Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 03:57:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CEX.IO Concern  (Read 161 times)
armondsarkisian (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 06:44:11 AM
Last edit: January 16, 2018, 12:26:48 PM by armondsarkisian

Hi everyone,

While this issue not technically being a scam, something to be very cautious of.

I am posting here because I want everyone to be aware of CEX.IO. I registered an account there, setup 2FA and bought a whole bunch of ripple. Unfortunately a few days later my phone got stolen so naturally I could not login since I did not have my 2FA sign-in. I tried to login and could not but did notice the "Lost your phone? Contact support" option. I contacted them around December 26 and NOT A SINGLE response until January 6 informing me that they will be escalating to a supervisor for approval. I have yet to hear back and I have emailed literally 20+ times. This is the absolute worst experience I have ever had with any exchange. I am heartbroken to think that while the entire time I was locked out of my account, I could not buy/sell any ripple. I am very angry at them and believe at this point that I lost everything... It does not appear anyone will be helping me out any time soon...

Please stay away and look the other direction. If you find yourself having any account related issues/questions, don't even bother contacting support They are pretty much non-existent.

CEX support, if you are reading this, you should be ashamed for the crappy support you provide your customers. This is very unprofessional and ridiculous!

Username: up114503297
invitro

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 09:29:29 AM

How is this a scam?
CEX
Legendary

Activity: 1227
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 12:26:19 PM

Please, note that CEX.IO is not a scam. We are just encountering an increased load on our support team so that replying to the customers' tickets takes more time.
Your issue was already escalated to the Supervisor for the final resolution. The 2FA should be disabled soon.

Buy/sell BTC and ETH using your Visa/Mastercard. Instant payments, low fees, worldwide coverage, 100% secure. Register
Join Bitcoin Affiliate program! Invite users and get 30% lifetime bonus. Join now
taeewo

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 12:29:56 PM

Cex is not scam, i have been using it for some years now.... Am sure your complaint will be resolved... Sorry about that..
neo888

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 08:30:10 PM

I had the same experience, i have lost my phone and so i couldnt connect to my Cexio account...after many many mails to the support they reseted my 2FA account...but 3 weeks after.....so be patient, there is a section "help 2FA account on the website CEXIO so look at it, you have to send they many informations as : your coins amounts, adress, wallet of paiements etc....
BeBlockTech

Activity: 304
Merit: 15

0xF8D135631a3dE808D86cA1CB1a5D4ecd9c2a0921

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 09:19:37 PM

I don't know if they are a scam or not, but the way they are handling issues, and especially withdraws, is a concern for lots of people.

This guy over here is waiting for his money for longer than a month now and he is even planning to press charges against them. Somewhere around 34,000 USD!! The only way such individuals listen is when you sit in their pocket, and the best way to archive that is by going to Social Media and make everybody aware of their way of doing business so that other users don't ever use their services again.

https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/7qsndd/update_on_my_missing_usd_34000_with_cexio/

I suggest you head up to Reddit and make a post about your issue if it's not solved fast enough because when you read that post he is not the only one having issues with the exchange. Their assets are in a war zone or something like that which doesn't make any sense.

https://i.imgur.com/HkmCOAl.png

They are even talking about that CEX.io is now embroiled in the Finex/Tether money laundering fraud and other issues, so don't you guys be surprised once the FBI come after them...

Please note, those are not my claims. Just follow the links I provided and you will see what a mess this exchange really is. For me reading those comments were more than enough to never, ever, use that exchange again. I hope other users are smart enough to take the right decisions before depositing their funds over there.

Good luck.
bigvito19

Activity: 706
Merit: 111

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 09:25:44 PM

it might be shutting down
BeBlockTech

Activity: 304
Merit: 15

0xF8D135631a3dE808D86cA1CB1a5D4ecd9c2a0921

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 10:38:22 PM
Last edit: January 19, 2018, 02:38:07 AM by BeBlockTech

it might be shutting down

Which would be completely normal. I mean, who the hell would go and put their assets in Afghanistan while having their business in the U.K. One Pound in Financial Statements last year... How stupid do they think Governmental Institutions really are.

And with all the new money that has flowed into the market the last three months, which most of it is from newbies who are going to complain to Legal Institutions because they lost it, how do we want this to get accepted by the masses if it are those exchanges the first one who are ripping them off. There is not a chance it's going to happen.

It's up to us, as a community, to get rid of those scams by not sending our money to them. They take our money from our accounts within seconds, and once we want to withdraw all kind of issues pop up out of nowhere. Why does it take for over a month to press that button and send that money to the one who is withdrawing? No, instead, once they want to withdraw they start to ask for CC confirmation and other stupid stuff.

Our Credit Card gets verified before we send them our money within seconds, and once we want to withdraw, we need to verify that same CC again and send them more money to prove it's our CC  Angry. And suddenly, it takes over a month to verify... This must be some kind of joke!! And we are the only ones falling in this little game.

Those exchanges are run by criminals and the only place where they belong is in jail!! They are taking a life-changing tech, which could eventually change our way of living for the best, and they make it look like we are all criminals, inviting Governmental Institution to break it down by bringing all kind of regulations into it. Just for their fucking greed. Those people are a shame.

potpockets

Activity: 255
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 01:21:28 AM

All exchanges are with their brackets full and fraught with delays in troubleshooting.

CEX
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2018, 12:58:43 PM

Hi everyone,

While this issue not technically being a scam, something to be very cautious of.

I am posting here because I want everyone to be aware of CEX.IO. I registered an account there, setup 2FA and bought a whole bunch of ripple. Unfortunately a few days later my phone got stolen so naturally I could not login since I did not have my 2FA sign-in. I tried to login and could not but did notice the "Lost your phone? Contact support" option. I contacted them around December 26 and NOT A SINGLE response until January 6 informing me that they will be escalating to a supervisor for approval. I have yet to hear back and I have emailed literally 20+ times. This is the absolute worst experience I have ever had with any exchange. I am heartbroken to think that while the entire time I was locked out of my account, I could not buy/sell any ripple. I am very angry at them and believe at this point that I lost everything... It does not appear anyone will be helping me out any time soon...

Please stay away and look the other direction. If you find yourself having any account related issues/questions, don't even bother contacting support They are pretty much non-existent.

CEX support, if you are reading this, you should be ashamed for the crappy support you provide your customers. This is very unprofessional and ridiculous!

Username: up114503297

The 2FA was disabled.

Buy/sell BTC and ETH using your Visa/Mastercard. Instant payments, low fees, worldwide coverage, 100% secure. Register
Join Bitcoin Affiliate program! Invite users and get 30% lifetime bonus. Join now
bebrno

Activity: 16

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 07:44:06 AM

I have asked more than 10 times for a simple mt103 reference number, waiting almost a month for withdrawal that is confirmed.  Why can't you simply send me that number?

up112843258 Transaction id: 5294578885
Tickets: Request #620164 Request #616994
CEX
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2018, 03:39:01 PM

I have asked more than 10 times for a simple mt103 reference number, waiting almost a month for withdrawal that is confirmed.  Why can't you simply send me that number?

up112843258 Transaction id: 5294578885
Tickets: Request #620164 Request #616994

We have delivered the case to the support team once again. Please wait for the updates.

Saihan86

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 06:20:51 PM

Cex.io all you do is say you have escalated our tickets and issues but still we have no resolutions from you. I think everyone is tired of reading the same lines. How hard is it to process a payment? Surely not a month this is outright crazy!!

Can you send people proof of there payments being sent? Because I think me and everyone else cannot believe your words anymore until you can prove it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: