Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 03:35:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Amount in Blockchain, but not in multibit  (Read 1326 times)
Itcher (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 12:46:01 PM

Hello,

I sended myself a little amount of bitcoins to my multibit-adress.

Some hours later it's not shown in multibit. But transaction did work fine, when I copy my adress from multibit to blochain.info, the amount is there.

Can anybody help?
mjb

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 01:30:02 PM

Can you post a link to the transaction in question?

Did you check whether Multibit can connect/synchronise with the Bitcoin network? (state Online - synchronised with network in the status bar at the bottom)
Itcher (OP)

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 01:34:03 PM

Hi, thank you

Here's my adress: https://blockchain.info/address/184TT1NuXdEFJXaJYg3XCgaW5aRWxCis3u

Everything seems allright.

Multibit is online and synchronized. But the wallet is empty.
mjb

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 02:44:21 PM

Try Tools->Reset Blockchains and Transactions...

Are you really sure that 184TT1NuXdEFJXaJYg3XCgaW5aRWxCis3u is the address that is in the Multibit wallet?
Itcher (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 09:13:17 AM

Thank you, it worked, my btc are now in my wallet
tclo

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 08:32:16 PM

I was having this exact same problem and about to start a thread on it, but the reset worked for me too and thanks for the help.
realcoin

Merit: 250

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 09:34:48 PM

I was having this exact same problem and about to start a thread on it, but the reset worked for me too and thanks for the help.
Me too!

But why we need to "Reset Blockchains and Transactions"?
If you are new to multibit and installed it and it seems you can not receive BTC, its not secure feeling.

I am not "Realcoin REC"! There were no REC when I sign up the forum...
Mike Hearn
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1129

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 01:31:43 PM

Due to bugs. Unfortunately, without people submitting logs, it's hard to know what the bugs are. If this happens to you, please do work with Jim to submit a bug report.
realcoin

Merit: 250

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 01:59:19 PM

Due to bugs. Unfortunately, without people submitting logs, it's hard to know what the bugs are. If this happens to you, please do work with Jim to submit a bug report.
I found this:
I sent bitcoin to MultiBit but they never arrived
https://multibit.org/en/help/v0.5/help_support_sentBitcoinToMultibitButTheyNeverArrived.html

and this:
Money doesn't appear
https://github.com/jim618/multibit/issues/233#issuecomment-23868850

it seems they know about that issue. But anyway, If you are new to multibit its still not a secure feeling.
It seems they dont ask to submit logs from people...? I dont know how to do that and where to send.

I am not "Realcoin REC"! There were no REC when I sign up the forum...
jim618
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1066

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2013, 03:02:09 PM

Yes it seems to affect somewhere around 1 per 10, 000 transactions but we have not been able to track down the problem.

If you could email the logs that are in your user data log directory to support@multibit.org they would be useful. Just zip up everything in the log directory. You can see where your user data is stored in version 0.5.14 by looking at the 'Messages' tab when MultiBit starts - it is written there.

Thanks

MultiBit HD   Lightweight desktop client.                    Bitcoin Solutions Ltd   Bespoke software. Consultancy.
Mike Hearn
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1129

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 05:50:20 PM

This issue doesn't tend to have a single cause. It can be best described as "your wallet app gets desynchronized from the Bitcoin network". The problem Bitcoin solves is synchronization in a large, distributed system in which some nodes are malicious. That's a tough problem. bitcoinj has had over time various bugs that can be triggered in edge cases that cause it to end up desynchronised from the network. Doing a "replay" tells it to forget its current state and rebuild it all from the block chain, which resolves the issue.

The Android wallet has a bug reporter built in which is very useful. I've got a long to investigate at the moment that resulted in desync, but it's not necessarily the same issue you're seeing.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: