Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:26:01 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New way to secure bitcoins with Armory  (Read 1114 times)
dpup5520 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 07:19:51 PM

Hey guys I know this is my first post here but I wanted to share something with you guys which is the main reason I registered.  I wanted to post this in the Armory sub-forum but since I'm restricted to here for now I'll just post it here.  I'm one of the smaller developers for Puppy Linux and create a Puppy for securing your Bitcoins using Armory's offline/cold storage method along with the additional encryption and portable capabilities of Puppy. It can be found here http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=88152&sid=3f7f4f552c75a03cca30b88c460e6ffe as it doesn't seem to many people there use Bitcoins so I figure you will all be able to get some better use/critique it.
It is a little difficult to set up as a beginner to linux/grub but once set up provides great security for your Bitcoins. So far I have set up a tutorial on how to prepare a USB stick for putting Vault Pup (as I call it) on the USB stick but will be adding screenshots and other information as I have time.
NullOp

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 03:48:32 AM

I only just saw this but I've been using your vault puppy bitcoin armory solution for a long time now. Send me a bitcoin address and I'll send a few bits your way.

Any chance of doing the same thing with the latest bitcoin armory version?
Nawaytes

Activity: 476
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 09:55:50 AM

i use armory for my freeze bitcoin,
a lot of people say armory has good security,
and for my move bitcoin (for transaction) prefer electrum
Jamie_Boulder

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 11:20:28 AM

I'll stick with Tales OS, still the best platform for keeping information locked.

NullOp

Activity: 63

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 12:18:18 AM

I'll stick with Tales OS, still the best platform for keeping information locked.

Puppy linux with no network connection resides entirely in RAM. Provided you don't save content to the flash drive, there is no trace of anything you do. Combine this with truecrypt and you've got a great system.
btcguys

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 01:15:34 AM
Last edit: August 15, 2014, 01:37:39 AM by btcguys

I wouldn't use a interneted computer unless I have to..

This seems perfect though.. I will post up a guide on my site when I get a chance

For now, check out my other guides such as How to create offline wallet with Electrum Bitcoin Client and broadcast transactions and How to create bitcoin paper wallet tutorial.

If you need other guides then ask me via message and if it is within my abilities then I will certainly try to make a guide  Grin

also, can you please release sig file or MD5 hash so we can verify that the file we receive/download is authentic and from you?
chrisvl
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1006

Trainman

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2014, 03:30:43 PM

For me the best way backup wallet into usb and use linux version

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: