Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 07:39:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] CommunityCoin (CTC) (Currency Name Change)  (Read 5390 times)
djchoppa

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 07:54:43 AM
Last edit: August 26, 2013, 10:58:53 AM by djchoppa

Here's the details you need for mining.  Smiley

communitycoin.conf  

rpcuser=user
rpcpassword=password
rpcport=22700
server=1
addnode=212.48.67.126

Cgminer Details : cgminer.exe --scrypt -o localthost:22700 -u user -p password

Block Explorer : http://altcha.in/chain/Crimecoin     -  I assume this will be renamed to Communitycoin

Mining Pool : http://mc.lksmith.me
Cgminer Details : cgminer.exe --scrypt -o http://mc.lksmith.me:9988 -u poolusername -p worker password

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                ✯       Get Your FREE Coins NOW!      ✯
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
djchoppa

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 08:25:15 AM

Network hashrate is over 90MH/s.  Seems communitycoin is quite popular.  Smiley

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                ✯       Get Your FREE Coins NOW!      ✯
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
vedalken254

Activity: 111

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2013, 08:38:44 AM

Wow! After the name change Network Hashing power has spiked to over 100MH/s... i don't know whether to be happy or to be paranoid that this might be a 51% attack.

You've read my forum signature. That's enough social interaction for one day.
vedalken254

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2013, 10:54:39 AM

Here's the details you need for mining.  Smiley

communitycoin.conf  

rpcuser=user
rpcpassword=password
rpcport=22700
rpcallow=*.*.*.*
server=1
addnode=212.48.67.126

Cgminer Details : cgminer.exe --scrypt -o localthost:22700 -u user -p password

Block Explorer : http://altcha.in/chain/Crimecoin     -  I assume this will be renamed to Communitycoin

Mining Pool : http://mc.lksmith.me
Cgminer Details : cgminer.exe --scrypt -o http://mc.lksmith.me:9988 -u poolusername -p worker password

Just as an FYI: rpcallowip line should NOT be in your confs. Doing so presents a security risk if somebody can figure out your username/pw. Also, Change user to something else and password to something random that you can copy paste for your own safety. server=1 doesn't need to be there assuming you're not solo mining. also. Dj missed something in the pool cgminer string. it's supposed to be cgminer.exe --scrypt -o http://mc.lksmith.me:9988 -u poolusername.workername -p workerpassword.

Veddy

EDIT: rpcallowip line is not required for peer connections like CaptChadd thought. Peer connections will happen regardless. So please, REMOVE that line from the conf and DO NOT open that port up to the public internet.

djchoppa

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 11:00:23 AM

edited - I just copied it from the other crimecoin thread.

vedalken254

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2013, 02:02:08 PM

Looks like somebody wanted to diff spike this chain. And they succeeded.... oh well.

Veddy

vedalken254

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2013, 01:44:14 AM

Sorry about the pool Downtime guys. host cd drive decided to be a punk and i had to run out of the house with the cd that was in the drive before i could restart the pool

Veddy

CaptChadd (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1005

Product Marketing & Promotion / Software Developer

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 12:54:07 PM

I have been soloing this a bit too, to help with the diff spike, will get back to normal. The person or group that power mined it get quiet a few coins and so become interested on this on an exchange, so it only helps really.
vedalken254

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2013, 01:51:03 PM

I have been soloing this a bit too, to help with the diff spike, will get back to normal. The person or group that power mined it get quiet a few coins and so become interested on this on an exchange, so it only helps really.

Technically solo mining doesn't help/hurt the diff spike. Damage is done for a while. although we dropped down to .41 diff from .77 which is good.

Veddy

rlh

Activity: 804
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 03:16:20 PM

How often is diff recalced?  We've found with Mincoin that about 70 blocks is reasonable enough between retargets.

A Personal Quote on BTT from 2011:
"I'd be willing to make a moderate "investment" if the value of the BTC went below $2.00.  Otherwise I'll just have to live with my 5 BTC and be happy. :/"  ...sigh.  If only I knew.
djchoppa

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 07:05:04 PM

It's recalcuated every 144 blocks.  Am I correct in saying that with a 5min block time they should normally take about 12 hours,  if the 144 take less than 12 hours then the diff goes up, if they take more then the diff goes down?

vedalken254

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2013, 07:13:30 PM

It's recalcuated every 144 blocks.  Am I correct in saying that with a 5min block time they should normally take about 12 hours,  if the 144 take less than 12 hours then the diff goes up, if they take more then the diff goes down?
That's correct (I think).

Veddy

rlh

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 08:11:40 PM

I'm not sure if anyone has implemented this strategy just yet, but I'm a fan of a rolling average for difference retargeting.  Say, every 10 blocks diff is recalculated, but averaged across the past 50-80 blocks.

I've "dreamed" of this idea but I don't know if anyone else has thought of it and tried to implement it.  I don't see why it wouldn't work well.

"I'd be willing to make a moderate "investment" if the value of the BTC went below $2.00.  Otherwise I'll just have to live with my 5 BTC and be happy. :/"  ...sigh.  If only I knew.
rlh

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 08:16:42 PM

Well, there goes the coin... some miner on the pool is pumping out over 11MH/s, which is about 5x the rest of the combined network.  Also, he's hitting blocks at a rate of almost 1 every minute.

Guess that means we should see ~25-30 minute blocks when he stops. Angry

vedalken254

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2013, 01:32:23 AM
Last edit: August 28, 2013, 07:22:29 AM by vedalken254

Pool is currently down due to overload in the block generation system for PPLNS. Will post when back online.

EDIT: Unfortunately, it's going to be harder to fix than I originally thought. Minus the currently listed donation amounts, i will pay out the current wallet, create a new one and then wipe the db except for the userdb...

Veddy

2nd EDIT: Pham: please put a payout address into my pool's db or else i won't be able to pay you.

3rd EDIT: Turns out i screwed up in the troubleshooting. I should've looked and added a share to a certain block but i didn't. New wallet is in place and I will be paying all of it out based on the backed up history of shares. I do sincerely apologize.

Veddy

rlh

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 11:14:47 AM

*snip*

3rd EDIT: Turns out i screwed up in the troubleshooting. I should've looked and added a share to a certain block but i didn't. New wallet is in place and I will be paying all of it out based on the backed up history of shares. I do sincerely apologize.

Veddy

I'll consider that growing pains.  I managed to mine about 25 coins yesterday.  Can I still post an address for a cashout or does it no longer matter?

vedalken254

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2013, 01:33:36 PM

*snip*

Veddy

I'll consider that growing pains.  I managed to mine about 25 coins yesterday.  Can I still post an address for a cashout or does it no longer matter?

add your address to your account and i'll send you a manual tx.

Veddy

rlh

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 02:44:44 PM

Address updated.  Thank you.

CaptChadd (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1005

Product Marketing & Promotion / Software Developer

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 06:34:14 PM

Not sure why some people are power mining this to pump the difficulty up. Either to damage it or to get a vast amount of coins.

If they get a load of coins then I am sure they will want to sell them at some point or what a waste.
vedalken254

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2013, 01:04:16 PM
Last edit: August 30, 2013, 08:39:19 PM by vedalken254

Address updated.  Thank you.

Should the power miner not come forth and enter an address, I will be redistributing his earnings. (After a reasonable amount of time, of course.) I plan to give him 2 weeks and if he doesn't put in an address into the DB, i'll redistribute what's left. I don't like having that amount of CTC just sitting in a pool wallet that is now unused.

Veddy

EDIT: rlh: tx sent for 50 CTC. TxID: 58264c6029e79cbb84422a7046ce34473f377205b93d75dc3e53299e65bd2cea

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: