Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:42:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: actmyname, please remove your negative trust to my account  (Read 741 times)
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 03:46:12 AM
Merited by rjbtc2017 (5), Lutpin (1)

But what can you say about this filipino wrecking issue? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2728578.60 your a soldier right if I'm correct? So what is your stand to protect your country men here? Are you going to shout your mouth? We want to here your opinion since you are the Philippines board moderator.

What I am is not relevant here. My own country men should behave regardless of what country they really come from. We have a little section where they can go speak in their own language, but their behavior outside should be "world-class" ... whatever that really means. I know a lot of them have traveled abroad to work and send back money home.

Many of them rise up and improve themselves and are good examples for others to follow, while others like to grab and put down their own kind, sad to say. That is reality.

If I am a soldier, my job is to obey my superior officer, and usually that is to eliminate the rebels and win the hearts and minds of the people. That's off topic and irrelevant here.

I got mentioned in that thread too. My job here is to clean up my section because there is a lot of garbage there too. Some months ago and until today, I remove entire threads that are nonsense.

I don't care why they exist, I can't change people, they have to change themselves, but posts and threads that are so obviously useless are sent to the trash bin.

If they just stick there and talk amongst themselves, I let them be. Anything that isn't directly or indirectly related to bitcoin or crypto in general is deleted. Yes we like boxing and we have a world champion, I let a thread like that stay for a bit then lock it soon, or just remove it entirely as it has nothing to do with bitcoin.

With a country that has a billion people, even a small percentage of them is a large absolute number. They get a reputation from that small percentage but large number of people. In the Philippines, we have a hundred million people, ten million in the main capital region or city. We have, unfortunately a not so good reputation in many things; I'd rather not list them you can see for yourself. We also have, a good reputation in many other things as well, such as hospitality and work ethic (when in other countries it seems, but not so much back home, I don't know why, maybe fear of the law abroad.)

But let's talk about something practical about Asian English speakers. I can close my eyes in a room full of different nationalities that can all speak English, yet I will be able to tell with better than 80% certainty what country a person comes from just from the sound of their voice, I don't even have to look at them or I can be blind.

That's not racist, that's just how things are. Some people from my country can also close their eyes and tell you what region of the country you are from based on your accent even if we all speak Tagalog or Filipino.

Now bring it to a forum, people here do not immediately discriminate, but based on mass behavior, and knowing the posters come from one country (or other countries), it is sad that we all get lumped into the same category of "shitposter" or other derogatory or defaming label. That is sad, nothing I can do about that, I have defended my own countrymen enough, they have to be able to defend themselves or justify (properly and correctly and truly justifiably) what they do or have done.

I have read and listened to, and have seen every sad story there is, not just of my own country, but others as well, even in so called First World countries. You can't help everyone. That's also not my job.

The only reason people know I'm from the Philippines is that I've openly identified myself as such, otherwise not many would really know. That's how you blend in with the crowd here I guess.

I keep telling them to get a real job even from McDonald's or fast food service crew or some such, and that bitcointalk is not a place to "work". My "work" here is to clean up, so in some ways, I'm the "janitor" of the forum. Some get angry since I'm depriving them of income, which they did not justifiably earn. Some like it because you can read the section with a little bit more clarity after the junk has been removed.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
8Habits (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 294

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 05:42:49 AM

Name:    8Habits
Activity:    476
Position:    Sr. Member
Date Registered:    2016-07-03, 08:21:10

You've been around for more than a year, have more than three thousand posts, and ...

Here's what you do:

1. Remove yourself from any signature campaign. Don't get paid.
2. Start posting like any normal forum member who is NOT in a signature campaign.
3. Maybe you can then join a signature campaign, but only contribute to the threads or the forum as if you are not getting paid.

The problem this forum has is spam and posters (shit or not) that do not really contribute. It wastes time and money and server space and cpu. I'm a father to two children. I don't join signature campaigns. I did before because it was actually something I wanted to support or because it paid a whole bitcoin or something absurd so why not, but that lasted only a couple of weeks.

The problem is, your signature is not your own. Your personal text is not your own. And your avatar is not your own. You are obviously a paid poster. It has gotten out of hand, but the administrators and moderators of this site are still trying to control it.

Just post as if you are not getting paid or as if you are not in any campaign. If you would not post on a thread otherwise, then just don't post at all. It's that simple.

Posting or participating in a forum is not work nor is it a job. You may be working or treating it like a job, if so, then you have to be more professional about it.

Besides, in an early post of yours, you did say you prefer gold over bitcoin.

Now the trust system may be abused or used the wrong way, there is little you can do about changing that. The best is to take it up privately with whoever you are dealing with, but since you've made it public, accept that it's not going away anytime soon.

Posting to get paid is a waste of time the way I see it. Had you studied some alts or ICOs or even did a little bit of "real" trading and not just gambling on games of chance like dice or poker, you may have a little bit of a stash now. I have some. A little. None of it from posting, and I'm not counting my "pay" as a mod either, since that's like an absurd $50 a month.

Now this is all just my opinion, so ... have at it.

Bok,

Thank you for your opinion and it is an honor that one of the forum moderators come to the thread I created and expresses its views and ideas.

As I have said, I will accept whatever be the decision of actmyname but is asking for reconsideration to take a closer review of my case. For the time being, I rest my case to his good judgment for reconsideration and I am not bothering him anymore and waste more of his time unless there is a need to converse with him in the coming days or week (my last contact with him was last night when I send him a private message).

I am in all good faith trying to add value to the community and stay compliant while at the same time earning through my signature campaign just like many of the members here in the community. The problem was, I am too focus replying to threads I set to watch but as you can see in my posts history, I am very responsive to people who quoted my messages and at the same time quoting and expressing my views on the new replies to the threads I set to watch. I agree that it was a mistake because as actmyname stated, any words or replies will be insignificant to threads that have many score posts already and I am now changing that and removed all of my watchlists. I am now trying to find ways how to not get notifications to certain threads that show in my "Show new replies to your posts" so that I will make it sure that I no longer end up replying again to the old threads I watched. I am currently just replying to new threads and doing all of my best that every reply of mine adds value to OP and to everyone who needs the information in general. Although there will be times where I am the one who will be asking questions but we all know that that is what this forum is for - an exchange of ideas, asking or answering questions, and helping one another.

I respect your recommendations but it feels like I am being singled out to remove my signature where I have been a member for awhile and is compliant to the signature campaign's requirements and to the forum in all good faith.

I have not caused any harm, fraud, and insult to anyone in the forum since I became a member here. I think it would be unfair to my part that I will remove my signature and others are in the signature campaign. Although that was just your opinion and it will be up to me to remove it or not OR maybe I don't have to because my signature campaign manager will already kick me out because of the negative trust. But that is the reason why I plead here so that I will still continue with my signature campaign and at the same time gives more value to the community.

But, I will definitely heed to your last 2 recommendations:

2. Start posting like any normal forum member who is NOT in a signature campaign.
3. Maybe you can then join a signature campaign, but only contribute to the threads or the forum as if you are not getting paid.

Again, my sincerest thanks for taking time and giving advice mod Dabs and more power!

Sincerely,
8Habits
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 07:17:51 AM

What I am is not relevant here. My own country men should behave regardless of what country they really come from. We have a little section where they can go speak in their own language, but their behavior outside should be "world-class" ... whatever that really means.
This.

I keep telling them to get a real job even from McDonald's or fast food service crew or some such, and that bitcointalk is not a place to "work". My "work" here is to clean up, so in some ways, I'm the "janitor" of the forum. Some get angry since I'm depriving them of income, which they did not justifiably earn. Some like it because you can read the section with a little bit more clarity after the junk has been removed.
See, you're a smart one. Abusing positions should be always avoided, even in tough situations. Seeing posting as a *job* is very wrong, and unless one actually spends 40 hours a week reaching a posting quota of let's say 30 posts (which isn't that uncommon), they're likely delivering utter garbage.
I like you, just wish that you had a stronger fire in you. Cheesy

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Chrystora123

Activity: 1414
Merit: 228

Omicron is another FUD

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 09:23:37 AM

See, you're a smart one. Abusing positions should be always avoided, even in tough situations. Seeing posting as a *job* is very wrong, and unless one actually spends 40 hours a week reaching a posting quota of let's say 30 posts (which isn't that uncommon), they're likely delivering utter garbage.
I like you, just wish that you had a stronger fire in you. Cheesy
with no decrease my respect sir ,
I think we are currently doing a "Job" but in a new way, I think the legendary seniors have something experienced  like this, hoping to get paid from the post because they are still pioneering,
and honestly I get the fund to open my business from this forum, I very grateful for this forum, and surely if my Business already big,  I'll give my little luck for this forum or become a Donator  Smiley

Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 07:50:12 PM

Thanks @Lauda! I'm not that old, but I intend to "retire" in about ten years. I got lucky the past couple of years doing the other stuff that isn't moderating. It's not a job either, but it has somehow replaced my income, even thought I am at the bottom of the list and sometimes refused to do many contracts (or people don't like my minimum fee.)

I didn't set out to make it a living, more of something I just want to do, so now I got a portfolio of alts that I just hodl'd for years and when in November and December bitcoin went up to 5 digits, everything else went up as well, including all the crapcoins that I forgot about, not to mention all the crapforks.

I only abuse my military position so the local traffic enforcer does not give me a driving violation ticket. Tongue I don't even say anything, there is a way to give non-verbal cues that law enforcement understand who you might be without telling them, as well as sticking in your ID right beside your driver's license, and letting them get a glimpse of your firearm.

But that's off topic, I digress. I shitpost in shitpost threads because all the shitposters in that thread are shitposting everyone else and the admins are actively ignoring it (and took out signatures, so there are no spammers there, just shitposters with ten thousand bitcoins.)

As for my kababayans (fellow country men) just behave. You know if I'm police, I'm supposed to shoot you if you do drugs. But I'm a soldier so we do medical missions to poor areas who can't afford medicine, give free haircuts and circumsize young male kids in the middle of a soccer field. (yah! really!)

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: