Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:55:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ICO investment Risk  (Read 1968 times)
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 04:27:39 PM

Taking part in an ICO is risky because the project will be unproven in the majority of cases, you are investing in an idea and because of the ease at which tokens can be created and fancy websites and buzz words can be used there will be many scam attempts.

Even beyond the scam attempts not all ICOs will be a success, it is a risk but as you said you are taking part in bounties so the risk to yourself will be minimal as you are not directly investing your money but your time.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shezu007

Activity: 336
Merit: 121

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 04:30:42 PM

NOPE, Investment in ICO is not a risk but depend on you that how and where are you investing your money. You need to get information about ICO's before investing that how is their whitepaper written and other things of ICO's like articles etc and whose people are involving in that ICO.
Some ICO's are great and have given better result to their customer while some ICO's are fake due to which people are now fear when investing in ICO'S.
djselery
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 04:42:27 PM

ICO projects are differents, there is few ones having good potential and value, and an attractive concept, and have experienced team behind the project, this ones are expected to success. The other ones which haven't this conditions are predicted to fail, or considered as scam. So it is better to study carefully the project first.
wildflower18

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 04:45:19 PM

NOPE, Investment in ICO is not a risk but depend on you that how and where are you investing your money. You need to get information about ICO's before investing that how is their whitepaper written and other things of ICO's like articles etc and whose people are involving in that ICO.
Some ICO's are great and have given better result to their customer while some ICO's are fake due to which people are now fear when investing in ICO'S.
Investing in an Ico is really risky, you know why? Even the project is good and you have all information about the project. You will know after the Ico if they will follow what they have stated in their project. There are many things to consider if a certain Ico is worth investing.

JACS|JUST ANOTHER
COMMUNICATIONS
STACK
██     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██
████████████ █▄
████████████ ███▄
████████████ █████▄
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
███████████ ██ ████████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
███████████ ██ ████████████
█████▄    ███████▀    ▄████
███████    █████▀    ██████
███████     ███▀     ██████
███████ █    █▀ █    ██████
███████ ██     ██    ██████
███████ ███   ███    ██████
█████▀   ▀██ ███▀    ▀█████
█████▀               ▀█████
████▌                 ▐████
████       ██▄▄        ████
████       ██████      ████
████       ██▀▀        ████
████▌                 ▐████
█████▄               ▄█████
speem28

Activity: 546
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 04:48:38 PM

I just work on bounty at this moment.But every person have a dream.I have a dream.I want to make a big investor.I want to invest on ICO.Can anyone explain me, Have any risk involved invest money on ICO?
There is a lot of risks involved in investing your money in everything you invest it with, let alone to invest in ICOs. Some important risk in investing in ICO that I can point out right now are:
  • Choosing the right ICO, sometimes when you a choose an ICO to invest with and not making any necessary research about it you'll end up with just lose because you just got carried away with surface details about the ICO.
  • Too good to be true, Don't be fooled by what you read in the description about the project, as I said, do extensive research. I've seen many ICOs seems to have a good idea but in the end, their product was not really used in its actual use case so the price didn't stand much.
Dpat
Copper Member

Activity: 798
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 05:02:38 PM

In ICO investment there is lots of risk related to investment. If anybody investing in the ICO then before it read the whitepaper carefully and understand thoroughly about the business model of the company. Whether it is viable in the long run or not? Even most of the company offered huge bonus amount by investing in the ICO still, it has the risk due to high volatile of crypto market. After listing in the exchanges the price may decline to even 3 or 4 times.
andrei56

Activity: 840
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 01:57:15 AM

I just work on bounty at this moment.But every person have a dream.I have a dream.I want to make a big investor.I want to invest on ICO.Can anyone explain me, Have any risk involved invest money on ICO?

Investing in ICO is one of the most risky investment that you will made if ever especially if you are just new in this crypto investment. There are so many ICOs to choose now and some of them are just created for scamming people. Only few ICO are genuine and have roadmap so you have to be careful.
True, investing in altcoins is already risky enough but investing in icos is many times riskier, however why people do it? Because they try to earn profits at all cost and they want to do it fast, investing in bitcoin can give you profits but you cannot expect the multiply your investment many times over with the price so high but with icos the possibility is there but at the end you need to choose the path which follows more closely your own strategy and since I prefer to play it safe most of my money is invested in bitcoin.
ddhsaranga

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 02:32:03 AM

it is a big investment risk. some coin price is not increased in market after release the market. so, after ICO, some coins can't trade in market because traders is not willing to buy that coins. before invest with ICO, read carefully their whitesheet and match it's capability for trading.
sallee2

Activity: 112

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 03:20:46 AM

I think investing in ICOs is very difficult and the risk level is extremely high. To find out an ICO project you need to know what the coin has to do and how it works in practice, it will be as uneventful in the future. You also need to know how well your DEV team has experience. Really investing in ICO is a lot of risk, at least the loss of assets, much is lost. So, you should know the truth before making an investment decision.
entrepmind23

Activity: 644
Merit: 261

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 03:33:56 AM

ICO or not, there is always a risk when you put your money in another's pocket to grow. It is an undeniable fact that investing in ICOs are profitable if you are able to invest in those projects that tremendously grow in just months and some are in years and if ever you are still holding those coins then maybe you already become a millionaire. However, there are two sides of the coin and the negative side of it are the risks involved which maybe that the developers will run away with your money in which case you will not be able to get back anything, the developers are quite inactive and its been months but your money still didn't grow or may even be below ICO price so you are still at a loss.

░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
           ░▒█████████████████████▒░
         ▓███████████████████████████▓░
      ░███████████████▓░▒███████████████░
     ▓██████████▓▓▒░        ▒▒▓▓██████████
   ░███▓                               ▒███▒
  ░████               ▒▒▒               ████▒
 ░█████░           ░███████░            █████▒
 ██████░          ░██      ██▒          ██████
░██████░          ██       ██           ██████▒
▓██████           ██░ ░   ░██           ███████
▓██████         ████████████████        ███████
▓██████        █████████████████        ███████
░██████▒       ███████████████       ░██████▓
 ███████       █████████████████       ▓██████
 ░███████       ████████████████      ▓██████▒
  ▒███████▒       ░ ░     ░ ░       ░███████▒
   ░████████▒                     ▒████████▒
     ▓████████▓░               ░▓█████████
      ░██████████▓░          ▓██████████░
         ▓██████████▒     ▒██████████▓░
           ░▒██████████▒▓█████████▓░
                 ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
BlockEye
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1097

Bounty Mngr & Article Writer https://goo.gl/p4Agsh

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 04:08:08 AM

ICO or not, there is always a risk when you put your money in another's pocket to grow. It is an undeniable fact that investing in ICOs are profitable if you are able to invest in those projects that tremendously grow in just months and some are in years and if ever you are still holding those coins then maybe you already become a millionaire. However, there are two sides of the coin and the negative side of it are the risks involved which maybe that the developers will run away with your money in which case you will not be able to get back anything, the developers are quite inactive and its been months but your money still didn't grow or may even be below ICO price so you are still at a loss.

Even just putting some amount in wallets or in exchanges is a risk , to be able to earn we must be prepared to take some risk, joining in Ico depends on how you'll analyze the project, how you think on it for the future. Do research and try to ask other whom you think will really help you on understanding it more.
ImSuparmin

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

send and receive money instantly, with no hidden c

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 05:25:55 AM

Certainly investing in an ICO does have a big risk that you can, if you want to invest money on ICO, you have to choose which ICO you think will be successful, and if the ICO you choose is not successful then you will experience a very big risk that is a big loss, you must have strong guts to face it.

Nerman

Activity: 364
Merit: 107

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 05:30:06 AM

ICO are very risky specially you are putting money on an unstablished coin but if it pans out then it will ne worth the risk. Just try to avoid the shady ICO there are always great ICO out there that has great vision and project.
ImSuparmin

Activity: 490

send and receive money instantly, with no hidden c

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 05:31:04 AM

Investing in ICO is one of the most risky investment that you will made if ever especially if you are just new in this crypto investment. There are so many ICOs to choose now and some of them are just created for scamming people. Only few ICO are genuine and have roadmap so you have to be careful.
True, investing in altcoins is already risky enough but investing in icos is many times riskier, however why people do it? Because they try to earn profits at all cost and they want to do it fast, investing in bitcoin can give you profits but you cannot expect the multiply your investment many times over with the price so high but with icos the possibility is there but at the end you need to choose the path which follows more closely your own strategy and since I prefer to play it safe most of my money is invested in bitcoin.

I agree with you, better our money invested in Bitcoin, although in Bitcoin has a small profit but not a big risk, than we run out of money in use ICO which we also do not know whether ICO is true or just fraud, and I do not know how to know which ICO will succeed, I prefer to invest in Bitcoin.

carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 05:38:56 AM

lets just be real,do you have money to invest?if not so forget about your dream..collect capital first so you can make your drean come true.but if you have a capital now..this is what you must learn,CHECK THE WHITEPAPER,ROADMAP,AND THE TEAM BEHIND T PROJECT..every details of person that runs the ico you must know
milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1127

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 05:50:59 AM

Even just putting some amount in wallets or in exchanges is a risk , to be able to earn we must be prepared to take some risk, joining in Ico depends on how you'll analyze the project, how you think on it for the future. Do research and try to ask other whom you think will really help you on understanding it more.
Everything that do involves money do really have a corresponding risk on losing money and as you said even storing money on a wallet or in an exchange do still have the chance on losing it which means we should really be prepared and do the things that will able to minimize such risk since we do talk about Ico investments then its not exempted on losing money too because not all investment do succeed.

cryptoimal86

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 05:59:38 AM

In these days invest in a ICO, is the most riskiest investment in crypto field. you must do your own research before invest in ICO. Including understand white paper, understand about project, what solution and how it gonna be solve the problem, is that solution can be build in real world, project team ect.
lifetimebitcoins

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 06:07:57 AM

I do agree, most of the companies are coming up with different innovative thoughts and making the good reputation in order to raise enough money to develop the project. But here we have to face some risk while investing into ICO because some companies are failed to list their coin in the stock exchange after the ICO. This makes many afraid of investing in ICO and some companies are scamming people after raising some amount of the money.
fuding12

Activity: 133
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 06:34:30 AM

SCAM, This risk is the number one thing you should be aware of when you want to start investing, where many developers aim to "cheat" against their investors, by offering an unreasonable Whitepaper. That is, Whitepaper that contains all the details about the ICO is too grandiose and unreasonable. For example, the project is considered too perfect without the slightest flaw, or a very short payback period, and also the distribution of a Token that is too large. If there are some parties who have too many Coins, surely he will be able to monopolize the value of an ICO token, so it is too risky for investors.
MMS2017

Activity: 546

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 06:35:29 AM

ICO investment is risky it is true that if you are are investing in a new initial coin offering then it is good but for high return you must take some of the risk involved with the ICO bitcoin is good but the altcoin is also good and profitable. the ICO is good and i have tried two times that in the beginning the initial coin is good for future but for this you must have the patience because there are so many ICO is running in the market and we are hopeful that we will do good with the investment in the ICO.

❰❰❰ GREENPAPER █████   TERRAGREEN   █████  ANN THREAD ❱❱❱
●●● ▬▬ Facebook  ❰❰❰  Blockchain Based Renewable Energy Platform  ❱❱❱  LinkedIn ▬▬ ●●●
Telegram Twitter    ICO Website    Reddit    Medium
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: