used to not pay bounty hunters (I'm looking at you Rentberry!)

This scammy practice needs to stop. KYC is to prevent money laundering. Bounty hunters aren't investing anything so they can't be money launderers. KYC shouldn't apply to them. The same with airdrops - no investment - no need for KYC.

Chances are your KYC info is worth more than most shitcoin projects.

Meet IP Exchange. Distributed network layer.
Join IPSX Token Sale  ─── 『 https://ip.sx/
frost_wind

Activity: 560
Merit: 16

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2018, 05:34:24 PM

KYC for bounties rule used by ICOs to not pay bounty hunters . Bounty hunters do not buy/invest , they just receive their token after listing on exchanges , so why they should do kyc ? They'd better make a rule :"KYC for everyone who buy our currency on any exchange". In this case they can leave their shitty tokens to themselves , because no one will buy it using decentralized exchanges  Cheesy

Snaic

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 06:14:05 PM

If that's hows it going to be I will quit doing bounties. What is the reason behind it?

As we all know many bounties/ICO's are not created by the most trustworthy person's and I'm sure there are people who would sell your info in a blink of an eye for the right amount.
Yes, only the identification data begins to demand when the ICO has already ended, the signatory campaign participants have fulfilled their obligations and the payment of generosity is being prepared. That's when the campaign begins to request various identification data that were not previously agreed. And this is the whole problem. Throwing this campaign already means simply abandoning the money earned. In this situation, most likely, the campaign strives not to weed out persons with multi-accounts, but simply to reduce the number of persons claiming a reward. This, it turns out, is a kind of fraud on the part of the ICO campaign.

Meraki

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 06:25:03 PM

Requiring us to pass KYC procedure campaign violate the very idea of using cryptocurrency.

KYC is a big no no for cryptocurrency because as we all know there are plenty of hackers here in cryptocurrency thus being anonymous is one of our safety rights. There are quite bounties that requires to answer an KYC form before letting them get their coins it is really dangerous for us to give our identity to the people we dont know im hoping mods and admin here in BCT will auto ban bounties that requires KYC.
cryptonx

Activity: 1176
Merit: 252

Futurov

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 06:26:12 PM

KYC is for somekind of centralised system,
so, in crypto everything is decentralised and focus on privacy right ?
with KYC, this means there is no privacy anymore

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▀████▀▄
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▄▀▀▄▀
█████████████████████████  ███                    ███  ████████████████████████  ███                    ███  ███████████████████████▄    ▄▄████████████████████▄▄  ▀███▄                 ▄███▀
                           ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███                       ▀███  ███▀▀                ▀▀███   ▀███▄             ▄███▀
                           ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███                       ▄███  ███    ▄██████████▄    ███     ▀███▄         ▄███▀
█████████████████████████  ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███  ███████████████████████▀   ███    ██        ██    ███       ▀███▄     ▄███▀
███                        ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███  ███               ▀███▄    ███    ▀██████████▀    ███         ▀███▄ ▄███▀
███                        ███▄▄                ▄▄███            ███             ███▄▄                ▄▄███  ███                 ▀███▄  ███▄▄                ▄▄███           ▀█████▀
███                         ▀▀████████████████████▀▀             ███              ▀▀████████████████████▀▀   ███                   ▀███▄ ▀▀████████████████████▀▀              ▀█▀

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    F U T U R O V . C O M    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▀▄▀████▀▄▀
▀▄▄▀
▄▄████████████████████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████████████████████▄
▄████▀                              ▀████▄
█████      ▄██████████████████▄      █████
█████     ███▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▀███     █████
█████     ███   ▐▌      ▐▌   ███     █████
█████     ███▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄███     █████
█████      ▀██████████████████▀      █████
▀████▄                              ▄████▀
▀██████████████████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀
Website
Telegram Group
Telegram Channel
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube
TikTok
Github
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
kramchers

Activity: 854
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 06:35:42 PM

Thanks for the wonderful information, it's been few ICO that is requiring KYC "KNOW YOUR CUSTOMER" on their investors.
And then now even on their bounty program they are asking KYC for the participants, I have doubt on the purpose on this and what are they trying to get with this, but of course at first I am really thinking of identity theft, as it is a valuable information and people are not just from one country but for more than 10 countries and this information really worth as they are getting passport or government-issued IDs.
sebinator (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 113

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 07:59:59 PM
Last edit: January 22, 2018, 09:01:27 PM by sebinator

Nobody should make negative experience with crypto, so I decided to make this thread. Thank you all for the positive feedback. I really appreciate it. Stay safe, guys!
munareal

Activity: 644
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 08:17:36 PM

This development is really an issue for bounty hunters. The bounty managers do not tell participant before they start campaigning . KYC is made mandatory at the end of the campaign when you are waiting for your reward.
Tylev

Activity: 854
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 08:21:17 PM

Requiring us to pass KYC procedure campaign violate the very idea of using cryptocurrency. We must always be anonymous. But here we give our data to unknown persons with our own hands. I believe that the campaigns that require it should leave this forum, and never again appear here. And in general KYC - Know Your Customer. How to treat this bounty participants I can not take into my head.

I support this statement and not only because we on this site should remain anonymous. Pass the requirement for additional verification and provision of additional information, as a rule. begins after the completion of the ICO, when it is already a matter of paying out the signatures of the tokens produced during the campaign. If the purpose of this event was to filter out persons with several accounts from the campaign, then such an event would be made either at the beginning of the campaign or during it. At its end, it already clearly resembles an event to reduce the candidates for a well-deserved reward, that is, in fact it is fraud.
sebinator (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 113

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 09:43:29 PM

This development is really an issue for bounty hunters. The bounty managers do not tell participant before they start campaigning . KYC is made mandatory at the end of the campaign when you are waiting for your reward.

Exactly. This is my biggest concern, why don't they tell us that they are going to run KYC? I simply can't handle my personal data to completely new companies.
Valentina Ambassador

Activity: 420
Merit: 11

REPUBLIA PRE-SALE : Aug 23rd

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 10:09:36 PM

Hello all! I think after time it will be necessary and quit usual procedure. Yes we can have some likes and dislikes but if remain 1 up 10 projects without the KYC how we can ignore 90% of ICOS where KYC is necessary must be passed? Have you any ideas about how resolve such kind of problems? I also don't believe in  fairy tales about anonymous its bulls***t. Can tell me somebody some thought how we can avoid this system? I don't know how much Edwards Snowdens we have over here? He against the system and what with him now? I don't believe to nobody who tell me about anonymous systems. I am sure if somebody want to get your private information they will find all information about your great great great grandmother and great great-grandchild.)
But thank you for your message.

PetrovichCoinMaster

Activity: 224
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 10:10:21 PM

I believe that the company needs to inform about the necessary identity verification, before the start of the ICO or the bounty campaign. Many do it at the end, putting a person in an uncomfortable position.
arakosta

Activity: 127

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 10:12:02 PM

I have taken part in many boutines but none of them asked for any personal info. Any bounty that asks for name or birthdate raises an immediate redflag for me and it should be the same for you guys.
Don't give away your personal data!

ronatrip

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 10:14:49 PM

I already met the second bounty campaign, which requires KYC from me. It really annoys me. I do not understand why they did this. As a bounty hunter, I do not invest any money. Why must I go through it? KYC is appropriate for investors, especially for large ones.
Golstrim

Activity: 1456
Merit: 253

Margin Trader

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 10:20:51 PM

Guys,  crypto is a decentralized staff, but making people pass Kyc,  we destruct all the principles of crypto. So what for do you need this? Well,  for large investments it can be used as anti-money-laundaring  measure(but also it is against all crypto community), nevertheless can you avoid Kyc for small investors?

█▀▀█
██▄█
My Trading View// Trading Community // Cooбщecтвo Tpeйдepoв
█▀▀█
██▄█
gandhe83

Activity: 266

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 10:21:34 PM

Asking KYC for a bounty campaign is quite harsh for bounty hunters because they have not invested in the project. But I think that in the long runs perhaps the ICO sale and even bounty campaign will require KYC because this proves your identity to avoid too many registrations causing rioting should happen. KYC thinks that a good form should be applied in the cryptocurrency market to limit fraud.
SHAWN-MIDWAYS

Activity: 686
Merit: 521

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 10:33:58 PM

Some really helpful information and I noticed some campaigns are now making this as a basic requirement to claim bounties but with this caution maybe avoiding such campaigns should be enough to avoid being a victim
Icoservices2018

Activity: 176
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 10:40:04 PM

Thanks for the thread, it has a lot of usefull information. By the other hand, around a 90% of the new ICOs are asking for the KYC form as a requirement. Cheers
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: