Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 10:26:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Investment or speculation ???  (Read 159 times)
songhykiotran (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 04:49:55 PM

Let's think together and give opinions.
Bitcoin investment or Altcoins is speculation rather than investment?
jamestorm

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 04:58:25 PM

I think that is speculation. Yes.

Last year, it was not hard to catch up with the articles and shareings that read "Buy Bitcoin," "Five Easy Ways to Earn Bitcoin." These are the calls from people who promise that you will be rich by bitcoin. But is it really that easy? Can anyone do it?

Honestly, when you hear about people who make a lot of money in a short amount of time, you will probably find it really curious. And if you look at the bitcoin price, you will see its incredible boom in 2017. Just buy this currency before the price boom, you will live up to its wealth of 2,000% in just 1 year.

An overly attractive investment? Wrong! "Investment" bitcoin fact is not "investment". That is speculation!
Don Pedro Dinero
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1537

The first decentralized crypto betting platform

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 05:02:52 PM

Buying the same asset can be investment of speculation depending on the previous work. If you buy bitcoin because you hear in the news that is going up fast and you don’t want to miss out, but you don’t read any information about it you are speculating. If, however, you read Satoshi’s white paper, read about the blockchain technology and learn a lot before you decide to buy you are investing. This can also be applied to alts or any asset.

Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 05:06:33 PM

Bitcoin imo is the only coin you really can invest in risk-wise.
The chance of Bitcoin to go down has decreased a lot over the last 3-4 years. Bitcoin imo will be relevant in the near, mid and far future.
Most altcoins however are just here for crazy speculation and gambling. They exist to either make you more BTC or to lose them. Depends on how good you are in trading.
mamabtc

Activity: 39

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 05:12:02 PM

Every investment is kind of a speculation, with BTC you have less risk because it is relatively stable. But most altcoins are targets of speculators and are maybe more suitable for traders and gamblers. Depends what you want to do with your coins... I HODL my BTC, ETH and LTC as I think that they are a good long-term investments too, but I like to play with the other ones as I am a passionate trader.
sopromat

Activity: 353
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 05:12:57 PM

Bitcoin is NOT an investment, when are you going to understand that? Bitcoin & altcoins have only been created for feature purposes, only that the investors are saying that it is an "investment" because you are earning a bunch of money from them.
dyewic

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 05:19:19 PM

Bitcoin imo is the only coin you really can invest in risk-wise.
The chance of Bitcoin to go down has decreased a lot over the last 3-4 years. Bitcoin imo will be relevant in the near, mid and far future.
Most altcoins however are just here for crazy speculation and gambling. They exist to either make you more BTC or to lose them. Depends on how good you are in trading.

I strongly agree on your opinion that, The chance of Bitcoin to go down has decreased a lot over the last 3-4 years, bitcoin imo will be relevant in the near, mid and far future and most altcoins however are just here for crazy speculation and gambling. And adding also my opinion that, Bitcoin & altcoins have only been created for feature purposes, only that the investors are saying that it is an "investment" because you are earning a bunch of money from them. In addition, Every investment is kind of a speculation, with BTC you have less risk because it is relatively stable. But most altcoins are targets of speculators and are maybe more suitable for traders and gamblers.
kevoh

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 05:22:24 PM
Last edit: January 22, 2018, 05:34:56 PM by kevoh

Firstly, speculating and investing are similar terms and their usage is just a matter of semantics. One is pretty much speculating that a cryptocoin will multiply when he invests a certain amount of money.

Secondly, I quite disagree with others on this thread who say that Bitcoin will be more relevant in the future. Bitcoin has issues that make it difficult to use for simple transactions and if it does not gets it's act right as soon as possible, other coins with better use case will take over it.
cuccubarbie

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 05:32:41 PM

Difference between investment and speculation is not too complicated: Investing is an analysis of the subject of investment and the expectation of the development of the object to be invested in order to create a surplus value in the future. Speculation is different, this is the behavior of a person, take advantage of the opportunity of the market down to accumulate products, goods and profits after the market stabilized.
Speculation is when you buy something with a sole purpose of selling at a higher level in the future.
batman12345

Activity: 51

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 05:54:57 PM

well what i think the both you think can right but can wrong.

if bitcoin investment yes bitcoin is investment but now bitcoin not always investment because tether company manipulate the price of bitcoin

if Altcoins is speculation. if their project good, the developer have supportive work experience, the location of company transparent also have business license. we know this coin will legit ,speculation this coin this price will go to hight..

Crytptohack

Activity: 126
Merit: 15

HodL!

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2018, 06:02:52 PM

The blockchain technology is relatively new so IMO, purchasing any of the coins/tokens are a speculation.  Even in the conventional stock market, people speculate in stocks, not invest.

If someone purchases a dividend paying stock and plans to holds onto it for a very long time, I'd say that is an investment. Also cash flowing real estate comes to mind as an investment.
spyderbilt

Activity: 320
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 06:07:09 PM

it all depends on how we behave. if indeed we have a very big money I think speculation does not have a problem. but if we have minimal money we can only invest in order to avoid the high risk to lose.
Nahl
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 06:24:24 PM

i personally more likely to consider bitcoin and altcoin is speculation and investment because if we see from investment side bitcoin and altcoin good for investment asset and hold them for short term and long term purppose is good but it can be considered as speculation too because sometimes we can predict the price both of them until hoping if we sell at the particular price we expect huge profit from our speculations results
cryptocrusher

Activity: 420
Merit: 136

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 06:26:30 PM

I think that all investments are speculative, nothing is without a level of risk and that is what you are speculating upon. I guess they are also speculative to a further extent in that payouts are not guaranteed. Something like having a savings account is speculative because there is still a small level of risk but at least the payout is determined.

b e t f o r m ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ SMART CONTRACT POWERED SOCIAL BETTING PLATFORM
                                                     A p p Download ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Google Play   App Store     [ WEB VERSION ]                                 ❱❱JOIN b e t f o r m❰❰
                       F o l l o w us ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ WHITEPAPER TELEGRAM FACEBOOK TWITTER
joeydangerous

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 06:28:02 PM

I think that all investments are speculative, nothing is without a level of risk and that is what you are speculating upon. I guess they are also speculative to a further extent in that payouts are not guaranteed. Something like having a savings account is speculative because there is still a small level of risk but at least the payout is determined.
I think that if you invest in Bitcoin then it would be an investment. If you just watch the price then it would be a speculative thing.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
secondgarlic

Activity: 112
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 06:29:31 PM

I don't think it can be considered a speculation, because it has such a huge scale and a high market cap I find it not viable that an operation of this size is running on speculation (although people against bitcoin believe this). It is definitely an investment, albeit an unconventional one.

bocyaj

Activity: 1326
Merit: 308

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 06:31:48 PM

i personally more likely to consider bitcoin and altcoin is speculation and investment because if we see from investment side bitcoin and altcoin good for investment asset and hold them for short term and long term purppose is good but it can be considered as speculation too because sometimes we can predict the price both of them until hoping if we sell at the particular price we expect huge profit from our speculations results

I agree with your points buddy.Both bitcoin and altcoin is best to inverse your money.Bitcoin is the asset best for short term profit where as altcoin is the best to inverse for the long-term profit.Ethereum price will slowly increase ,this is the reason for Ethereum as a long-term profit.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
███████████▀▌▄▀██████████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
██████▄███▀▀██▀██████████
█████████▌█████████▌█████
█████████▌█████████▌█████
██████████▄███▄███▀██████
████████████████▀▀███████
███████████▀▀▀███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▀▀████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
Available in
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
bitcoinposts

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 06:33:47 PM

Bitcoin is asset asset grow in time frame nt so hurry in nature so bitcoin is nt speculation it is an asset-based investments
bubidan.id

Activity: 185
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 06:35:30 PM

My opinions is Investment, on both Bitcoin and Altcoin. But for Altcoin case, you must have many research.
and speculation is needed in here, for indicator buy and sell your coin.

Elysian Finance◆   |   Next generation reverse backed token
https://elysian.finance/
Julunguul

Activity: 473
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2018, 06:55:26 PM

in this time, most people only know bitcoin or alts is a something where you invest your funds there, then wait for the chart to go up and you're selling (here people will think this is speculation), but not if you introduce them what is blockchain, the technology, how it works, you will think that this bitcoin and its technology is an investment, not just speculation.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: