Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 03:59:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Face up to reality: The game is over  (Read 2837 times)
usechain

Activity: 246
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 02:46:25 AM

The development since late December shows very clearly what is happening.

The whales - and anyone else with half a financial brain - are slowly selling all their bitcoin. As they sell, prices begin to drop sharply. They then hold back on the selling and newbies and "HODL'ers" are foolish enough to "buy the dip". This sends the price back up.

It then repeats with rates dropping again, until the newbies and "HODL'ers" buy the dip once more.

Except on every round the dip gets deeper and deeper.

The game is over, and anyone so stupendously stupid to keep buying from the whales who are unloading are basically just throwing their money away.

Face up to reality, the party is over.
I think that you are totally explaining what happens actually in the market.Usually big whales create panic among newbies by spreading FUD and make price drop.Also they sell some of their bitcoins to drop the price more.Then they start to buy cheap bitcoins and increase their holding.Since new investors enter all the time in to bitcoin market,big whales continue to use this phenomenon.
I've always been optimistic about bitcoin, and I think its price will skyrocket each time it plunges. The whale trick makes me think that it is despicable only because Increasing your bitcoin holdings can create the illusion of panic, and newbies are only fooled.
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Nicole888

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 02:47:17 AM

In fact, there is no end of the game, the investment is already a long-term matter, if everyone in your mind, then I think there is no investment to make money
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 02:51:15 AM

Why lose hope now? It has just been over a month and you are sounding like any newbie posting about Bitcoin being a bubble or something similar. When you yourself have realized the pattern of how it drops down, you should have took it as an advantage eventually if Bitcoin has found its new bottom many people will struggle to buy it at the cheapest price possible even the whales will start to push the price back up as they know that the down trend is over. We are now having lower highs which means the next top will possibly be lower than 11,900$ but be prepared to sell it during that time if it does not break during that level.
Dapper

Activity: 560
Merit: 260

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 02:51:35 AM

You do have a point because most of these newbies and hodlers are all waiting for the “dip” so they could hoard a couple of bitcoins because of being hopeful that someday or maybe within this year bitcoin would skyrocketing again just like what happened around November and December last year. But I do hope the game isn’t over yet though, a lot could loose their money over this dipping.

Unfortunately a lot will indeed lose their money over this. They were warned multiple times in recent months - but, hey, what can you do when people commit themselves to a cult and leave all sanity at he doorstep in the hope of getting rich quick with no work to put in. Ain't no such thing as a free lunch.
If you are so against bitcoin and you think it is over, can we ask what are you doing wasting your precious time in a bitcoin forum? I suppose there are many other things that you could be doing that could bring better benefits, maybe not financial benefits, but anything else that could bring you joy instead of dealing with people like us that believe in bitcoin.

Actually this type of behavior can be seen in a lot of online forums.   It's an expression of bitterness.   I also participate in an aviation forum and a few skiing forums.    There are the same certain folks who also seem to have incredibly negative views against certain models of aircraft, airlines, and even who seem to have developed a hatred for certain ski resorts (yes, it's somehow possible).  

sent from my X6
De Suga09

Activity: 352
Merit: 125

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 02:52:05 AM

I have experienced four big drops since I am into cryptocurrency. After every drop the price raised a lot and it went higher that it was before. I don't think the game is over now

I strongly disagree. Just like any other market, bitcoin also has its ups and downs. Bitcoin will not stay on its down low condition. If everyone is kist aware on how stock market goes, bitcoin I believe will behave in the same manner.
Quonelet

Activity: 29

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 03:03:33 AM

The whales - and anyone else with half a financial brain - are slowly selling all their bitcoin. As they sell, prices begin to drop sharply. They then hold back on the selling and newbies and "HODL'ers" are foolish enough to "buy the dip". This sends the price back up.

It then repeats with rates dropping again, until the newbies and "HODL'ers" buy the dip once more.

The game is over, and anyone so stupendously stupid to keep buying from the whales who are unloading are basically just throwing their money away.

You are right they are stupid people, but there are still many who are using it to make a profit. Not all "holders" are fools; I think those who follow FOMO are the fools who kill themselves.
Doge dealer

Activity: 462
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 03:39:54 PM

one of the great things about bitcoins is that its decentralized and no one person can lead it in any particular direction , what your suggesting actually works in the favor of bitcoins because if by whales you mean the "bigwigs" it simple means every time they sell some coins they give away some of there hold and power and that would indeed be good for the overall platform , because this feature of decentralization is one of the pillars of bitcoins. The prices that go up and down is one of the best feature as well because it allows newbies to be able  enter the market with some hope of re cooping there investment and making a profit on this said investment .

deviltasha

Activity: 308
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 03:46:54 PM

I am not too long in crypto industry, but when I was entering first thing I did was looking through statistics and history, and I noticed that the price is never stable, so I thought about it even in the end of 2017, and now I am not surprised. Yes, it is little bit depressing to see falling price, but still I do not understand your idea of posting all these.
Jaya912

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 03:52:59 PM

I have experienced four big drops since I am into cryptocurrency. After every drop the price raised a lot and it went higher that it was before. I don't think the game is over now

the game is not over yet and will not over so easy like this.
this all big correction happen because very unreasonable thing. all the news were just fake.
as the loyal bitcoiner, i still believe bitcoin and friend will rise again.
salihno71_1

Activity: 27

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 03:53:12 PM

You do have a point because most of these newbies and hodlers are all waiting for the “dip” so they could hoard a couple of bitcoins because of being hopeful that someday or maybe within this year bitcoin would skyrocketing again just like what happened around November and December last year. But I do hope the game isn’t over yet though, a lot could loose their money over this dipping.

Unfortunately a lot will indeed lose their money over this. They were warned multiple times in recent months - but, hey, what can you do when people commit themselves to a cult and leave all sanity at he doorstep in the hope of getting rich quick with no work to put in. Ain't no such thing as a free lunch.
If you are so against bitcoin and you think it is over, can we ask what are you doing wasting your precious time in a bitcoin forum? I suppose there are many other things that you could be doing that could bring better benefits, maybe not financial benefits, but anything else that could bring you joy instead of dealing with people like us that believe in bitcoin.

Actually this type of behavior can be seen in a lot of online forums.   It's an expression of bitterness.   I also participate in an aviation forum and a few skiing forums.    There are the same certain folks who also seem to have incredibly negative views against certain models of aircraft, airlines, and even who seem to have developed a hatred for certain ski resorts (yes, it's somehow possible).  

This guy freightjoe spreads FUD big time. Just checks his previous posts.
Lordas

Activity: 142
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 04:31:55 PM

I expect even bigger drop to buy more coins at cheap.
rwishva

Activity: 26
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 04:47:29 PM

most of the BTC buyers are waiting to buy but there were several dips until now. but where are buyers? why still were buyers not able to take the main wheel into their hands?  Huh
WalkinRobbie

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 05:05:32 PM

This is all it seems to me also, they are selling , we are buying dips and then they sell more, I never really understood market manipulation but this is making it all clear. 

Now hoping this drops down to under 1K  even $500 so hopefully this is just a non stop cycle ever 5 years for whales to make massive money and people who have money to buy in big on the 95% dips  will make massive money and then this all repeats again and again

DROP IT to $150 so I can buy in for a lot  and start joining in this circle of maniuplation 
Qartersa

Activity: 868
Merit: 535

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 05:15:34 PM

Why would the whales slowly ruin their cash cow?

Basically because they wanted to get assurance that they go home with little money than going home with nothing at all. Otherwise stated, they are already too scared to risk. That is just it, and nothing more. They are definitely not intending to ruin their cash cow but are just in fact trying to save their asses should Bitcoin's price fail to recover in the long run. You know, this happens because priorities change through time. They may have believed in the power of cryptos a year ago and went all out for it, and now found themselves making certain assurances about every investment they have. THIS IS A-NORMAL. But to say the game is over is outright a crybaby because 2018 has just began. As what they say, winners never quit; quitters never win. So, are you yay or nay? 
NyLymZbl

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 05:20:01 PM

I agree with you. As we can see the chart of the status of bitcoin since 2013-2017, the same wave that is happening. By the start of the year, bitcoin always drop and many investors are keep on panic about it and start to sell their bitcoin at the lowers price. But suddenly, after a few months the status are keep on changing. From low to highest rate. So i dont think so that now is the game was over. Keep on holding and you will what the good side of holding it.
Lintel

Activity: 638
Merit: 300

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 05:32:50 PM

Well said, my friend. The game is definitely not over at all. I, like you, have seen a lot of occasions where the price of Bitcoin had a drop and it has recovered very well. It is no different now. BTC is in good health, that's for sure.
yeah true, it is far from over..what we are experiencing nownis jot the biggest dip in bitcoin at all..it os only 48% decreased on value .there were in few years back  79 percent  .then after a few months bitcoin recovered and double its value. so until bitcoin is here we can't call it as over. the game  is still on, far from over. we will see soon.after a few months and before this year ends . bitcoin will go rock again.
logicgate

Activity: 994
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 06:53:01 PM

one of the great things about bitcoins is that its decentralized and no one person can lead it in any particular direction , what your suggesting actually works in the favor of bitcoins because if by whales you mean the "bigwigs" it simple means every time they sell some coins they give away some of there hold and power and that would indeed be good for the overall platform , because this feature of decentralization is one of the pillars of bitcoins. The prices that go up and down is one of the best feature as well because it allows newbies to be able  enter the market with some hope of re cooping there investment and making a profit on this said investment .
Yes, if the prices keep getting higher and higher, then the newbies wont be able to get into the currency as it will be a lot much discouraging for them, also there are no big whales on the bitcoin except those twin billionaire brothers and the reports from the media claim that they haven’t sold any of the bitcoin they had, and they also lost the title of the billionaire after this dip. So just wait and the prices will be settled back again.
thesmallgod

Activity: 1498
Merit: 129

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 06:56:41 PM

you write all this without any proof. it may be over for you but its damn not over for me. even if BTC hit below 1k I will still not sell my coin cheap. I will rather buy more and more altcoin. some are damn cheap now  Grin
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 06:58:46 PM

Such a downer sentiment. I love that. I can smell the blood on the street. It is time to buy.  Cool

Anyone wondering how I keep ending up with your money should understand a basic principle. You don't get much following the crowd. When people are panic selling like now, I buy. When everyone is buying at any price to keep from missing out, I'm selling. It works in other markets also. I am killing it in the stock market today because of the same kind of panic selling.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
elizavetausova0112

Activity: 84

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 07:50:12 AM

This game is not yet over soon. I would not like of course! I'm used to earning money from the crypto currency
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: