Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 04:30:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: More coins or more masternodes?  (Read 117 times)
Volcomstarr (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 08:36:47 PM

Hi,

In this precise moment we have an Arctic Coin masternode that costed us about 200 €. We used it as a test before taking more expensive masternodes like Innova or bigger ones. The question is that I don't understand one particular thing...

More coins or more masternodes?
Let's say that a masternode of a particular cryptocurrency requires 1000 coins. Now let's suppose that I already own 5000 coins. Should I run 5 masternodes each one with 1000 coins or a single masternode with 5000 coins? Which of the two gives more profit? Is it the same?

Thank you!

alex-nn

Activity: 462
Merit: 104

In Binance we trust!

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 09:10:41 PM

Better to make 5 MN of different coins to  diversify the risks. 5 MN of one coin too hard to sell on good price without dump

► HackenAI ◄ ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦ ► HackenAI ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Facebook|Twitter|Medium|Reddit|Telegram|Whitepaper
Volcomstarr (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 09:19:54 PM

Thank you for reply.

Well, I do understand perfectly but let's suppose that I have an huge amount of coins of a specific currency due to mining or due to the fact that we're crazy (we are! Grin).
How can I can the best profit from it? More masternodes or a single one with tons of coins? I would say that it should be the same if we don't consider the costs of having multiple VPS and IP addresses but I am not sure about it.
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 09:37:46 PM

Hi,

In this precise moment we have an Arctic Coin masternode that costed us about 200 €. We used it as a test before taking more expensive masternodes like Innova or bigger ones. The question is that I don't understand one particular thing...

Let's say that a masternode of a particular cryptocurrency requires 1000 coins. Now let's suppose that I already own 5000 coins. Should I run 5 masternodes each one with 1000 coins or a single masternode with 5000 coins? Which of the two gives more profit? Is it the same?

Thank you!

Depends if the masternode rewards are per masternode. If it is indeed per masternode (as i suspect), you want to setup up as many masternodes as possible as each additional masternode adds to your total masternode rewards.
With Dash you earn like 8,2% annual per masternode, which means you earn 41% annual with 5 masternodes. Setup only one masternode and you only receive 8,2% annual.
Also with Dash each masternode needs exactly 1000 Dash, not more and not less .. this could also be the case with the masternode system you have in mind.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
BigBoy89
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 09:41:34 PM

Hi,

Thank you!

You should look at the specific coin specification.
But in general, it's better to run 5x instead of one. For risk diversify of hacking, etc.

.AMEPAY.
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
│▌
       AMEPAY IEO       
▄██████▄ ▀██████▄
█████████  ▀█████
███████▀     ▀███
██████▀  ▄█▄  ▀██
██████▄  ▀█▀  ▄██
███████▄     ▄███
█████████  ▄█████
▀██████▀ ▄██████▀
   AMEPAY LISTING   
   ▐███▄
   ████▌
▐██████████▄
████████████
 ████▌  █████
▐████  ▄████
██████████▀
 ▀█████▀▀
▐│
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Delinquency

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 09:45:27 PM

If you have 5 separate masternodes, you will earn more money. Because the structure of the masternode is designed accordingly. The Dash example explained this very well.
Hiromono

Activity: 65
Merit: 1

Bitcoin 2 Team

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2018, 09:51:29 PM

Yes, read the coin specifications just in case but most likely any coins over the minimum limit would be sitting idle and not earning anything. However with a Proof of Stake coin like PIVX it may be more profitable just to stake than run a master node, depending on how many mastermodes are online at any given time.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: