Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 08:07:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Unexpectedly: criticism of Bitcoin in Sweden  (Read 246 times)
Pan Troglodytes

Activity: 392
Merit: 39

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:22:36 PM

Can they enforce this legally?

I would expect they could get into a large legal battle over this if any staff wanted to take it further.

I am positive they can. This is common for companies to regulate borderline cases, which are not illegal, but undesired, like gift-giving (on a border with bribery) or possessing stock or securities (being on a border with insider trading) and others like addressing cases of conflicting interests etc. They usually do that in a form of a code-of-conduct document. I am sure this is simply such a case. I wouldn't be reading to much into this news. It is just a company policy and that's it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Wahyu aep

Activity: 149
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:27:26 PM

anyone who wants to bits Bitcoin and crypto will generally plunge into music when the price is not visible rosey it. We will laugh the last time they sit at the station, I'm patient and you should be too - let haters hate and survive there people, some difficult days, but for a long time -
oaktree

Activity: 23
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:32:19 PM

Unexpectedly: criticism of Bitcoin in Sweden

Nordea Bank AB took up arms against the Crypto-currency.
Bloomberg reports that the largest Nordea bank in Sweden and the whole of Northern Europe sent a memorandum to its employees with a ban on trading Bitcoin and other crypto-currencies.

Unexplained, but true: Bitcoin in Sweden is not loved by everyone!
Nordea Bank AB has imposed a ban on operations with crypto-currencies after the bank's board reached a conclusion about the unregulated nature of the crypto-currency market. However, Nordea stated that the bank's updated policy includes transitional provisions for personnel with existing crypto-currency reserves and "permits certain exceptions". In other words, employees who already own Bitcoin are allowed to keep their savings in a crypto-currency form.

More

Is that legal? Can an employer tell an employee what to do with their own money
Pan Troglodytes

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:34:40 PM

Unexpectedly: criticism of Bitcoin in Sweden

Nordea Bank AB took up arms against the Crypto-currency.
Bloomberg reports that the largest Nordea bank in Sweden and the whole of Northern Europe sent a memorandum to its employees with a ban on trading Bitcoin and other crypto-currencies.

Unexplained, but true: Bitcoin in Sweden is not loved by everyone!
Nordea Bank AB has imposed a ban on operations with crypto-currencies after the bank's board reached a conclusion about the unregulated nature of the crypto-currency market. However, Nordea stated that the bank's updated policy includes transitional provisions for personnel with existing crypto-currency reserves and "permits certain exceptions". In other words, employees who already own Bitcoin are allowed to keep their savings in a crypto-currency form.

More

Is that legal? Can an employer tell an employee what to do with their own money

read my post 2 posts above mate.... I think they can. This is legal. It is called a company code-of-conduct and regulates grey and borderline cases. Read my post
Doge dealer

Activity: 462
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:41:19 PM

lets not take this out of context as that is what we do in a lot of situations , the issue as stated her is not that they are against bitcoins  what they have the issue with is the fact that its currently unregulated.What kind of regulation they would want to feel comfortable is left to be seen ,however  you don't expect a king to give up his throne without a fight now do we ?

Lupulei

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 07:17:35 PM

From all other countries, in Sweden that wanted to push out the cash money to digital form, we see this kind of behavior.
Reasons could be in the bank itself. They could be protecting their self against crypto or don't want to deal with unregulated stuff.
Either way they invested a lot of money to push out most of the cash flow to electronic state.
Pan Troglodytes

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 11:26:50 AM

From all other countries, in Sweden that wanted to push out the cash money to digital form, we see this kind of behavior.
Reasons could be in the bank itself. They could be protecting their self against crypto or don't want to deal with unregulated stuff.
Either way they invested a lot of money to push out most of the cash flow to electronic state.
Maybe you pinned the real cause. Look, from what I am hearing, in Sweden they have a very deep penetration of services provided by credit card giants: even the beggars and homeless people have the card terminals, and people look at you really strange if you attempt to pay cash even to buy everyday things. So they have an even bigger incentive to oppose bitcoin than in other countries.

Look - for banks and their friends (visa or mastercard) it is not the share of market they will gain or not, like in other countries. They have already eliminated cash. It is rather a share of market they will lose if bitcoin wins. And losing is more painful than not gaining.
Roman Coinson

Activity: 112
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 12:08:18 PM

Holy molly!! I couldn't expect something like that from the Scandinavian country...They always the first, who introduce new technologies
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: