Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 09:21:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEW][PROPOSAL] Cryptoker - multi-currency poker site -  (Read 2742 times)
slavo (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 10:09:57 AM

Hi to all of you out there.

I’m new over here, but not totally new in the cryptos.

I want to submit a project to the community. It’s something big, I know, but I really think it can add a great value to cryptos in general.

In crypto we trust.

As everybody here, when I discovered the crypto world I had that feeling that some kind of revolution was underway.
I’m not talented in anyway in hardcoding, so I bought some miners to support the network… Nothing that really helps tho.

The room :
In my mind, that room should allow all scrypt-cryptos to be played.
If I understand well, all those money are cloned from litecoin, so the code won’t change that much if you allow a new scrypt-money right ?
It could be promoted on poker forums and communities, as it’s not considered as money.
I’ve got some contact in the gambling community. When I was a poker pro, I worked in the same time as a free-lance affiliator, with great success, so I really think I can promote well a room which break the borders between players.

SealsWithClubs is here for a while, but they only accept btc, which I think is quite bad, as the market was diluted on other alt coins. btc are expansive too, which is bad to giveaway some coins for new players.
Their software is functionnal, but ugly. That's why it can't be good to makes small players around the world come. There is no marketing, no rules.

Now it’s time to free the poker world of those stupid government rules.

At this point, nothing is done. I got this idea for a while, thinking about it over and over. My conclusion was that I can’t makes this happens by myself. It’s too big, so I really had two choices :

Forget about it

Or

Ask for help/ideas/involvement, checking if I’m alone thinking of adding real value to cryptos rather than making another scamcoin.

So first, can you tell me what you think ? How can this be the future of online poker.
Developers, coders, users, everybody is welcome here.
I know it won’t change anything by saying it but : don’t troll or don’t feed the troll, please, don’t ? 
I’ll make that second post as an update of ideas coming along the way.
Third post will be reserved for concrete things, If some are coming along the way.

My background.

I was a full time poker player for 5 or 6 years, I stopped because of new laws in my country that makes playing not viable anymore, too much taxes, and the market was closed to foreigners.
As some of you might know, there’s a lot of country which have closed their market, like Italia, France, Spain…
Those unfair laws makes a lot of players like me stop their careers to find another way to live.
Small players are also affected. They can’t play big tournaments for a few bucks anymore, so they gradually started to leave the place, and so on.

For those who can add their skills to the project or want to be part of it in any ways, you will have to contact me, do it by mailing me at pokertraderz at gmail.com

(I’m not a native speaker in English – I learned it on the tables ! -, so tell me if I’m not totally clear in my posts.)
slavo (OP)

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 10:16:02 AM

reserved for updates
slavo (OP)

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 10:23:56 AM

BTC      BTC      BTC      BTC      BTC      BTC      BTC      BTC      BTC      BTC      BTC      BTC      BTC      BTC      BTC      BTC      BTC      BTC      BTC      BTC      BTC      BTC      BTC     
hotcoldcoin

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 10:42:20 AM

In my mind, that room should allow all scrypt-cryptos to be played.
If I understand well, all those money are cloned from litecoin, so the code won’t change that much if you allow a new scrypt-money right ?

All the altcoins are ultimately clones of bitcoin, and all use the same bitcoin protocol to send/receive coins.

Bigger issue is having a system powerful enough to handle so many coin networks at once.

slavo (OP)

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 11:09:10 AM

hello hotcold !

I don't give too much details in that presentation, not that I have no idea of what it should be done, but because I think that letting everyone express themselves about the project might be a better way to make it work.

In my idea, there is obviously a retro-planning which needs to be done, but before we need to have the project entirely written.

I think it can't accept all currency at start, but it needs to support one currency first, say litecoin, then adding more and more currency with the traffic going up.

So maybe it's too early to talk about what power it needs, that's sound like an auxiliary question.

First, if you are here and find the idea good, let the community know. If you show support, that will make this thread/idea/project LIVE

Second, if you have any ideas, contacts, feel free to post here

Third, if you want to be part of the project, by donating, helping, communicating, making stuff like dedicated forum etc, contact me !
makebitcoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 01:28:55 PM

Love the idea but it is really feasable? I really doubt many games would run with certain coins so you are better of just focusing on the major coins.
slavo (OP)

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 01:42:36 PM

As I said, i'm not a programer in any ways, so If some can give their advices, that would be really cool.

I think that this project must be global, include all possible coins, but need to be mounted step by step, so I think you are right, we should maybe think of implementing one coin first, then add others crypto with the help of coins developpers who wants to see their coins implemented.

This project if it ever see the light of day will cost a lot of money, so it has to be the most cost efficient, and with the clone coin market dilution, I think the only way to make up is to implement every possible coin.

And yeah, the idea is cool, and maybe the community could be strong enough to make it happens.

We can also discuss about % bounties for guys helping, something like :

-main dev : 20%
-cashier dev : 8%
-community manage : 20%
etc...

As the redistribution of the room's rake/month...

Dunno, just sayin'  Cool
minerapia

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 01:46:54 PM

There is alot of coins which have little to no support, dead or dying etc. So rather than just add them all one-by-one maybe you should consider accepting 10 or so with most hashingpower in the network or something like that.
Starting with one would be best idea tho, get the concept up and running etc is alot of work alone.

donations -> btc: 1M6yf45NskQxWXknkMTzQ8o6wShQcSY4EC
                   ltc: LeTpCd6cQL26Q1vjc9kJrTjjFMrPhrpv6j
slavo (OP)

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 02:11:07 PM

Ok, we agree  Grin

It's a question of strategy.

Actual poker sites proposes playmoney games, it require ressources, but player are later tempted by playin real money later.

I think the main thing is to have a good idea of the project, seeking interested people ready to invest money or time in exchange of shares of the room.

So let's discuss on how to make the best alt coin room on earth, then let's write it on paper with numbers, then go for a crowdfunding.

This idea is good, make it live !

See you soon guys.
slavo (OP)

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 09:15:56 PM

Is there a dev over here which can make some prediction about the cost of that kind of software/web development ?

I've found a graphik designer interested by making the design for the room.

Poker players out there, show support, and spread this thread around to make it live !

Cheers !
slavo (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 09:14:51 AM

So I came up with an idea, maybe it's bad, maybe not. Tell me.

The problem in this project is finding enough money to make a software, rent or buy some servers (idk how it works, but clearly we'll have to make the room work)etc.

What if the first money implemented is a new one, created a little before the pool, I'll call it "cryptoker chips" (CC) for the moment.

We'll first had to dev a good coin, no premine, not innovative, but just working well, and with a big bunch of coins (like IFC maybe or grandcoin). Maybe we'll have to pay someone to do it if no dev overhere is interested, but that's not the question atm.

So when the CC pops, we'll mine it for a week before releasing the room, with only CC implemented.

We'll have then to give CC to new players, as an incentive to start playing and discover the room for free.

Then we can implement other cryptos, one by one, with shareholder's agreement.

Tell me what you think !

This is a great idea, don't let it DIE  Shocked
slavo (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 07:18:46 PM

OK, the name is maybe not THAT cool  Grin
hotcoldcoin

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 07:29:07 PM

I admire your enthusiasm.   But you seem to be in a rush, and that's a bit troubling.  If you're expecting anything beyond some chit-chat on this thread, you're going to be very disappointed.

You're asking for trust, but no one knows you.   You've not provided anything to show your abilities to complete a project as big as this.   

slavo (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 07:54:52 PM

I think it's not a question of personnality. I can't be the incarnation of that room, if it ever exist, alone. And I neither want anyone to invest in a project of only one man. With anonymity provided by coins, I would rather trust a group of known people which all would have contributed making it.

I'm not in a rush. I've had this (maybe silly, but i'm just askin around) idea.

That idea is easy to promote. Say to an Italian poker player that he could play again vs the rest of the world, with no government taxes, by using that room.
Even giving him away some coins to try. And who knows, if he's good or simply lucky he could make some $ with it... and talk to his friends about it.

So for now, I'm just seeking for more enthusiasts, ANY kind, who would help. It can't be done by one man. I can manage the thing, and promote it, the idea, the project, and assume the 'community manager' fonction maybe.

Maybe should I be more clear on what needs to be done. But I'm new on this forum, as u saw. So first I want to say hi to everyone, and show that I could be a part of it, not by making perpetual clone coin, but maybe by creating a poker community inside the crypto community, which could later be a worldwide community of players who wants to see the good old times in the poker world back for the best.

I don't know in fact. And, that's not because I'm enthusiast that I'm in a rush. My life is a rush. I just love it sorry  Tongue

But alone it's dead for anybody without a lot of money or huge panel of skills and a lot of free time.

Cheers

(as I might be sometimes bad in english, grammar nazis are welcome to correct me.)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: