Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:30:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The main post in a topic  (Read 139 times)
Kazbit (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 06:13:26 PM

Hi all,

I'm only new here and wondering if there is a setting in my profile (I have looked but can't see one) to pin the main post from the person who created the topic in each topic thread? Sometimes, I have to search for pages to find the information in regard to the topic of the thread. One would think it was either on the first or maybe last pages, but unfortunately, that's not always the case and then sometimes there have been updates, which are important and god knows where they are, so if you know if this is a setting, can you please let me know. And if not, I'm would assume we all have this problem, so maybe someone with skills can make an update? Just a thought

Thanks heaps

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 6099

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 06:41:27 PM

I don't think I understand your question. The main post (aka OP) is always the first one in the thread. If you want to have a link to a specific post then near the 'Quote' button on the right of each post, you will see a number click it and you will get a link for that specific post/comment.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2018, 08:23:22 PM

I understand what you want to do, and the answer is "no". However there is a simple workaround that I use. Just open Bitcointalk in two browser windows, and leave you reference post in one window, whilst you cruise the thread in the other window, You can even cut and paste between windows. Smiley

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
charlzyeby

Activity: 182
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 01:04:36 AM

Hi all,

I'm only new here and wondering if there is a setting in my profile (I have looked but can't see one) to pin the main post from the person who created the topic in each topic thread? Sometimes, I have to search for pages to find the information in regard to the topic of the thread. One would think it was either on the first or maybe last pages, but unfortunately, that's not always the case and then sometimes there have been updates, which are important and god knows where they are, so if you know if this is a setting, can you please let me know. And if not, I'm would assume we all have this problem, so maybe someone with skills can make an update? Just a thought

Thanks heaps
You can bookmark the page you wish to pin in your browser or go to "save as" in your browser and save it in a your preferred name. That is easier.
Kazbit (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 05:03:41 AM

I don't think I understand your question. The main post (aka OP) is always the first one in the thread. If you want to have a link to a specific post then near the 'Quote' button on the right of each post, you will see a number click it and you will get a link for that specific post/comment.

Thanks Jet Cash, thats what I've been doing Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: