Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What is the effect of US Government Shutdown on Bitcoin Market
Bullish Market
Bearish Market
it has no effect on Bitcoin Market

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Effect of US Government Shutdown on Bitcoin Market  (Read 173 times)
justbfa (OP)

Activity: 115
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 05:39:12 PM

Does the shutting down of US government has effect on Bitcoin Market?
If yes, is there a way to prevent such effect on Bitcoin market in future.
ClutchThese

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 05:41:27 PM

It has zero effect on the bitcoin market. If it had any affect, it would have been last week leading up to the shutdown.

Signature for Rent - PM if Interested
justbfa (OP)

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 10:28:30 PM

It has zero effect on the bitcoin market. If it had any affect, it would have been last week leading up to the shutdown.

Okay, let's keep our fingers crossed, I hope some Whales are not taking advantage of this.
Hydrogen
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 10:45:22 PM

Right now, there is a piece of legislation known as "Senate Bill 1241" making the rounds through lawmakers jurisdiction(easy to find info on this via search engine btw). Bill 1241 contained provisions for the US government seizing / confiscating crypto currencies without due process or just cause, if I'm remembering right. With the US government shut down, they should not be able to pass bill 1241. This could have a positive effect on bitcoin's price.

The same could apply to net neutrality. It may not be implemented on a federal level with the shutdown. Individual states might be able to do it, however. There's a story in the news today about Montana being the 1st state to implement it.
Saimabutterfly

Activity: 257
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 11:50:05 PM

Well it hasn't been implemented yet, and I believe they will not implement a bill against crypto, I want USA to make it legalize by coming under taxes so that traders have freedom to buy crypto currencies.

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 11:58:19 AM

Shutting down of US government is just an isolated occurrence that have no relevance even to the capital markets or wall streets not to talk of the crypto market in which its economy is not based on. Come to think of it the shut down was not even long enough for other countries and the international market to start feeling its effect. The Democrats and the Republicans have made their individual points and they are ready to move forward on the impasse that they threw themselves in.

Bitcoin has not grown to the point of fusing into the economies of countries entire bitcoin market capitalization is not even relevant in comparison to the GDP of my country now comparing it with the United States of over 300 million people is like over bloating our capacities which does not do any good to any one.
MadWalker24

Activity: 23

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 01:14:42 PM

I wonder if there is a reference link so we can evaluate if its true or just FUD. Anyway, the Shutdown of the Bitcoin Market in US I think might have some few effect but it doesn't mean that it can cause a major DIP of the price.
portotoi

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

Blockchain with a Purpose

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 01:27:32 PM

The Shutdown on Bitcoin Market by US Government cannot affect the bitcoin market. Because bitcoin is decentralized.

justbfa (OP)

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 01:29:18 PM

Shutting down of US government is just an isolated occurrence that have no relevance even to the capital markets or wall streets not to talk of the crypto market in which its economy is not based on. Come to think of it the shut down was not even long enough for other countries and the international market to start feeling its effect. The Democrats and the Republicans have made their individual points and they are ready to move forward on the impasse that they threw themselves in.

Bitcoin has not grown to the point of fusing into the economies of countries entire bitcoin market capitalization is not even relevant in comparison to the GDP of my country now comparing it with the United States of over 300 million people is like over bloating our capacities which does not do any good to any one.

Great analysis.
I reason with you.
Nevertheless, let's keep observing the market.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: