Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:15:04 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Question: how much wattag can i draw from my walls.  (Read 165 times)
helbrassen (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 01:50:05 PM
Last edit: January 22, 2018, 03:04:12 PM by helbrassen

Ok, so i'm a complete noob when it comes to electricity and the such, i know you take your amp on the breaker box and multiply it with the watt you get from the wall. In my case it's 11 amp on the breaker box and 230 watt since that is standard in Sweden were i live.

Here is my question, is this number you get from calculating 11×230 the max watt for the entire apartment of just for each wall socket/outlet? I ask because 2530 watt or 80% of 2530 is not a lot to play aroung with and i'm wondering if mining is something i should not invest heavily in because of restrictions like these.

Thank you for your answer.
Helbrassen.
gt_addict

Activity: 2506
Merit: 622

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 05:40:27 PM

For starters you are using the wrong terms which can be dangerous.

If you have an 11amp breaker for a circuit then you can draw 11amps X 230 Volts = 2530watts

That is for the ENTIRE circuit. You dont want to use the whole amount anyway as you will be tripping the breaker if the voltage varies for any reason. 80% is more than enough. So max safe draw would be 2000watts on the ENTIRE circuit.

**SUPPORT SIDEHACK** Miner Development Donations to:  1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr

Donations/Tips to:-   1GTADDicTXD1uachKKgW24DZDxDGhSMdRa

Join Bitconnect: https://bitconnect.co/?ref=gtaddict
helbrassen (OP)

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 10:00:49 PM

For starters you are using the wrong terms which can be dangerous.

If you have an 11amp breaker for a circuit then you can draw 11amps X 230 Volts = 2530watts

That is for the ENTIRE circuit. You dont want to use the whole amount anyway as you will be tripping the breaker if the voltage varies for any reason. 80% is more than enough. So max safe draw would be 2000watts on the ENTIRE circuit.

Thanks for the response, i knew it was Volt and not watt i was just typing the text on my phone and accidentally swapped one for the other, and as you can see i did mention 80% so i did know about that, anyways, now i know i should not invest in Mining to heavily maybe just 2 rigs or something. Or hey, maybe i can rent space from a relative for a % of the profits mined.
Moondoggie

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 10:51:34 PM

You could also just get another circuit added if there is space on the box, or get a box upgrade if you're really keen on expanding.
Set Ready Go

Activity: 273
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 11:03:02 PM

Sounds strange that your have 11 amps breaks......

Probably your have 10 amp breakers, which is standard.
In sweden/Sverige.

So yes u taket amps * voltage
So : 10x230= 2300 watts from that breakers, men du vill inte maxa säkringen.
Then 2300x0.8=  1840w
Bazzaar

Activity: 75
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 12:00:23 AM

10(or 11) amps for the whole apartment?Huh
One electric kettle and you are at full power?
It doesn't sound right at all.
How many breakers total for your apartment?
Does Sweden have a system where EACH outlet has a breaker?

Baz
lathrodectus

Activity: 25

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 12:53:18 AM

There is no correct answer to your question.
*Usually* every room has a different rated line. While common rooms have lower rated wires and breakers designed for lightning and light appliances (tvs, etc), kitchen, bathroom, laundry rooms usually have thicker gauge wiring and higher rated lines.
Unless you have your buildings electrical plan or have deeper understanding you'll never know.
If you don't have any high power appliances in the same room, you should be safe with @Set Ready Go 's calculation.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: