Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:19:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sports Bettors NFL/NCAA Pick Six 18 Week Fun Competition 1BTC Entry Fee  (Read 792 times)
Philb (OP)

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 04:37:47 PM

Welcome to the 1st annual PICK SIX POOL!

There are weekly prizes and season-end prizes

Here are the rules:

You pick 6 games against the spread for 18 weeks (1st week is only NCAA, weeks 2-18 are NCAA & NFL). You can use any combination you want - examples: 6 NCAA totals, 6 NFL teams, 2 NCAA sides, 4 NFL sides, etc... Week 1 games begin Thursday 8/29. I will accept entries up until 10am Saturday 8/31 6-0 wins you the week. YOU MUST GO 6-0 to win.  If nobody goes 6-0, the prize carries over to the next week (similar to a "Skin" in Golf). There are no tie-breakers, if multiple go 6-0, the prize gets split.

In the case of no entry going 6-0 in the final week of the pool, week 18, then that prize skin is divided among the top 3 records for that skin (counting all weeks of carryover). (example: If no entry has gone 6-0 since week 15 and week 18 is a 3 week carryover skin, then the top 3 records during weeks 16-18 divide that skin with 50% for 1st 30% for 2nd & 20% for 3rd). If an entry goes 6-0 in week 17 and no entry goes 6-0 during week 18, then the week 18 skin will be divided equally amongst all week 18 5-1s.

The Pick deadline is 10am Pacific Sunday (for week 1 is 10am Pacific Saturday). Once a game kicks off, picks for that game will be displayed. All picks will be displayed by the pick deadline each week.

1BTC is the entry fee - this is the breakdown: 75% goes to the weekly skin winners, 5% for admin fees, and 20% for the end of the season winners as seen below:

10% goes to the person with the best record over the full 18 weeks
5% goes to the person with the 2nd best record over the full 18 weeks
3% goes to the person with the 3rd best record over the full 18 weeks
2% is the booby prize - the person with the WORST record over the full 18 weeks (must make all 108 weekly picks)

FOR EXAMPLE:

If we have 100 people sign up the weekly payout will be  4.16BTC (100BTC*.75 = 75BTC/18Weeks = 4.16BTC a week).  Overall best record at the end of the season wins 7.5BTC, 2nd place wins 5BTC, 3rd place wins 3BTC and the worst record receives 2BTC

These numbers will vary depending on how many people enter.  The more people that enter, the more money you can make.

officefootballpool.com is the website I have chosen to run the Pool. I have used it before and it is very easy to use.

Winners will be paid weekly to their wallet and every week there will be a newsletter discussing the weekly results and what not and really, it is a lot of fun.  You get 18 weeks of entertainment for only 1BTC and you get a chance of winning.  It makes watching football that much more fun.

If you are interested, please write "interested" below so I can get a feel for how many people.  Officefootball.com charges a fee to open a pool so I want to see if we can get some people before I spend the money.  Also, if you have any questions or comments, please ask!

THANKS!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: